Parent reviews for Young Royals

Young Royals Poster Image

Great LGBTQIA+ Show

Young Royals is very real and raw from how the actors have acne to how their emotions are portrayed. The series also presses many questions like if monarchy is beneficial for society. On the other hand there is a lot of substance abuse (getting drunk on moonshine and high on various drugs) and sex ( anal sex, handjobs and making out is shown). Doing drugs and dealing drugs however is not overly glorified in this show the same way as others. Sex and drugs aside this show is about two teens(18 year olds) who fall in love.

the best show with the best cast

Love this show

I really enjoyed this show because all of the characters felt human both in the way they acted as well as their thoughts and personal conflicts. I do feel that there is a level of maturity needed to watch this show due to some of the more explicit scenes, but I feel like the messages of the show are important for young people to be exposed to. Hoping these messages can be further fleshed out with a second season

Excellent show and representation

Teenagers are portrayed realistically and male characters in an intimate, vulnerable way that is extremely refreshing and something I have personally never seen. A must-watch show.

I love it

is super cool the cast and the LGBT represantion

I Am Obsessed

My favorite thing about this show is that it is more realistic (minus the prince aspect of course). It actually has young people playing high school students, with the main lead being 18, instead of 30 year old adults playing half their age. The storyline is absolutely stunning and pulled at my heart strings in both happy and sad ways. I am not going to lie, that I have only watched it once because I have actually watched it three times in the last three days and I plan to watch it for as long as I can. I swear the more I watch it the more beautiful it gets and the more details I notice. I cannot wait for Netflix to release another season. And did I mention it is directed by a Woman? Because it is and she did an amazing job!