Parent reviews for Young Royals

Realistic class-focused teen drama has mature content.

Adult Written byEmiliaavery July 10, 2021

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome

The show is a good portrayal of gay love and focuses on real life issues. I think that it lives up to its reputation of being inclusive as it features a diverse variety of people (ranging from sexuality, ethnicity, social background). The creators casted an actual teenager for the role of Prince Wilhelm, which is awesome! The Prince also has Acne which shows the viewer that this is completely normal.
Great storyline, great acting… great show!

Adult Written byMollymaereviews July 9, 2021

So amazing!!!

It was so cute the romance was amazing, the acting oh wow they just pulled off every scene and the drama in it was so compelling they make you HATE the bad guys and LOVE the good guys other complex characters like should you love them? Should you hate them? And again back to the romance I just think it was done so beautifully you could really feel the love between them and when they argued you could tell there was passion in that argument also can I mention how beautiful the cinematography was?! So many scenes I was like "wow that's so pretty" it was shot so amazingly! Just if you haven't watched it please go ahead it was so so good

Adult Written byJakoqokejsj July 10, 2021

10/10 must watch especially lgbtq and allies

This isn’t a family show, this is more a teen show, a teen struggling with sexuality can relate to this show

Adult Written bymatth2003 July 9, 2021

one of the best shows! season 2 needed asap!!!!

Adult Written byfionacrs July 9, 2021

Incredible show

Never in my life have I felt the need to finish a show as fast as this one. While they go to rich school and one is a prince, the real life issues are presented so incredibly well. The acting is absolutely amazing. The two main boys have incredible chemistry that can be found no where else. This is one of my favorite shows I’ve ever seen.

Adult Written byNoel M July 11, 2021

When I was 14, I would've killed for this show!

The main character will be relatable to any LGBTQ person living in a conservative culture. Beautifully acted and heartfelt story! Plus the teen characters look like normal people and the correct age.

There are a total of 3 non-graphic sex scenes. They're short and very easy to skip.

Adult Written byDannylarryson July 15, 2021

Season 2!

I am in love with this show it shows healthy communication, women supporting women, textured skin and acne, has good rep, realistic neurodivergency, and so much more it's also got a lot of women in production which is amazing and needed more but it also takes you through so many emotions and has an amazing attention to detail. I could talk forever about why I love this show honestly. We need a season 2 to show more of this story and these characters

Adult Written byBoggie July 15, 2021

THIS SHOW IS SO AMAZING IT HURTS

This was the first show in a long time where the storyline was actually interesting and the actors are so talented and amazing! Also I have never seen a more beautifully filmed show before!

Adult Written byEzodie123 July 10, 2021

What a genuinely great show.

All I can say is that this show was absolutely amazing. The actors are perfect for the roles they were given, and they actually look the age they are supposed to be which is refreshing. I think it's important for kids to see other kids that look like them playing these characters more so than models with perfect skin because those standards are impossible to reach. The show's plot isn't crazy by any means but it is very addicting and you will find yourself stuck in a rabbit hole as every episode seems to get even more interesting. The soundtrack of every episode is fantastic and I can't get over some parts of the show to the point where I have rewatched the whole series several times over. Everyone I have suggested it to so far has loved it and I just think overall it's a great show and deserves all of the praise it is getting.

Adult Written bybaekjin July 11, 2021

most realistic way of showing two teenage boys whose "aren't really sure about their sexuality"

Although Simon knew he was gay, Wilhelm wasn't sure about his sexuality. He exclaimed he is not homosexual to Simon many times, but still his loving look towards Simon didn't change. I LOVED the way directors showed their acne and skin texture, it was really unexpected and realistic.

I, and many other Young Royals fans wants to know if the prince chose either his lover or crown. So please Netflix don't cancel this masterpiece and film the season two.
Adult Written byauri July 10, 2021

Honest

The portrayal of a gay relationship is so wonderful and so raw and realistic, and the actors have all done such a wonderful job too.

Adult Written byhikari12 July 10, 2021
Adult Written byleopenuel July 10, 2021

Adult Written byCoralie S. July 9, 2021

Good show

It's a nice show! It's great representation for LGBTQ teens. Fun to watch!

Adult Written byMatCano July 8, 2021

This show is great!

I think that my child felt represented in this show, because of the travel that the two characters go through, that is not showed on every series about gay or homosexual couples. The journey about the closet and all that stuff that we're going to get to know on the second season would be so educational.

Adult Written bysarah.gab July 24, 2021

Excellent show and representation

Teenagers are portrayed realistically and male characters in an intimate, vulnerable way that is extremely refreshing and something I have personally never seen. A must-watch show.
Adult Written bymarycarmen. July 23, 2021

I love it

is super cool the cast and the LGBT represantion

Adult Written byDianazavr July 23, 2021
Adult Written byArialovely36 July 23, 2021

I Am Obsessed

My favorite thing about this show is that it is more realistic (minus the prince aspect of course). It actually has young people playing high school students, with the main lead being 18, instead of 30 year old adults playing half their age. The storyline is absolutely stunning and pulled at my heart strings in both happy and sad ways. I am not going to lie, that I have only watched it once because I have actually watched it three times in the last three days and I plan to watch it for as long as I can. I swear the more I watch it the more beautiful it gets and the more details I notice. I cannot wait for Netflix to release another season. And did I mention it is directed by a Woman? Because it is and she did an amazing job!

Adult Written byhuho July 23, 2021