Parent of a 3 year old Written byjojovonjo July 16, 2011

Research before reviewing

This show is quite good. It came out long before the card game and i wish that the people who write reviews on this site would have their facts strait before posting on this website
Adult Written bylanekintigh April 9, 2008

Unhappy monsters

My review of Yu-Gi-Oh TV is slanted by the artwork I find on the cards. Although I permit my son Jack, age 6, to own Pokemon and a number of other cards of this type, I am very concerned at the tone of the artwork found in Yu-Gi-Oh, and I don't let him watch the show. Most of the monsters are simply evil and repulsive, and shockingly so compared to other game cards in the marketplace. They just seem to me to have been created by a depraved mind, and I won't allow my son to play with them. I am interested in hearing from other parents who feel the same (or differently!) Give me a reality check: have I over-reacted? Lane Kintigh, a parent in Chicago area.
Adult Written by003.5 February 5, 2010

This show's time has come and gone.

People claimed this would be the next Pokemon. It actually never once exceeded Pokemon in popularity. Now that Kazuki Takahashi is gutting the franchise and killing off its remaining fanbase, the only joy I find is in the YouTube abridged version by LittleKuriboh.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 23, 2010

7 and up.

yu-gi-oh is in ok cartoon but parents this cartoon series yu-gi-oh has a lot of scary monsters and cartoon violence that may frighten your young kids.
Adult Written byTrevorsHeartburn September 22, 2015

I'd let Yugi put me in face-down defense mode

Adult Written byDrew172 February 24, 2015

Yogi oh becomes a religion

All parents should be well aware of the occult connotations contained within the yugioh television series. Younger children will be easily captivated by such references and be easily enticed to embrace the "religion" of the game which I personally find distasteful. At the young age of 8 I first started watching this tv series and became obsessed with it. Much whining later I got my first trading card deck (a purchase which any child will want to follow their encounter with this tv series). This game absorbed a lot of time everyday of my life and my parents easily spent two grand on all the trading cards. If for nothing else, the consumerism is downright awful. Expect to have your kid lured into the consumerist paradigm this tv show wraps around them, especially if young. As for the occult references, heavy (seemingly "innocent") satanic symbolism and references. Yugioh through its magic cards and "demon conjuring" monster cards is essentially completely designed to grease the wheel for satan worship and practice of witchcraft.If you don't care about this and are all about the money, consider the inane obsession, amount of time, and amount of money you will spend in association with this tv series. If I could recommend anything it would be not to let your children watch this. Additionally, parents should be warned that some of these demon monster characters are presented in a rather sexually provocative manner likely inappropriate for the age group.
Adult Written byawareness April 9, 2008
Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

Uh-huh...

Ah, a classic display of an anime being brought over to the U.S. and used for marketing something. However, seasoned readers of Shounen Jump (the one in Japan and in America) know that Yu-Gi-Ou was NOT made for children. TV executives have managed to keep the really violent and racey episodes off the screen, but it's still pretty violent. This show maybe advertised toward kids, but that doesn't mean it's good for them. (Even I don't watch it, and I'm an anime fan. O.o; )
Adult Written byclonegamer654 July 5, 2016

this show is awesome

this show is not bad it is good the show in not bad it is good and it is just good there some bad edit but I still like it
Adult Written byprofessionalmov... February 23, 2016

Awesome, thrilling Tv series that I love watching!

This TV series has tonnes of humour and it is an all round epic tv series. The trading card game is equally as fun. There are some scary and voilent moments but nothing that would scare your kids
Adult Written bybrandonkirch@hotmail September 23, 2014

yu gi oh is violnet for kids kick crad game violnet drak mick evil crihs saw in legs blow up drawng frie yami

I thike sonde keep uncesorned be bevile it to violnet for kids to whitch
Adult Written bybrandonkirch@hotmail September 23, 2014

I thike sonde keep uncesorned be bevile it to violnet for kids to whitch
Adult Written byForeverYugiohLegend June 29, 2013

Perfect Awesome Kids Show

I love yugioh i watch the movie when i was 16 this show is perfect Fine For kids i have lot of yugioh Cards and Too parent Complain About unhappy Monsters you are Why too overprotective so stop Complain Monsters Are not that Bad and pokemon Has Scary creatures As Well so just shut up if really Don't give Crap Stop let kid buy the cards they just Waste own money Stop Overprotective Parents Today's This show is Awesome fine For Most Kids yes can Be violence at Times But not much worst Than Pokemon Other Today's Movies
Parent Written bycharacterman2334 June 29, 2011

thinks, knowledge

well I think its a good show but some name calling is in the show and I also think this show has cool monsters and but a bit of bullying in it but its ok for ll year olds to watch.
Parent of a 5, 6, and 8 year old Written bymarieke September 7, 2010
Adult Written bypeggy366 April 9, 2008

Too much Commercialism!

All this tv show is is one big commercial for the trading cards. It's like watching someone teach a kid how to play monopoly - very disappointing for an anime cartoon. Pokemon is more interesting and easier to follow. If you are interested in purchasing hundreds of dollars worth of cards, then let your child watch this program, otherwise, I would skip this as entertainment.
Adult Written bypunk_butters April 9, 2008

Not brainless

Ok, you people who say that the 'monsters' are too 'scary' are way too over protective of your kids. So they aren't pretty, that's life. & those of you who say Pok'emon is better, are you nutz? Pok'emon is so braindead. They repeat the same plot over & over, they just twik the charaters. I thought the show sounded dumb at first too, but I found it actually has a fairly good plot. The characters have structured relations.P.S; I don't play the card game, so don't go thinking I only like it for that.
Adult Written byrylan April 9, 2008