Kid reviews for Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

Fun, sensitive musical comedy has lots of heart.

Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2020

Really wholesome show

First of all, this show is incredible and it should pretty much be rated PG. The show is really cute and has some really catchy songs in it as well.

Positive messages: The show really shows what it is like to deal with grief, loss, and other hard topics in a unique way.

Role models: There are some really great characters in this show as well as great female leads. We have Mo, Zoey, Maggie, and Joan, and that’s to just name a few!

Violence: One of the characters dad committed suicide, but the character only mentions it briefly and nothing is ever shown.

Sex: There are a few suggestive lyrics/dances as well as a few kisses, and a fully clothed make-out scene, but nothing too off color.

Language: Most of the swear words are bleeped out with an over-dramatic guitar riff in a humorous context. If you are watching this show, you definitely already know what those words are { F*ck and Sh*t}. I believe that there is only sh*t and one b*tch that isn’t bleeped out.

Consumerism: There are a few products shown {such as Apple} but who really cares about this anyway?

Substances: characters have cocktails at a club and drink champagne at a party. {Kids know what alcohol is, calm down} Tobin speaks of drug-dealing, but nothing else.

Teen, 13 years old Written byateenreviewsmovies July 16, 2020

Deeper Than Most Think

This show is really good, but the show revolves around a sensitive subject that may be a bit difficult to talk about if you're not a teenager. It's also slightly risque towards the end of the season (Character kiss, make out fully clothed), but overall it's one of my favorites! It has so much heart, and the characters are very relatable and like-able. Definitely an Emmy contender!

Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2020

Heartfelt connections.

Some of the songs and meanings make you cry- in a good way. You immediately get drawn in, and its just amazing.

Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2020

Best. Show. EVER.

After one episode you will be hooked on this show. WARNING: you will CRY YOUR EYES OUT but it is totally worth it. Mild easy-to-edit content, and honestly, any stuff you would have to edit is worth it to have to edit because this is THE GREATEST SHOW I HAVE EVER WATCHED. This is coming from a Pitch Perfect nerd (for those who are the same, Skylar Astin is in this! Plus he sings a bunch) who loves comedy and drama and musicals. I never thought I would find something that was all three.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLizzk July 9, 2020

Cute show, slightly mature content

I would be careful when watching it with kids, the content isn't quite as innocent as a lot of reviews make it out to be. They frequently go to clubs/out drinking and dancing. There is one particularly suggestive dance number that you may want to be aware of, and there is a fair amount of sex jokes and inappropriate jokes in general. At the beginning of every episode there is a bleeped out swear word, it's usually very clear what they're saying in the context of the scene if you're older, but it probably just goes right over younger kid's heads.

All that considered, this is a cute show that my whole family really enjoys. Not only is it fun and has awesome musical numbers, it deals with heavier topics like loss and family relationships. It also has really good representation with characters who are poc, deaf, and lgbt. It's cool because so many shows these days don't accurately represent the world we live in and I think this did a really good job of it. It also shows women in a really empowering way. It brings light to how men so often dominate women in the workforce while women and other oppressed groups are not always so lucky.

All in all, I really like this show and so does my whole family. It's fun, sad, awesome, and everything in between. This show deals with real world issues and situations in a really cool way.

Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2020

My new fav show!!

I love this show. I cried when Max sang I gonna be(500 miles) to Zoey.
In episode 12 Zoey and Max kiss a lot but being the girl I am I loved it .
I will be so sad if they do not have another series .#teamzomaxforever

Kid, 9 years old May 13, 2020

very good show!

I think that Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist is an amazing show. It has a lot of positive messages and role models such as Mo, a non-binary person. There is a lot of material that i think some parents wouldn't want their kids to see, so I would say it is 12+ (I know I am 9, but I think a lot of kids my age wouldn't want to watch it although I am comfortable with it). There is no swearing, except at the beginning of every episode that is mostly censored. Overall, an amazing show if parents are okay with the kissing and lovey-dovey stuff.

Teen, 13 years old Written byItsJustMe...Idk April 18, 2020

Emotional show that deals with a lot of important issues

This inspirational, uplifting and unique show has been an incredible escape for me and my family during this trying time. There are a few mild sex references but they will most likely go over your 10 and under child’s head. Some drinking but never anything too racy when it comes to it. Mild swearing but as long as your child knows not to repeat what they see on tv you’ll be fine. Overall an amazing show!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCrystal_Clear April 15, 2020

Is 'Zoe's Extraordinary Playlist' worth your time?

Though Zoe's Extraordinary Playlist is rated TV- 14 I believe nine year old's are safe to watch it. This musical TV series is packed full of dancing, singing, drama, and some appropriate comedy. They do not use language, but at times they do let you know they were saying some words you would not like your young child to know, but they only hint. Zoe's Extraordinary Playlist does involve romance but will have you addicted to knowing what will happen next. There is one trans, just not exclusively, it all really just depends on your beliefs. Overall I would say this is a fun, family friendly series, that has great music and will have you dancing along.

Kid, 9 years old March 31, 2020

Really good!

I like it! It’s sweet and I think that Jane Levy makes a great Zoey Clark

Teen, 14 years old Written byJadewing370 March 29, 2020

An amazing show!!

This show is incredible!! My family loves watching it every Sunday, its the perfect combination of comedy, drama, musical theatre, and even sci-fi. It does have some sketchy material (especially for younger kids), but overall its very uplifting. The occasional swear, some negative references to sex and drugs, and some dirty jokes in the background. For 14+, its nothing we haven't seen, and its super addicting! For families with teenagers I think this show is very acceptable. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byLunaRS27 February 1, 2020