Adult Written byTheMelMonster November 10, 2008

A must-play for young kids

I am a huge fan of BrainPOPJr.com (and it's counterpart BrainPOP.com). All the content is age appropriate with a great variety of topics to keep kids engaged. Furthermore, the quality of the graphics and animations is impressive, and the website layout is easy for parents to navigate. Two thumbs up!
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 30, 2012

Fun, educational site!

The reason this has 4 stars is because you have to pay, but some movies are free. Very educational site!
Parent of a 12 and 12 year old Written byResponibleParentOf2 August 30, 2012

Educational site great for my kids!

My middle school boys LOVE this site!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysravnsborg March 21, 2013

Engaging educational tool that invites kids to keep learning

My boys ( 4 and 7) both love this app and often search it out independently. I often require them to watch a topic I select (areas where they need more focus), then allow them to explore on their own. Even my pre-reading 4 year old finds the site interesting and learns from it and my 1st grader really enjoys it. Great tool to allow kids to explore topics that interest them and may not have been covered in school yet - or to reinforce topics they are struggling with. I've been really impressed with the breadth of topics they address.
Parent Written byspellingbeequeen October 11, 2011

DISLIKING

I dislike it. Why would anyone pay that much for a silly website?
Educator Written byshaimae September 6, 2011
Parent Written byClaudekavanagh June 3, 2015

Annie is weird but okay

Annie says no Moby that will take too long when Moby counts six muffins. Really? Other than that great website!
Educator and Parent Written byDEPA June 20, 2013

BrainPOP, Jr.

I have only reviewed Brain POP, Jr. Good information and graphics. Voice speaking is that of a child. Good details, easy to follow along. Includes educational content. After the video there are four different areas, easy quiz, hard quiz, belly up (cartoon), and pop a joke. Also, graphics on related topics. Good tool for learning.
Educator Written bycaityellow521 October 10, 2016

Awsome Videos for Teachers!!!!

These videos are awesome. I play the videos for my students during science, social studies and health mostly. I incorporate these videos from the website into my instruction to either engage my students into a topic or to enhance and review what we discussed. They have videos on all types of topics. I still could teach and come up with another way to teach my students without the video. I think the video helps me to engage my Kindergarten students in the topic we are teaching. I notice my students asking to watch the video again and asking to see more videos. BrainPop JR does have quizzes after each video. You can either print out a quiz or take the electronic version of the quiz. If I play the video for my students, we will take the quiz as a whole group electronically. For each question, we will turn and talk to a partner about the answer before choosing one. After taking the quiz electronically, the website calculates a score. I use the website with all of my students. We watch the videos as a whole group. The only down side is the site is pricey. If you are willing to pay the price it is well worth it.
Grandparent of a 5 year old Written byChaz Margarita C. October 10, 2016

Rubs me the wrong way

I live in Wyoming, since 2001 and I have 2 kids of ages 4 and 6 and i love the idea behind this but it rubs me the wrong way with the implications of it that are subtly but kiddos can pick up deez nutz