Parent reviews for DOGO News

Interactive, kid-friendly news source gives kids the scoop.

Parent Written bymaggie a. November 24, 2018

Amazing current events resource for kids and teens

I usually don't post reviews, but Dogo News is a great resource. My younger son started using it in elementary school for a current events project in class and now we both read the articles together! all of the topics are curated for kids and they range from fun articles to fascinating scientific discoveries to coverage of serious world issues, all written for kids to understand! there are also great comprehension questions and vocabulary. my son is now in middle school and we still read the articles and both learn from them!

Parent of a 11-year-old Written bygreenink December 21, 2017

Poorly written, not edited

My son brought home a printout of a DOGO News article, and I was shocked when I read it. It's so poorly written! The article was riddled with errors in grammar and punctuation; the writing seemed like an unedited first draft; and the entire article was poorly constructed. I was so bothered by what I saw that I went to the site and started reading through several articles, and none of the content convinced me that this is a good site for kids. The topics may be of interest, but the articles do not seem to be written by educators or professional writers, and they certainly are not edited. As a writer/editor who spent many years in educational publishing, I'm horrified that this is being used in classrooms. It models terrible writing practices. Look elsewhere!