All parent member reviews for DoSomething.org

Parent Written byBarbLents September 11, 2010

Beware of the politics!

Such a promising website, but unfortunately highly politicized. For example, the issue of reproductive rights is discussed solely from the pro-abortion point of view. Very biased, even in it's telling of our country's history on this issue. It is a shame that they couldn't encourage young people to "do something" on either side of the issue, whichever one they feel passionate about, not just the one they feel is right.
Parent of a 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, and 16 year old Written byJaeie May 13, 2009

It was boring, says my kids

They said it was very boring
Adult Written byFreedomFromCens... June 29, 2009

Bleh...boring site, not very interesting. Good intentions though.

Even if it has good intentions, it would never keep a kid interested in it for more than a few minuets.
Adult Written byIsabella B August 23, 2014

Good cause, poor execution

The site needs to be more updated. Also, management is rude and inefficient. When I emailed with questions, they took a very long time to get back to me. If I had kids, I would not let them work with this group. There are many other organizations out there, like Windows of Opportunity, Inc. and World Youth Alliance, that do a much better job of promoting social good.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 14, 2012

dosomethingorg

Families can talk about the benefits of the Internet when it comes to not-for-profit programs and volunteer work. Are there any negative aspects to using the Internet to further a cause? What are some safe practices when posting videos or discussions online, even when on a supposed safe and secure Web site?
Adult Written byUncommonSense11 July 25, 2016

Immature Individuals Running this Site

I "liked" the DoSomething.org FB page, which has various postings attempting to get people involved and taking action, on various socially-minded topics... which should be good, but it is not due to their total closed-mindedness and lack of acceptance for anyone who doesn't 100% agree with what they are saying and how they are saying it, even when others are attempting to achieve a common goal. In my opinion, they should just close the public's access to comment on their posts since they constantly delete even the most respectful and productive comments if their view isn't totally in line with what the person is stating. As my title alludes, I attribute the fact that they remove respectful attempts at opening up a dialogue on topics they post to be related to a lack of maturity on the part of the site admins ... possibly power and control in the hands of those who aren't yet mature enough for it.