Parent reviews for ExploreLearning Reflex

ExploreLearning Reflex Poster Image

Not fact fluency

This is not what fact fluency means. This just gives kids stress and anxiety. See the statement by nation teachers of mathematics about fluency https://www.nctm.org/News-and-Calendar/Messages-from-the-President/Arch…

If hell is real this is it. So don’t play this ****** ** game

Trash

It has a time limit which is about 5 seconds on the picture puzzle square it changes colors every 2 seconds and is distracting and stresses kids out.

NEVER PLAY THIS GAME!

THIS GAME FREAKING SUCKS, first it teaches kids to rush, second coach penny makes you do 2 picture puzzles that take forever, lastly its SO BORING! This is probably the worst online game I've ever played. I have to do it every other day at school! ITS EXTREMELY BAD FOR KIDS!

Selective Students will Succeed

I read the dissertation by the PhD that pitched this research. I read it to understand the algorithm that is used for this program. It’s pretty clear that this was not a thoughtful dissertation - no algorithm was listed. If I was on the committee for this candidate, I would have some serious issues with this write up. But, graduate students in education typically do not have to do a PhD defense. Getting back to the reflex math program, Not all children that are intelligent will be successful completing this program. In fact, the research on this program sites that disabled children succeeded - I highly doubt this. Since no information was provided about the algorithm, I can tell you this: students are given three seconds to answer a question. If they do not answer the question, or the answer incorrectly, the program appears to dock the student’s score. This is like IXL, which I have seen kids kick & scream over. I actually think this program is worse than IXL, because IXL is broken into sections and if a child is not successful in one section, they can go to another. Here, there is no dashboard for parents, only the teachers get to see what is going on. Also, students can stagnate at the same score for weeks. There is something in the algorithm that is utterly unproductive. This is an awful program for a teacher to focus on. It just doesn’t work for some kids, and I am sure it will affect their psyche.

Basic, poorly executed and a waste of time.

This program is so basic. A true educator obviously did not create this program. Jeez, so where do I start? First, it creates a lot of anxiety in some kids b/c of the timers. There should be an option for the length of time to respond or none at all. perhaps offering an option to increase the time to respond would built confidence in those students. It is also demoralizing to constantly hear the sound for the wrong answer or to be in the middle of typing your answer then get timed out and marked wrong. I also don't think that they should mix up multiplication and division until the student is solid in one. same goes with adding and subtracting. I speak from experience that people arrive at the answer in different ways. I still do division by multiplying in my head. meaning 24 divided by 6 is converted in my head to 6 times what equals 4. it is a super quick process but none the less, it is my process. many people do something similar while adding and subtracting. so again, a student should have their facts solid before mixing division and subtraction and vice versa. This becomes obvious when you look at his fluency charts. My son's division fluency is soooo much worse than his multiplication. So by doing this program, you are wasting a child's time. They should focus on the numbers the student does't know and then mix. Not just mix all facts together. kids are so concerned about looking for the number keys and beating the clock that they don't stop to LEARN the facts. This program is also horrible for dyslexics. all the inverted numbers are counted as wrong. The games too have their own issues. You are forced to scan all over the screen to find the facts you can answer then scan down to the keyboard to find the numbers keys. This programs is just stupid. My son makes more progress at home with me in one week then 3 months of using this at school. Yes, this program may work for a portion of kids, but those are the kids that mostly likely don't need this. So what about the other 50%, the kids that really need a program? This isn't it. Keep looking. My son and his 4th grade class would like to start a movement #FireCoachPenny.

H E Y G U Y S I T I N I N J A A N D I H A V E T O S A Y R E F L E X S U C K S

So, yea reflex sucks EA sports really crashed this one.

not for kids

it's trash because my kid just ripped off all the keys and flushed them down the toilet. my kid now has anger issues

my kid is sad

my son says that he just go a new game on reflex but he has to get 7 green lights to unlock a new game