All teen and kid member reviews for Facebook

Teen, 13 years old Written byilenee. February 10, 2011

not a great idea.

I think that if you let your kids have a facebook, thats great and stuff, but you also have to think about the privacy and how much time they're going to spend on the computer. my friend has a facebook, and its insane how long she spends on there. its like her life is on facebook. i HAD one i DELETED it because i was addicted, and it really wasted my time. i got BULLIED on there, and my account kept getting hacked (i didn't share my password with n e one!) just recently, some kids at my school were bullying my other friend and making rude comments and pages that made her sad.. i don't think any child should go through that. i really think that you should think twice before letting kids on there.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2011
I have Facebook - as do a lot of my friends. I understand why they have the set age of 13, but if you're 12 or even 11 for that matter, Facebook is fine! You should know the basics of online safety, though - such as not accepting friend requests from people you do not know. If you know that much, I think you can be on Facebook. But just remember: It's much easier to be mean online than in person. Don't do or say anything online you wouldn't say in person!
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2009

You need to read this as it involves what you need to know

Safety is and not a problem. You can leash out information but as long as you keep only friends you know outside of the computer and block everyone else, it's fine. It does have an age limit of I think 14 but many people fake their age. Do not be fooled by celebritys, they are normal people pretending to be Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas. They are posers. It is rarely you will find the real person. I say its safe for 11 and over but their not even meant to have an account so I would leave it until they are old enough to have an account. Once they are older enough to have one, just leave another couple of years until you are sure the responsible enough to have an account. Keep double checking their friends and information though as you never know who they could add. Keep them under your thumbs!
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2014

Great For Connecting, Not So Great For Kids

I have had a Facebook since I was 7 years old. My mom let me because she KNEW I was mature. Other kids however, not so much. Talking sexual, Facebook definitely gives you the power to post pictures where you can have half of your clothes off (or even all, for that matter). Also, random accounts can talk to you and say very sexual and inappropriate things. Talking bad language, on Facebook, you are given the freedom to say what you want. Which includes curse words. Safety and privacy concerns, the sky is the limit on what you want certain people to see and what you don't want certain people to see. If you are letting a child under the age of 13 have a Facebook, I would suggest making the account for them and setting all their privacy settings for them. Violence and drinking/drugs/smoking, you can talk about it, but it's really not that bad. Now I will tell you my opinion on what you should do if you are allowing your daughter/son have a Facebook account by age/maturity. 7-10 years old/low level of maturity: Make their Facebook for them, set all their settings yourself, have them inform you when they get a friend request, set the time limit they have on Facebook very low. 11-13 years old/medium level of maturity: Monitor their Facebook usage, tell them to change their settings to your liking, tell them not to friend people they don't know. 14-18 years old/high level of maturity: Friend them on Facebook, go through the basic rules.
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2011

Facebook's got Issues but it's popular

Facebook is popular to thousands of people so they can connect with friends and family, chat, play on applications, create groups and promote ads. But there are many issues regarding Facebook. Privacy and safety being one of them. Children as young as 8 are joining up to Facebook because it's got fun applications on it and they can chat to family and friends. Well it's not all fun and games. There are sexually intrigued people lurking around on Facebook pretending to be a young child when they could be an middle-aged man/woman. Also, there are sexual media being posted around Facebook contagiously like a virus which is also another problem because there are a lot of viruses on Facebook that may corrupt your computer/laptop. There's also heavy annoying ads that bother you when you don't need to be bothered, a lot of people using bad language such as f**k, s**t, c**t, b***h, b*****d, t**t, t*t, d**k, p*****t, p**** and p********e while there may be young children around, sexual behaviour such as sexual language and putting up sexual media and the main problem... violence. There's so much violence on Facebook it's unreal. People fight on applications, there's so much bullying going on between people's walls (they send nasty messages) and statuses, but most of all people attack where it hurts the most... the victim's inbox. It's like a Facebook war has broke out. But I must admit, I do have a Facebook account but I use it for family and friends communication purposes only along with applications to keep me entertained.
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2010

Parents: watch out. Kids: FUN FUN FUN

I love facebook but you are technically supposed to be 15 just to join, though i know people as young as the age of 8 who have gotten a facebook account and their parents didnt mind. Parents: be sure to check their walls, everybodys posts, and always monitor chats if you dont feel your child is responsible enough!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byngh98 September 4, 2011

I

i would DIE without facebook
Teen, 17 years old Written bymaturereviews March 11, 2011
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

Privacy is a big issue!

You really need to be careful with websites like this, because privacy is a big issue! Cause' whatever you post on there you can take off! Like my friend got her facebook when she was 5! And it seemed like her parents did not really know about it That is why it is still really dangerous! Because what if sometihng happend...???
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 21, 2010

Good way to keep up with friends, but it can be dangerous

I use Facebook often. Although it's a good site, you have to be careful on it, especially since they keep changing the privacy settings. I think teens should only friend people they know. If some stranger sends them a friend request, they can simply ignore it. You can make your profile private so no one can see your posts. However, if you want to play games like FarmVille then a page will come up that says something like, "Allow Farmville to acess to your page?" or something. This means that they can see all your post and your friends and stuff, but this is the only way to play those games so safety can be an issue. But there are some good things. For example, if your friend is writing inappropriate comments you can block them or you can delete them as a friend. A good way to moinitor your child is by being friends with them so you can see there post. But I think only teens+ can be on this site (although you can't join if you're under 13, but you can lie about your age). As long as you're safe on Facebook, it can be fun and enjoyable!
Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2010

Good for mature kids, teens and adults

Well facebook can be good and bad because you can put your settings so no one can see your profile and only your friends can see your profile, info, pics etc etc. I put this 10+ because just like I said they can set there privacy options to only friends and they will be fine. The iffy thing is that some people might swear, but it happens rarely. Kids defenetly should ask there parents before going on Facebook because each person has a different opinion about facebook and other social networking sites.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicAddict911 April 9, 2008

Nothing wrong with Facebook.

Two words: Privacy Control Do I have a Facebook account? Yep. If I had a child, would I let them have a Facebook account? Yep. Why? There are privacy controls. Monitor them if you have children on Facebook and they'll be fine. You can customize the controls anywhere from letting everyone see your entire profile to friends only. Personally I have mine set to friends only. This means nobody can see me in search results (except friends), nobody can see my photos, notes, groups, friends or any other personal information except the people I know in real life and decide to add to my friends list. Just monitor who your children add -- Someone posing to be 13 years old might not be 13 years old. You never really know who anyone is on the Internet, so I recommend only adding people you've actually met and trust. I have no clue why, but there seems to be an awful lot of drugs/alcohol posting on Facebook. It's definitely not Facebook's fault, but there are applications (kind of like plugins to your Facebook profile that are developed by third parties, NOT by Facebook) that let you send virtual beer to your friends, a Happy Hour application, Booze Mail and others and I've saw kids add these and send virtual items to each other of this nature. Nonetheless, with a little talk about internet security and not trusting everything and everyone you see, Facebook is a great alternative to other social networking sites like Myspace and Bebo that offer less security.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimeLady03 July 19, 2016

Facebook

This is fine if you trust your kids and teach them well. There is always a way for kids to view "inappropriate" stuff, no matter what you do, and isn't it better to have them see it now when you can explain it instead of later when they don't know what to do so they don't do the right thing? Kids have more common sense than you think. Just because you see something that happened because of the Internet once every two years doesn't mean that you shouldn't trust your kid. If you don't trust them, take a step back and look at your parenting skills. Oh wait, you have none! Sorry to break it to you, but kids know stuff! Kids know not to talk to strangers, it's been drilled into their brains. Even if they don't get the opportunity to do bad things as a kid, as soon as they get a chance, they're going to do all the stuff they couldn't do before. As a kid with strict parents who won't let her wear short shorts or crop tops I know that as soon as I move out I have a 90% chance of being a slut and wearing the most revealing clothes I can find. Same goes for makeup and technology. The more freedom you give a kid, the more they can learn that that's not what they want! My point: trust your kids, give them freedom so they can learn from their mistakes, and don't want the news!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilith_Pleasant July 10, 2016
Facebook is so boring. Instagram and twitter is way better and fun. More followers on Instagram and twitter
Teen, 13 years old Written byBoris and trump 1234 June 4, 2016

Mazin'

Mazin'
Kid, 10 years old May 28, 2016
LEARNING

Good social media service.

Facebook is an amazing site. It lets me connect with my friends and family. I've had an account for 6 years. For the first 2-3 years, I mainly had an account just to play games and to IM with my aunt and uncle who I rarely see in real life. We also skyped. Anyway, I think it is for a mature kid who is 9 or even 8 1/2 or older. Done ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byawsome7899 May 2, 2016
LEARNING

Facebook is very dangerous but its fun and safe if you monitor your children

Facebook is in many cyberbullying awareness videos and tons of people do get cyberbullied via FaceBook. These people end up committing suicide and NO ONE wants that to happen to their child. If you do let your child have facebook, PLEASE monitor them, get facebook yourself and add them. Monitoring them can literally save their life. There are A Lot of peadophiles, child predators, and cons on FaceBook so please be careful!!!! You can get all sorts of creepy people adding you. It is quite easy for someone to persuade your child to do something very bad. Definetly a 15+
Teen, 14 years old Written byTiziano_Perfetti April 25, 2016
Teen, 17 years old Written bycsmreviewer101 April 19, 2016
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2016
LEARNING

bad

Okay, my mom has facebook and creeps follow her all the time.... I don't recomend this for kids