Kid reviews for Facebook

Huge social site connects, serves ads; check settings.

Teen, 13 years old Written byilenee. February 10, 2011

not a great idea.

I think that if you let your kids have a facebook, thats great and stuff, but you also have to think about the privacy and how much time they're going to spend on the computer. my friend has a facebook, and its insane how long she spends on there. its like her life is on facebook. i HAD one i DELETED it because i was addicted, and it really wasted my time. i got BULLIED on there, and my account kept getting hacked (i didn't share my password with n e one!)

just recently, some kids at my school were bullying my other friend and making rude comments and pages that made her sad..
i don't think any child should go through that.

i really think that you should think twice before letting kids on there.

Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2011
I have Facebook - as do a lot of my friends. I understand why they have the set age of 13, but if you're 12 or even 11 for that matter, Facebook is fine! You should know the basics of online safety, though - such as not accepting friend requests from people you do not know. If you know that much, I think you can be on Facebook. But just remember: It's much easier to be mean online than in person. Don't do or say anything online you wouldn't say in person!

Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2009

You need to read this as it involves what you need to know

Safety is and not a problem. You can leash out information but as long as you keep only friends you know outside of the computer and block everyone else, it's fine. It does have an age limit of I think 14 but many people fake their age. Do not be fooled by celebritys, they are normal people pretending to be Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas. They are posers. It is rarely you will find the real person. I say its safe for 11 and over but their not even meant to have an account so I would leave it until they are old enough to have an account. Once they are older enough to have one, just leave another couple of years until you are sure the responsible enough to have an account. Keep double checking their friends and information though as you never know who they could add. Keep them under your thumbs!

Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2017

Deleted Account

I had an account but I have seen very inappropriate things on Facebook. I deleted my account when I got sent wierd messages from some stranger.
If you're willing to risk safety, Risk it, but I wouldn't recommend it considering I have the setting , show only my friends on.

Teen, 14 years old Written byngh98 September 4, 2011

I

i would DIE without facebook
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2011

Facebook's got Issues but it's popular

Facebook is popular to thousands of people so they can connect with friends and family, chat, play on applications, create groups and promote ads. But there are many issues regarding Facebook. Privacy and safety being one of them. Children as young as 8 are joining up to Facebook because it's got fun applications on it and they can chat to family and friends. Well it's not all fun and games. There are sexually intrigued people lurking around on Facebook pretending to be a young child when they could be an middle-aged man/woman. Also, there are sexual media being posted around Facebook contagiously like a virus which is also another problem because there are a lot of viruses on Facebook that may corrupt your computer/laptop. There's also heavy annoying ads that bother you when you don't need to be bothered, a lot of people using bad language such as f**k, s**t, c**t, b***h, b*****d, t**t, t*t, d**k, p*****t, p**** and p********e while there may be young children around, sexual behaviour such as sexual language and putting up sexual media and the main problem... violence. There's so much violence on Facebook it's unreal. People fight on applications, there's so much bullying going on between people's walls (they send nasty messages) and statuses, but most of all people attack where it hurts the most... the victim's inbox. It's like a Facebook war has broke out. But I must admit, I do have a Facebook account but I use it for family and friends communication purposes only along with applications to keep me entertained.

Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2010

Good for mature kids, teens and adults

Well facebook can be good and bad because you can put your settings so no one can see your profile and only your friends can see your profile, info, pics etc etc. I put this 10+ because just like I said they can set there privacy options to only friends and they will be fine. The iffy thing is that some people might swear, but it happens rarely. Kids defenetly should ask there parents before going on Facebook because each person has a different opinion about facebook and other social networking sites.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCorgi idiot September 3, 2019

i see 4th graders with facebook

read the review title....

Teen, 13 years old Written byRobloxIsBadLol June 18, 2019

Nothing much. Dangerous don’t let your kids under 16 use this without your control

Always check your kids that are they doing
Teen, 17 years old Written byNonBinaryBeauty1 May 13, 2019

Facebook is horrible.

Facebook is for old people if I could say millennials only I would and it is bad so yeah.

Teen, 14 years old Written byhihat April 13, 2019

Dangerous Data Stealing

They are tracking your data. They will sell it to shady third parties. Facebook gets into everywhere. People you have not talked to in years will show up in "people you may know." This is not safe for ANYONE. Look up the recent Mark Zuckerburg/Facebook scandal and why Facebook was facing criminal charges. It can be explained through that much better than I can.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPumpkinSpikes March 10, 2019

Just thought provoking

I don't really care about Facebook, just to pose that you can't review common sense media itself

Teen, 14 years old Written bySusie12 February 22, 2019

Facebook isnt appropire for kids under 16

Facebook is a good site. Its for kids 16 and up. The reason why is because people can send very innapropte pictures to your account. They can also ask you to meet up with people and thats not very safe.

Teen, 17 years old Written byNext_Tremity February 13, 2019

More appropriate

More appropriate. Less inappropriate.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymtcnmaddux December 14, 2018

If you use it responsibly; it's better than most social media.

Unlike most social media popular among my generation today, this system makes it hard for people to post whatever pictures and content they want which is then wiped not long after. Because Facebook came around in the last generations, parents can easily check up on their kids post, and take measures to make sure they are not making private posts to only some friends. While all non face to face contact changes human interaction, there are so many positives of it too. And lets be real, you can project yourself the way you want anytime be it face to face or over screen. Why I give it five stars is because if you live far apart from people you want to keep a long distance relationship up and going with, then this technology is perfect. It allows you to pm them and show the highlights of their lives so you can still be a small part of it :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byRaven The Teen October 2, 2018

Not for kids, Teens can TRY

I think its not really good to use for kids/teens, althogh kids CAN try it out.
There are many weirdos out there, so be careful :)

Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2018

hmm

Forget Facebook, Instagram is where it's at.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKobathepomsky July 25, 2018

Facebook

Yes good app

Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2018

GOOD FOR FAMILIES

Facebook is cool. My family uses this all the time. I recommend it to kids of any age.

Teen, 17 years old Written bynicolerasco March 23, 2018