Kid reviews for Facebook

Huge social site connects, serves ads; check settings.

Teen, 13 years old Written byilenee. February 10, 2011

not a great idea.

I think that if you let your kids have a facebook, thats great and stuff, but you also have to think about the privacy and how much time they're going to spend on the computer. my friend has a facebook, and its insane how long she spends on there. its like her life is on facebook. i HAD one i DELETED it because i was addicted, and it really wasted my time. i got BULLIED on there, and my account kept getting hacked (i didn't share my password with n e one!)

just recently, some kids at my school were bullying my other friend and making rude comments and pages that made her sad..
i don't think any child should go through that.

i really think that you should think twice before letting kids on there.

Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2011
I have Facebook - as do a lot of my friends. I understand why they have the set age of 13, but if you're 12 or even 11 for that matter, Facebook is fine! You should know the basics of online safety, though - such as not accepting friend requests from people you do not know. If you know that much, I think you can be on Facebook. But just remember: It's much easier to be mean online than in person. Don't do or say anything online you wouldn't say in person!

Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2009

You need to read this as it involves what you need to know

Safety is and not a problem. You can leash out information but as long as you keep only friends you know outside of the computer and block everyone else, it's fine. It does have an age limit of I think 14 but many people fake their age. Do not be fooled by celebritys, they are normal people pretending to be Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas. They are posers. It is rarely you will find the real person. I say its safe for 11 and over but their not even meant to have an account so I would leave it until they are old enough to have an account. Once they are older enough to have one, just leave another couple of years until you are sure the responsible enough to have an account. Keep double checking their friends and information though as you never know who they could add. Keep them under your thumbs!

Kid, 10 years old January 15, 2017

Deleted Account

I had an account but I have seen very inappropriate things on Facebook. I deleted my account when I got sent wierd messages from some stranger.
If you're willing to risk safety, Risk it, but I wouldn't recommend it considering I have the setting , show only my friends on.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBlackMagic13 July 10, 2020

Fun, but addictive

This website is fun, but can become addictive and time consuming. Also people can post pretty much whatever they want, although you can report posts, and they MIGHT remove it. People can post any language or sexual thing they want. So be careful for your kids or teens, or even yourself. Also, don't post too much info about you or anyone else.

Teen, 14 years old Written byngh98 September 4, 2011

I

i would DIE without facebook
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2011

Facebook's got Issues but it's popular

Facebook is popular to thousands of people so they can connect with friends and family, chat, play on applications, create groups and promote ads. But there are many issues regarding Facebook. Privacy and safety being one of them. Children as young as 8 are joining up to Facebook because it's got fun applications on it and they can chat to family and friends. Well it's not all fun and games. There are sexually intrigued people lurking around on Facebook pretending to be a young child when they could be an middle-aged man/woman. Also, there are sexual media being posted around Facebook contagiously like a virus which is also another problem because there are a lot of viruses on Facebook that may corrupt your computer/laptop. There's also heavy annoying ads that bother you when you don't need to be bothered, a lot of people using bad language such as f**k, s**t, c**t, b***h, b*****d, t**t, t*t, d**k, p*****t, p**** and p********e while there may be young children around, sexual behaviour such as sexual language and putting up sexual media and the main problem... violence. There's so much violence on Facebook it's unreal. People fight on applications, there's so much bullying going on between people's walls (they send nasty messages) and statuses, but most of all people attack where it hurts the most... the victim's inbox. It's like a Facebook war has broke out. But I must admit, I do have a Facebook account but I use it for family and friends communication purposes only along with applications to keep me entertained.

Kid, 10 years old March 17, 2010

Good for mature kids, teens and adults

Well facebook can be good and bad because you can put your settings so no one can see your profile and only your friends can see your profile, info, pics etc etc. I put this 10+ because just like I said they can set there privacy options to only friends and they will be fine. The iffy thing is that some people might swear, but it happens rarely. Kids defenetly should ask there parents before going on Facebook because each person has a different opinion about facebook and other social networking sites.

Kid, 8 years old September 15, 2020

no security system.

Make post app for teens. Shares location.

Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2020

Everybody stop being overprotective.

The website needs you to be at least thirteen to access the app. It's not as fun as TikTok but here you can post videos/images and even my parents have installed it. I asked my parents about what age I can have Facebook and they said thirteen, not a big deal for me.

Kid, 8 years old August 18, 2020

Fine social media app is not as good as TikTok

Facebook is TikTok but boring. The app requires you to be min. 13 years old to access the app but kids can also do it by faking their birthdate. They also ban people for no reason (???????) but I think it's a fine fit for teens.

Kid, 8 years old August 10, 2020

Just like TikTok

Ads, some bad stuff, social media it's like TikTok but older. It can share your location but in my TikTok review as I said "you may disable it".

Teen, 13 years old Written bySirSmugleaf July 2, 2020

FACEBOOK BIG BAD

Facebook is bad because nonces and cringe. Facebook is not for kids, since you have to be 14 to use it. Otherwise, if you manage to stay away from bad stuff, it might be okay.
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2020

Facebook

It's so for Adults NO KIDS ALLOWED! 14-year-old Lower or higher aren't allowed until they turn 18 or higher.

Kid, 9 years old May 11, 2020

Bad posts

What I say is that there are posts not meant for kids, and Teens

Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2020

Great!

Personally, I've never used the website, but my grandmother and my mom use it. there are a lot of politics there and they can sometimes track your information, so adjust privacy settings. Also, make your account visible to friends only, so you can be less vulnerable to bullying and other stuff. Overall, if your kid is under 18, monitor their Facebook use, and go over the community guidelines with your teen/kid. God bless you :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byB3NDYdeath April 28, 2020

Great, if Your a 45 Year Old Mom!

Teen, 14 years old Written bypastelmoonnn December 1, 2019

Bad

I have Facebook and it’s bad even if I’m 14 I have it cause family members and Facebook sometimes have inappropriate stuff on it and hackers and sometimes I get mad over ppl sending friend requests like pedos and stuff my mom got a friend request from a guy and it was creepy so we blocked them and I made my account private not really but this app is probably for teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byCorgi idiot September 3, 2019

i see 4th graders with facebook

read the review title....

Teen, 13 years old Written byRobloxIsBadLol June 18, 2019

Nothing much. Dangerous don’t let your kids under 16 use this without your control

Always check your kids that are they doing