Parent reviews for Fred Figglehorn

Love him or hate him, Fred is irreverent but mostly tame.

Adult Written byGregory Nelson July 29, 2016

Fred was a Legend

Fred was the biggest thing that hit YouTube, the biggest website.

Fred was the funniest guy on the internet, and he, played by Lucas Cruikshank, had originality, and talent, his phrase, HEY IT'S FRED!!! was the biggest, he was the first person on YouTube to get 1000000 views and subscribers, and his Fred channel was the first to do so, he was a legend.

Then after he made it to Nickelodeon and made movies and a show there, he started a friendship with girl, and things got dark,then made another video on the old channel before making a saga that therefore put Fred to an end.

Then, Lucas sold his Fred site to little kids in the name of Fred, to gain money and he spent it on a vehicle, and lost approx 5000000 subs.

Then later, Lucas broke up with the girl, and later, to this day, he has his own channel where he plays as himself and not Fred, and trust me, it's garbage compared to the Fred place.

Although he did bring Fred back for a few throwback videos, he hasn't bee n seen or heard of again, now it's just [email protected] old Lucas, who makes videos so [email protected], that even the haters of Fred will hate the new channel even more and throw tomatoes at it.

I just don't get how people hated Fred so much, he was annoying with his sped up voice right, but that was part of it, and he had originality and realistic situations, Too bad the actor had to grow up and throw his life down the drain, YouTube will never be the same again.

Parent of a 3, 3, 4, 8, 9, and 16-year-old Written bysafetymom856 March 11, 2011
Fred is smart and provides educational values. He is a good influence to everyone. Safety is NOT an issue and it has GREAT user content.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byjimbobjoey December 8, 2010
good

Parent of a 1, 2, 4, 9, 9, and 16-year-old Written byMariofan February 10, 2010

Awesome!

In one episode he said something inappropriate about an old lady. Other than that,good show.

Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 19, 2009

Cute site for most ages!

Almost no questionable content, only some menacing comments that fred makes used only for humor.

Adult Written bybomber253 October 9, 2009

Dont see what everyone else sees

Im gonna be honest, Fred is not funny at all. To say the least would be saying that he is annoying to the extreme. I was so excited when I typed in Fred in youtube and found that he died. Turns out that he didnt actually die which was disappointing. Im not one to hate easily but I think the world would be a better place without Fred.

Parent of a 17-year-old Written bylove2 September 24, 2009
Adult Written byPhilly30 September 19, 2009
Hysterical! He is just hysterical!
Adult Written byilikemusik23 September 14, 2009

Can't stand this kid

The only person that would find this funny is one who has not learned what true comedy is...
Parent of a 7 and 11-year-old Written bycrisleem September 13, 2009
I've viewed them all, and while I think they are weird, I also think they are harmless. I don't think banging a stuffed bunny against a wall is bad. Most kids are smart enough to not repeat it. It is not ok for littler kids, but even my 7 year old gets it! And the language is just fine with no bad words at all. I don't even recall hearing OMG, which I'm happy to report. The bits about his mother I don't like, but sadly real children have mothers (many actually) just like his parody. And since he apparently thinks that's not a good mother....very obvious....I think it's ok to make fun of those mothers. I think comedy can help kids see that a mother like that is NOT what we want them to be. Comedy can be a good lesson too! And it's ok to laugh even at the negative stuff in this world. It seems very apparent to my kids that "Fred" does not think this type of motherhood is 'ok.' His mother is a drunk and possible more.
Overall there's nothing wrong with it even if the voice is highly annoying! It does make you laugh.

Parent of a 17-year-old Written bygfhgnbjhmnkuij September 12, 2009

...

...

Adult Written bycubdad September 12, 2009

May encourage dangerous use of an inhalant

Fred's chipmunk voice, and the fact that he speaks only one sentence in a single breath for each cut in the video, makes me think that he is working with a large tank of helium. This is a dangerous situation that could lead to oxygen deprivation, brain injury, or death. If Fred is indeed using helium, he is taking a serious risk. Kids should be aware of the dangers of using any sort of inhalant.

Parent of a 6 and 10-year-old Written byFoghat September 11, 2009

OK for normal kids 10+

OK for normal kids. Over the top for the overly sensitive. It's funny for kids but other than that it has no positive character building or educational traits.
Adult Written byminds4christ September 11, 2009
Parent of a 5-year-old Written byanaquita September 11, 2009
I can't say it's something I'd let my kid watch by himself, but I can't say it's the worst of the worst either. I think watching it with me, to explain certain things in a context I'd prefer is alright. The way I take it is, if his mother is a alcoholic prostitute, he's going to have issues, including anger issues. He's also with his webshow, found a more appropriate way to help vent said problems, than say becoming a bully or some such. And the fact that he seems to learn from his mistakes, to me is a more positive message in and of itself.
Parent Written bylindaburkins September 11, 2009

OK for young teens and older with some supervision

Frankly, Fred is hilarious. I try to make sure I watch the videos too with my son, but relative to a lot of other content on the internet, these are pretty tame. I look at Fred as the lesser of many evils, since there are a lot of far more graphic videos on YouTube, with regard to sex, language and violence. Having a site just for Fred's videos will help keep my son away from far more obnoxious content on YouTube, which we have recently blocked.

Adult Written bycheapeats September 11, 2009
"oh my God" is not allowed at our house, therefore, neither is Fred.