Kid reviews for Girls' Life

Girls' Life Poster Image

THE BEST

Great for 10-15 year old girls

A lot of people say it's not for tweens because of dating but although 10-12 year olds probably don't have a boyfriend or girlfriend, many of them get crushes. You might say 13+ because they have articles about getting your period, but some girls get their period as early as age nine. Oh, and the quizzes are so fun. The only thing I don't like is that some of the articles talk about sex in a shameful way, implying (and sometimes actually saying) that respectful women don't have sex. There was one article talking about how it's not good to "think of yourself as a slut and be ok with that" which is slut shaming. But other than that it's a great website.

Girls life is great!

Girls life is a website where preteens and teens can get information, hear true stories, and have fun!

Everything about this is AMAZING!!!

When i was a tween this was my favorite favorite website, since it talked about problems and issues i was facing or questions i was wondering about. AND lets be honest, how many of us are willing to ask our parents these questions? ESPECIALLY when they are about our bodies and it is just downright embarrassing. But another reason i like this website, is because the issues they talk about give good advice and answers. I think that not everyone is lucky enough to have a female rolemodel/mom/sister in their lives and sometimes googling/youtubing it isn't enough. This website allows for girls of all ages to get advice from people they can trust and who have had experience with the topic. This website sends great messages on body images or having a positive attitude . They gives good advice on real girl problems and issues. They also give advice about college and facing high school. They also encourages good habits like: awesome books you should check out, writing or reading a poem, making healthy meals, and fun workouts . It has a bunch of fun quizzes, you can ask advice, send in poems, and seek out fashion tips. It is overall a fun way to spend your time and by the end of it- you probably have learned something like ways to relieve cramps or colleges that don't require taking SATs or ACTs. I honestly wish there were more websites like this one.

#Girls'Life

I think Girls' Life is a really good magazine! It provides beauty tips, health stuff,and quizzes, + giveaways (and some love cards are provided too)! I started reading Girls' Life in May at my school library, and I'm already hooked! But, there are some stuff about puberty, and if you don't want you or your child to see that,then no problem,just skip it! Also, if your too young, the magazine might be boring,but other than that, I love this!

Very Good

They talk about things that girls should know about. I like it a lot.

Sexist

I wouldn't consider myself a feminist, but this magazine and website are too sexist. It promotes all the issues that teen girls have these days: obsessed with appearances and boys and social media.

The Greatest Magazine/Website for Tween and Teen Girls!

This is way better than Teen Vogue or Seventeen or any other girls' magazine. I believe GL is truly the best one out there. There's fashion, makeup, celebrities, and other teenager-y things like every other girls' magazine. BUT there's also good advice on school, family, friends, boys, dating, and puberty. There are articles on inspiring stories about real girls. There are how-to articles on making friends, getting good grades, having a good relationship with your parents, and stuff like that. There's an Ask Carol section. Very good questions and answers. Same for Bill and Dave. It's interesting to see a guy's POV. So yeah it's good for girls 12 to 17. :)

What kids need to hear

A lot of parent reviews I have seen on this site and other places for this magazine have been very negative. They criticize it for being too graphic for Tweens. However, the content in this magazine is basically a more personalized version of health programs in schools for Tweens today. The issues it addresses are issues teens do worry about, and it answers them in an honest, helpful way that encourages responsibility and for the TEEN TO TALK TO THE PARENT/TEACHER/TRUSTED ADULT.If you believe the issues in this magazine are too graphic, you state that you refuse to believe that your child would discuss them with you, which leaves your child in the dark without reliable information from a trusted source. Wouldn't you rather your child learn about these things from you or a trusted source then the internet or a friend's older sibling the playground? This magazine is educational and a good place for children of today to learn and play in a good environment.

I Love GL!

I pick these magazines at the library and I love looking at the website. Some people say that the guy section is iffy for younger tweens (9 - 10 or 11) but I disagree. Tweens may not deal with boyfriends, but they do deal with crushes and idiot mean boys. There's also fun recipes, workouts, and quizzes to more personal things like puberty. This is a great site for teens and tweens, 10+, and I think mature 9 year olds might have fun on this sight too.