All teen and kid member reviews for Google+

Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2011

awesome sight

I <3 google there is nothing bad about it if you be carful and u can use filters
Teen, 13 years old Written byAngelPhia December 9, 2011

Don't join

Okay, so I got a Google+ because I got an invite from a friend. Don't ask me how she got on. Anyways, a few weeks after creating an account, a man I didn't even know circled (added) me. On google plus, adding people is a lot like Twitter--friendships are not mutual. He made sexually offensive comments on all of my photos. I blocked and reported him, but I'm not sure how effective that is. Don't let kids on Google plus.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySapphire-Rose March 2, 2012

O.K.

It's alright but you really have to be careful about what you look at. And if you comment on public posts, or post something public, random strangers WILL add you to their circles and start following you. I don't know why...it's kind of creepy actually.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2012

A lot like Facebook...

i had it for a little while, until i told my mom. she said i was too young, even though I did their old social nerworking site, Buzz. it's ok, but in a Hangout, anybody could do it with anybody, and see their face. Also, it's a lot like Facebook, so if you think that's not OK for kids, maybe this isn't either.
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2014

Use Same Precautions, But Overall A Good Site

I'm a twelve and a half year old girl. I truly understand why parents may not give a tween-going-on-teen's review, but please give me the benefit of the doubt. Here is what I think of Google +: 1.) Like any social media site, be sure to check in on their account, and explain to your child (ren) the importance of not sharing any personal information: phone numbers, email addresses, home address, etc. Also be aware that strangers can communicate with your child through Google + by using Google Hangouts. While chatting requires an invitation by default, set boundaries with your child and regularly moderate this if your child (ren) frequently utilize this feature. Furthermore, if strangers add your child to their 'circles' (follow them), they can see any post your child makes. However, your child can choose to make the post either public or private. Talk to them about this. 2) About communities: this is something that must watched closely. While it is usually quite appropriate (95-98% of the time), there is always that possibility of abuse. However, inappropriate communities usually require you to send an invitation to be approved. To learn more, search 'google communities'. 3) In general, there isn't a lot of swearing, as far as I could tell. Just use the same precautions, such as informing them that 99% of what they do on the internet is traceable and that once you post/comment/send something, it can't be taken back, and it will be smooth sailing. Quoting a 13 year old reviewer above me, "It's not the site that's bad, it's what you search on it." Google + has many more privacy tweaks in place, but be careful. This site is alright for 12-13 and up.
Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2011

I think it's ok

it's ok as long if your kid know whats to post and puts people they know in there circles
Teen, 14 years old Written byZaphrodite April 30, 2012

Kiddos

Kids can block people, but when people follow them, they can see whatever they post publicly. Just a little reminder might make them think twice about it.
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2012

Google +

A good website for social networking. more controlled and private than Facebook and twitter. there is some positive messages and education on current events and what is going on in other places, but it is mixed with violence, sex, language, and drinking in some comments. it is a social networking site so of course it has privacy concerns
Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan June 1, 2012

10+

OK for 10+
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2012

OK

its iffy for children of the age 10 but if you let them have gmail this should be fine. as long as your careful,i have one and the only ppl i friend are my ACTUAL friends and family
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2012

Google+

Well, I've had a Google+ account since last year, and to tell the truth, there isn't much kids can do unless they have a bunch of friends on Google+ too. You can't really talk to others unless they're in one of your circles.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 January 7, 2012

It's a search site...What'd you expect?

It's not the site itself that's bad, it's what you look up on it (which is basically EVERYTHING!) I wouldn't trust a 6 year-old little on it. I mean, he could look up Barney chopping someone's head off if he wanted to. It's a search site. It does have "safe search", but when I put it on strict, bad pics came up. I think it's supposed to do the opposite (at least make it safer). I would suggest a parent going on it with a little kid. Ok for teens and tweens (if trustworthy, but you still need to be VERY careful about what you look up). They do have some nasty pics sometimes, even if it's something simple. BE CAREFUL
Teen, 13 years old Written bybailey.pappas August 18, 2011

There is NOTHING bad about GOOGLE+!
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014

Like Facebook

Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2013

My take on Google +

Google plus can be perfectly safe depending on how used. When you attempt to create a "status update" you are able to choose who can view it from your circles, extended circles, and public (you can select all of the applying), making things safer. If the adult in the situation at lest has a Gmail account he or she can access the child's account from an outsider's view and can access even deeper content when in connection with a child's circle. Google plus takes hashtags from twitter and status updates and chatbox from facebook over all creating a fun, safe site.
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2016

Yeah...

This website rocks!
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2016

It's OK

I'm new on Google+. I do hair stuff, so I only see hair related things. DO NOT search stuff in the Google search bar. Unless you know the exact person you're searching for.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygabemtz14 December 30, 2015
Kid, 10 years old October 27, 2015

Awesome and totally safe

I think its fine too use. You can share privatley or private videos,pics ect. And its a fun way for kids to explore the internet safely. Just moniter your child once or twice a week and dont let them put people in there circles they dont really know including movie star or any star because there are lots of fakes out there.
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2015

I really do not know why this is too innappropriate

My friends are also in Google+ so I circled them. They, at first, began to share their messages with me, but slowly, they joined communities and chat with teens and adults. My friend had her face in her profile pic, so the public can see her face. My friends begun to +1 and reshare photos and stuff from their communities, which irritatingly ended up in my home page. Some photos had a little violence or gore which made me break in a cold sweat. I also seen some photos which had some nudity. My friends shared with me some irritating posts like those "if you found this, reshare to 3 communites or else..." type. However, Google+ lets me decide which personal information I want to share with my circles. I can share my birthday with, for example, in my circles so I have some privacy. I also can easily share links and youtube videos with them. Conclusion- Iffy for ages 11 and under