Parent reviews for Happy Tree Friends

Gory, ultra-violent, cynical, black-humored site.

Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008

This site is Disgusting...and Sucker Punches Unsuspecting parents

Happy Tree Friends sounds so benign...so fun and innocent. Well it's not. The Common Sense review is completely accurate...this is dark and gory cartoon violence - sort of a disaffected punk mentality - And parents need to be on notice if their kids are spending any significant amount of time on this site. The message Boards reveal how young many of the users are, and the incessant advertisements make it clear that there are a number of media companies who are happy to make a buck off this stuff. As for the creators, it's a shame that Mondo Media and Atom Films have stooped to this level and invested so much in producing and distributing this garbage. This site is not funny...Indeed, it is quite scary on many levels...It's the type of site that a Dylan Klebold or an Eric Harris would have thought was funny. Buyers and Parents Beware.
Adult Written byBlue-Bunny November 20, 2011

Horrible, unfunny, and overrated...

This is considered humor nowadays? What has this world come to? I don't see anything, but a bunch of cute little animals killing and slaughtering each other. That's funny? Is this truly the purpose of this show? I can go on and on, but basically, skip this overrated hunk of junk and go watch grass grow. It's much more productive.

Adult Written byRexxTheBeast March 9, 2019

Great show! PG 13 i recommend

This show is great! I use to watch it when i was about 12. Its is violent, but come one how many cartoons were violent when you were growing up when you really break it down look at loonie toons. Tnt blowing the coyote up, Elmer Fudd trying to kill bugsbunny all the time. If u dont like violence stay away and dont criticize there are warnings in the show itself that says not for kids or big babies. And if I had a kid I'd rather my kid watch this show then get up to the stuff the kids are getting up to nowadays behind parents back. So no need to bash the show if ur not ok with violence. Ive watched this show many times and i turned out quite fine.

Adult Written byUhhhJayDuh October 29, 2015

Bruh

I love this show. Like absolutely love it. Yes I see where people are coming from with how it's gory and such and their kids watching it, being completely horrified like "Omg Timmy what are you watching?!?!?!?" And so on and so forth. It's not for kids. Clear as day. Not for kids at all. Not even their little heart shaped noses and just being cute animals of the forest. But yeah. Love it. Not for kids though.
Parent of a 2-year-old Written byNK17 February 22, 2013

X rated but sometimes funny

This site is actually very educational for the "this wouldn't ever happen to me" kind of persona, it is supposed to be R for nonstop graphic, bloody animated violence and brief strong language, Violence 5/5-- this show is definitely centered on deaths, decapitation, dismemberment and disembowelments, Flippy the war veteran, whenever reminded of the war will become a savage beast and torture other characters... sex 1/5-- occasionally characters will fall in love, once lumpy's pants fall off and in one instance cuddles and giggles kiss, either of this could be put in a kids show... profanity 3/5 it's hard to understand due to the way they speak but "bas---d" "f---" and "c--k" are used, one instance of "toodaloo mother-----r
Consumerism 3/5 lots of ads, Alcohol use 0/5 DESPITE ITS CUTE TITLE IT IS FOR OLDER TEENS ONLY but I don't get by people rip on this but everyone LOVES, saw, FT13, scream and American psycho live action R and NC17 movies, however the only animation more violent is death note and possibly superjail

Parent of a 4 and 9-year-old Written byconnielove93 March 9, 2010

Cute Animals, Cynical Stories

I like this website myself but I would never let my young kids watch their videos. Happy Tree Friends may look cute on the outside but if you fully watch one of their videos you will know that these videos are only suitable for teens. It's very violent and cynical. The plot is just about cute animals who end up dying in unrealistic ways, like Final Destination. If your kid can handle Final Destination they can handle this.

Adult Written byangellikes July 11, 2020

Dark, gory cartoon is okay...

Happy Tree Friends is fine...if you're a adult. I have 2 childern that found this show on their recommended on the personalized YouTube who are also very young; when they saw this, they were terrified. And they were for a couple of days where I had to sleep in their room for a while. If you decide to show this to your kids for a watch together, just make sure to skip the violence. However, when I was a teenager, this cartoon was amazing for me. It glorified violence and death in gruesome ways I never saw before. When I had kids, however, I couldn't keep my love of this show around my kids.

Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byjordanjellybean214 November 24, 2018

Happy Tree Friends is the best, in my opinion.

I only love the series itself, not because of the blood and gory violence. It's because of the characters and popularity as well.
Adult Written byToothy B. November 11, 2018

Why does my little 2 - 4 yr olds watch this?

My little kids have a iPad they do whatever they want they found this on their recommended and clicked on it I didn’t mind I thought if was for kids until violence I was feeling weird how? Now they are addicted now it’s 2018 it happened on 2011 they draw this at school in 6th grade my 2 yr old is in 4th they draw bloody animals they have good art but in school it not good my boys are fine but they are into it. When we go to Ross, target, dds, Walmart, toys r us, tjmaxx, homegoods and Marshall’s they tell everyone about it they yell the name loud and sing the theme song. This show is great but messed with my children a little I don’t really care if they watch it but kind of bad. Party animal pt 1 maybe is not bad but it might show you the pt 2 there’s bad violence!

Adult Written bycarold2 May 24, 2015

this is bad

My grandbaby thought this was a happy sharing and counting show... but she could not go to sleep this is terrible they should change the cover and make it look like something a 17 yr. Old would watch parents don't let your kids watch this if there 17 and under
Parent of a 17-year-old Written byhorror-lover-bl... April 5, 2011

Sick and dark humored website not okay for ANYONE!

HATE IT, SICKEST WEBSITE ON THE WEB! Not appropriate for any age! Cute little animals get there guts pulled out, gore is everywhere, very graphicly shown!

Adult Written byOi oi oi July 14, 2020

Disturbing for children

DON'T LET KIDS WATCH THIS PLEASE MY LITTLE BROTHER IS TRAUMATIZED AND HAS BEEN HAVING NIGHTMARES FOR MONTHS

Adult Written bycritic sense November 22, 2012

Recommended Rating: 16+ for very graphic and sadistic animated violence, gore and very disturbing scenes

A warning to all parents: This is a flash cartoon that's masqueraded and marketed as a child-friendly cartoon, however all that it does is glorify violence and torture in grotesque and disgusting ways. Every episode features characters being killed or tortured in highly exaggerated ways. The violence is very graphic, sadistic and often gory. The accompanying joyful music, cute characters and a seemingly kid-friendly atmosphere make the violent parts all the more disturbing and stomach-churning for even adult viewers. Although this is all animation it's not recommended for kids at all or any sensitive viewers.

Parent of a 5, 10, and 13-year-old Written byBigMamma October 14, 2010

Iffy for 13 and up

there is absolutly NOO positive messages

Privacy & Safety
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 11, 13, and 13-year-old Written byPrettyNasty March 20, 2010
This is nasty! I got disgusted watching the video (please excuse my ignorance) with the squirell and the lightbulb.

Parent of a 11 and 13-year-old Written byfaith4429534 December 22, 2008

very gross!

very bloody not funny how can people like this it sick and wrong i saw it gross im 10 and i think it wrong i am never going to that site in my life nobody can see that!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byflippybg April 9, 2021

Става за 11+

Според мен става и за 11+ защото аз не ше плаша токова много.Аз съм на 11 години и харесвам това шоу но понякога ми се струва че малко са прекалили с кръвта и хвърчащите глави.
И то даже си пише че е за 18+ ама аз не ги чета тези неща и направо гледам.И не ме е толкова много страх.
Иначе само не ми харесва че вие
Mondo Media ще качили малко видеа на happy tree friends а другото е че има малко епизоди на flippy-fliqpy а това не ми харесва моля ви да направите още видеа на Happy tree friends и да има и видеа с flippy ако може го направете.Иначв съм единствения българин фен на happy tree friends. Моля качете нови видеа на happy tree friends!!!
Adult Written byspamimatic March 12, 2021

recommended for old teenagers

Adult Written byLMinnett January 4, 2021

Dark, gruesome pure evil

My 6 year old son accidentally saw 30 seconds and was moved to tears. He couldn’t fall asleep for hours afterwards.
How is mutilation like that of any creature even ok to watch for anyone, let alone “funny”.
It’s nothing like Looney Tunes.
It’s frustrating too that it has a cute name because it’s very easy to accidentally stumble upon on YouTube.
Filthy minds created this disturbing show.

Adult Written byKazmas November 12, 2020

i watched it with my dead dog

my dead dog likey