All parent member reviews for Happy Tree Friends

Adult Written bySFDad April 9, 2008

This site is Disgusting...and Sucker Punches Unsuspecting parents

Happy Tree Friends sounds so benign...so fun and innocent. Well it's not. The Common Sense review is completely accurate...this is dark and gory cartoon violence - sort of a disaffected punk mentality - And parents need to be on notice if their kids are spending any significant amount of time on this site. The message Boards reveal how young many of the users are, and the incessant advertisements make it clear that there are a number of media companies who are happy to make a buck off this stuff. As for the creators, it's a shame that Mondo Media and Atom Films have stooped to this level and invested so much in producing and distributing this garbage. This site is not funny...Indeed, it is quite scary on many levels...It's the type of site that a Dylan Klebold or an Eric Harris would have thought was funny. Buyers and Parents Beware.
Parent Written byResponsablePArentOf6 September 12, 2012

LEARNING

This isn't violent at all...

My sons always scream in excitement when they watch Happy Tree Friends. This is a great show for all ages.
Parent Written byGoodParenting October 14, 2011

I'm Overprotective and I let my kids watch this!

This is very fine for any age! Kids allowed!
Parent Written byWade RTMS May 10, 2013

Happy Tree Friends review

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THIS?! Cartoon blood isn't very scary because you can tell it's fake. Real blood on the other hand... and I mean lot's of real/ realistic blood. I love animals and all, so lucky for me I know these cute critters aren't real. I agree with HTF mime, GROW UP! There are 4th graders that watch this and aren't scared! I bet a bunch of you who say they hate it but secretly enjoys it, because last time I checked, HTF is popular. If they could just lower the blood and gore just a little it would be better. Basically, every episode of "Happy Tree Friends" consists of cute, cuddly cartoon animals being torn to bits. And... that's it. That's every single episode. There is no attempt at story, or anything else, for that matter. Every single episode consists of cartoon animal gore and nothing else. Happy Tree Friends (HTF) is a great show. It may contain alot of gore and blood but its no worry, because its all fake blood. WARNING: Some viewers may not like the show because of violence. Viewers Discretion is Advised. My final conclusion is that this is a great show because when I need a laugh then I could get a laugh and also if there was anything wrong with the show it said “Viewers Discretion is Advised” so it already warned you. The final decision is... This is the best show I ever watched.
Adult Written bychipetteeleanor16 February 15, 2013

Good show

This show is funny and the characters are cute. Kids over the age of 10 are mature enough to watch it(Depend how they act). I don't understand why people hate it? I mean; first it can show you that some things in life can be dangerous so it show you how to be careful, 2nd; some of these deaths are IMPOSSIBLE. And people who doesn't like and said bad things about, like: *Don't watch it I throw up* or *Animal getting killed is horrible* Well I must tell you that they are NOT real animals. seriously, did you ever saw a pink chipmunk, purple skunk, green bear in your life? No, so I'm not saying that you should love it, but geez grow up a little. Some people hunt/killed animal almost everyday for food but you don't say anything about that. Also, I love animals myself but I know that they are not real ones.
Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Very cute site, CARTOON BLOOD ISN'T SCARY FOR ANYONE I KNOW! even kids

Parent of a 17 year old Written byhorror-lover-bl... April 5, 2011

Sick and dark humored website not okay for ANYONE!

HATE IT, SICKEST WEBSITE ON THE WEB! Not appropriate for any age! Cute little animals get there guts pulled out, gore is everywhere, very graphicly shown!
Adult Written bytehcakeisalie May 11, 2010

woot

eh, not as bad as documenting reality.com
Parent Written byClamshot February 26, 2012

HORRIBLE AND BLOODY.

This show is a violent, bloody, show. It has a spin-off "Ka-Pow!" and a TV series and internet series. They look cute and cuddly-the episodes' names sound good, but I do not accept this. Some episodes may not have gore, but some TV episodes do have a little language in them (usually only once in one episode, but used 5 times).
Parent of a 5, 10, and 13 year old Written byBigMamma October 14, 2010

Iffy for 13 and up

there is absolutly NOO positive messages
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 11, 13, and 13 year old Written byPrettyNasty March 20, 2010

This is nasty! I got disgusted watching the video (please excuse my ignorance) with the squirell and the lightbulb.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byNK17 February 22, 2013

LEARNING

X rated but sometimes funny

This site is actually very educational for the "this wouldn't ever happen to me" kind of persona, it is supposed to be R for nonstop graphic, bloody animated violence and brief strong language, Violence 5/5-- this show is definitely centered on deaths, decapitation, dismemberment and disembowelments, Flippy the war veteran, whenever reminded of the war will become a savage beast and torture other characters... sex 1/5-- occasionally characters will fall in love, once lumpy's pants fall off and in one instance cuddles and giggles kiss, either of this could be put in a kids show... profanity 3/5 it's hard to understand due to the way they speak but "bas---d" "f---" and "c--k" are used, one instance of "toodaloo mother-----r Consumerism 3/5 lots of ads, Alcohol use 0/5 DESPITE ITS CUTE TITLE IT IS FOR OLDER TEENS ONLY but I don't get by people rip on this but everyone LOVES, saw, FT13, scream and American psycho live action R and NC17 movies, however the only animation more violent is death note and possibly superjail
Adult Written bycritic sense November 22, 2012

Recommended Rating: 16+ for very graphic and sadistic animated violence, gore and very disturbing scenes

A warning to all parents: This is a flash cartoon that's masqueraded and marketed as a child-friendly cartoon, however all that it does is glorify violence and torture in grotesque and disgusting ways. Every episode features characters being killed or tortured in highly exaggerated ways. The violence is very graphic, sadistic and often gory. The accompanying joyful music, cute characters and a seemingly kid-friendly atmosphere make the violent parts all the more disturbing and stomach-churning for even adult viewers. Although this is all animation it's not recommended for kids at all or any sensitive viewers.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 10, 2012

happy tree friends

Families can talk about violence in cartoons. How do you feel about seeing cartoon characters maimed, tortured, or killed? Do you think if animated characters are the object of violent acts, it's more acceptable than in live-action movies or shows?
Adult Written byBlue-Bunny November 20, 2011

Horrible, unfunny, and overrated...

This is considered humor nowadays? What has this world come to? I don't see anything, but a bunch of cute little animals killing and slaughtering each other. That's funny? Is this truly the purpose of this show? I can go on and on, but basically, skip this overrated hunk of junk and go watch grass grow. It's much more productive.
Parent of a 9, 10, and 10 year old Written by10101010 October 14, 2010

off kids 14 and under

it has no positive message
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 March 9, 2010

Cute Animals, Cynical Stories

I like this website myself but I would never let my young kids watch their videos. Happy Tree Friends may look cute on the outside but if you fully watch one of their videos you will know that these videos are only suitable for teens. It's very violent and cynical. The plot is just about cute animals who end up dying in unrealistic ways, like Final Destination. If your kid can handle Final Destination they can handle this.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byRhoswen August 12, 2009

Far too violent

I saw a message on another reveiw saying this was recommended by someone for 9 year olds and i was stunned. I came across this site accidently a couple of years ago and it's absolutely horrible!
Adult Written byWilly Cornelli Carla May 3, 2015

Parent of an infant, infant, infant, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 11, 11, 12, 13, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old Written bynicoleandmeatwadss February 9, 2015

bad

violence and gore a lot of times nasty but I think this show is recommended for ages 14+