Parent reviews for iCivics

Engaging games give kids safe, smart civics lessons.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byRunesong October 14, 2012

Fantastic site for fun & education

My daughter & her friends can't stop raving about this site which I introduced to them on Constitution Day! Many games & many topics to choose from. Manage a team of constitutional lawyers or support your side of a real Supreme Court case with relevant arguments. The more you play, the more you learn & the more points you earn. Best of all, the site lets kids spend their earned points on community service projects they care about from around the country. It's refreshing to see a site for kids that was actually designed with the kids' best interests, including privacy, in mind. Someone really got this one right, on all counts!

Privacy & safety
Educator Written byParentingTwinsAndMor March 14, 2013

High Schoolers and Homeschoolers Love it too!

My kids are in high school and really enjoy this game. I introduced it to them for homeschooling during the election last November to use for 2 weeks. But... they absolutely LOVED it so much, they still use it without me asking. In fact my eldest is doing her official government curriculum and she feels better about what she is learning because she was familiar with the concepts from iCivics. A winner!
Adult Written bybrennanh March 5, 2016

18 and still love it

I first played on iCivics in history class in Jr. High. I still play it as a senior in high school and still learn a lot and have fun. Executive command and win the White House are great games

Educator and Parent Written byErick Khaile Zent October 10, 2014

Kids

It is great , Its not inappropriate i actually recommend you as a professional to tell your child or friends to try this website out

Adult Written byPat C. August 20, 2017

Disappointed teacher

I used iCivics for a semester for my 9-11 yo class at a homeschool resource center. I liked the organization. It gave me a bit of a jumping off point when I was organizing a new class. But it was too shallow and not challenging enough for my students. It didn't engage them or light their fires. They were bored, even with the games. I phased it out in favor of other materials. Good starting point. But ultimately not satisfying.