Kid reviews for iCivics

Engaging games give kids safe, smart civics lessons.

Kid, 10 years old November 28, 2013

Read Me

Hi.
This website is amazing! There are so much things to do on this website.
The cirriculum is from being the president for a day, (Executive Command) to helping a fairy lead others to their new home in America. (Immegration Nation) I was once reading about this website and I discovered that it was founded by none other than Sandra Day O Connor.
Another cool thing is after a game the number of points you earned is transformed into "Impact" points. "Impact" points are used to support charities from helping hand in Africa(Water for Africa) to helping kids in times of need. (Kids Companion).

If you are a teacher,student or just a supporter use Icivics today!

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoonstar2024 October 20, 2017

A great way to learn about how our government works

I love this website and think it's a fun way to learn how our government works.

Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2017

I had an inkling I was interested in civics, but after iCivics I was sure!

I visited this site after seeing it on a CSM website list, and it has rightfully earned its place. I think this is a great resource for educators, because it relays complicated concepts in simple and fun ways, as well as providing an entire section dedicated to lesson plans. My only warning is that some of the games are highly addictive but informative so I don't think many would mind. Games include Win the White house, which teaches players about the process of campaigning, and Executive Command, about making tough choices concerning the country as president.
But the piece de resistance is the 'Impact Points'. You play games, you win this virtual currency, and you invest in local movements that matter to you. Every three months, movements with the most impact points are chosen to receive a donation of $1,000 dollars.
In conclusion, this is a great website for academic purposes as well as for kids who are expressing an interest in civics/politics.

Teen, 14 years old Written byvasirak23 March 7, 2017

Horrible game

The game "argument wars" has one argument about segregated schools. I played saying that it was a horrible idea for there to be different schools for blacks and whites. The name I was representing (the game made this name) was "brown". That is so disgustingly racist. After that, I played the game and when i objected to my opponent saying that if other things were segregated that schools should be too, I was silenced. That makes me want to SCREAM. The opponent had the stupidest ideas and anyone who would agree with him is a horrible human being. Don't play "argument wars" or you will be teaching your kids how to be racist.

Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2016

Amazingly Fun!

Civics isn't my strong suit. iCivics gives me the LOVE of Civics! I love it SO SO SO much!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byMariosonicfan7654321 November 24, 2012

Educational

Has games that help kids learn social studies skills and how our government works.