Parent reviews for IMVU

IMVU Poster Image

Stop being moronic

This is definitely not meant for kids or anyone under at least 18. If you're a parent,it's called common sense,know what your kids are on. I myself have an account and the things said are uncensored and very adult. Want a kid friendly game? Try avakin life,not imvu!! Maybe google how IMVU first started,this was never meant for kids or teens,no matter what rating it's given!! Wake up a stop throwing technology at your children too make up for a lack of parenting skills and knowledge.

Worst support i ever seen

Not safe for kids, not even teens.

When you have a virtual reality game like this that caters anonymity to its users it's already a huge red flag. What's there to prevent some dick head to sign up & lie about their age to lure/manipulate those young, naive groups of kids? As a father of two (youngest being 9, oldest being 13), I've already blacklisted this app from their phones and I'd recommend you do the same. This app is not safe since it's virtually easy for anyone to lie about their ages and create a fake persona. The fact that it's still up and alive and not featured in any MTV Catfish show is very concerning.

IMVU honest overall rating

Honestly I believe that IMVU is a very toxic game aiming on brainwashing kids and adults into desires and fantasies because when you focus on the deep side of IMVU it is not to communicate and make friends most the the maps, chats, people and statistic basis of IMVU and the way it was built is to target people into wasting their time and spending their hours and lives on the game and investing self into desiring, all respects to everyone much love but it's just my honest point of view, thank you

Customer Betrayal

Do not let your kids play this game. After years of playing this game, I had an issue with my account. I couldn't log-in, email and password didn't work. What does IMVU customer support do? They permanently disable an account that I've put work in to, told me there's nothing they can do, and didn't give me a resolution of any kind. I spent money on this game, and they didn't even give me a chance at recovering my information or my account. Do not let your kids buy this game. They are only after your money, and will not help you when the going gets tough.

Massive amounts of Child Pradators

https : // www.youtube.com / watch?v=0QifT6-7du8 Proof, also YouTube is part of the pedo problem. Don't let your kids use it without supervision.

Upsetting for parents

My child whom is 16 has an account on IMVU under one condition. Her real name cannot be placed on the account, my daughter is allowed access to a debit card that I set up in my name to use as she pleases, my daughter works very hard for the money so I don’t ask where she spends it. I closely monitor her social media account and she always comes to me before purchasing anything over 20$, here recently my daughter has been very interested in this game. But after having it for almost a full year they put her account on hold for suspicious activity. We placed in a case and I gave them my card and my ID information as asked. They denied my request and suggested we call the help number, I did and they simply told me to send in a clear photo of my ID and card, I informed them I already did and they still have yet to take my child’s account off hold, I’m not sure how to fix this and have already allowed her to spend as much as she pleased on building this account. I’m not pleased with IMVU asking for information and still denying my help request.

IMVU are crimianals who belong in jail.

This is a sleezy hotbed of lies and exploitation, do not let yourself or your children anywhere near it. You can do adult things without even verifying your age for example, and yes this seems to be largely targeted towards children. Beyond this they are thieves, they will never refund your money (even when you are protected by law, as I am) and they can hardly even be bothered to send you an automated message. They need to be destroyed, and the people who back them (Menlo Ventures, AllegisCyber Capital, Bridgescale Partners, and Best Buy Capital) punished. I will personally boycott all of them, and I would encourage anyone else with a shred of self respect to do the same.