Kid reviews for Khan Academy

Excellent tutorials on math, humanities, and more, for free.

Teen, 14 years old Written by00f August 14, 2019

TRY YOUR BEST TO SURVIVE THIS CRAP

KHAN ACADEMY SUCKS!!! NO ONE IN THE WORLD LIKES IT.I HIGHLY DISAGREE THAT THIS IS A GOOD WEBSITE. IF YOU FAIL ONE QUESTION ITS OVER. YOU HAVE TO RESTART.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystraitaz123 September 11, 2014

Horrible Experience

I went on to practice some geometry and trigonometry, and I watched the video. I thought I got what he was saying, but when I took the test, what was on it was totally irrelevant to what the guy said. Really disapointed. I'm going to have to use another site.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymacandchese February 25, 2020

It stinks

It is boring and your kid will fall a sleep. My teacher even said I know you guys hate it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheNewBandit November 10, 2015

This website is rubbish.

I say ages 10 and up, because Khan's style doesn't work for an age group any younger than that, but in all honesty, I don't recommend this website at all. Honestly, I don't understand why it's so popular. I suppose I like the style of the newer videos-- it's still on a pad but it's neat, organized, and appealing. But some of the older videos are still used, and these are a lot uglier with poor resolution, and you can just tell that they're aged compared to the new videos they're mixed in with. Here's an example of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlB0x9W-qBU (newer video) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WS1sG9fhOk (older video). As a student in physics, I was looking forward to using Khan for physics, until I saw that it was incomplete (nothing on modern physics) and used a lot of old videos. Khan should really replace these old videos and work towards completing subjects. Khan Academy is advertised as this universal learning tool, but it's really not. It's not just physics, either. I looked around the website, and figured out he does this with a lot of subjects, like pre-calculus (which I'm taking next year). It's just annoying. There are also quizzes, and the videos corresponding to the quizzes are sometimes irrelevant to the skills practiced in the quizzes. It's very frustrating. I am impressed by the coding lessons, but Codecademy and other sites teach it better, and with so many other turn-offs on this website, it's hard to approach that. It's too bad that Khan Academy isn't everything it could be. I definitely would not recommend this as a learning tool. It' s garbage and an utter disappointment.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAnon_01 March 14, 2017

It did nothing for me

The only thing Khan Academy did was bring my grade down. In my algebra class we started Khan closer to the end of the year and since then my grade has fallen way too far. It might work for others but not me.. My grade went from a 97% to an average of 68-70% I would not recommend this personally however it might work for you
Teen, 15 years old Written bywolfygirl2020 November 3, 2015

does not help

I'm a student and I'm being forced to use Kahn academy but it makes it more stressful learning because your teacher teaches it one way and Kahn academy says its wrong. Also, I have been using the website for 2 years and it still does not help me study or review subjects.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKhanbad May 11, 2020

Doesnt explain anything

I strongly dislike this because it does not explain anything and I think there are better ways to go about learning math
Teen, 14 years old Written byFeon April 8, 2020

Khan Academy is rubbish.

It's so boring. You have to be of a HIGH intelligence level to even understand what he's saying in the videos AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE ACTUAL PROBLEMS!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrandom person1 August 28, 2019

ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED

My mother made me do these khan assignments and it absolutely makes me rage because first of all some of the answers to the questions are wrong and sometimes if you want to get a perfect score on each of these classes and you get one wrong you have to skip each questions WHICH CAN BE ANNOYING AS HECK!!! So unless you want to experience anger more often DON'T USE THIS SITE.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMani1 May 26, 2020

Stop Recommending Khan Academy !!

It's often recommended by teachers and adults, but these individuals have never actually tried to learn from Khan. It is not good for the following reasons:
1a) The videos are sloppy and poorly explained - quantity over quality.
1b) The concepts are explained so poorly that even with prior knowledge, I would not use this website for reviewing subjects.
2) The videos rarely match the difficulty or material in practice problems.
3) The material almost always conflicts with other teachers or other methods of learning in the online medium.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKhanistrash May 9, 2020

Khan is the worst thing ever made by man kind

I think it is thrash and a waste of time all it does is give you questions you should not be getting and when you are about to finish a quiz pulls you out of it and erases your progress it is a piece of garbage I would never recommend it
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2020

I do not like this site

This is ridiculous. When I am confused with a question, there is a option "skip for now". When I click it I go to the next question. When I finish they do not ask me that question. GONE!!! They want me to get a lower grade/do it all over again over one question!!!!!! There was also a weird question about people with their toenails!!! Also, when I get a question wrong my grade drops!!!! The guys does not explain well also!!! This website should be banned from schools and be blocked. That is why it is free and it is easier to find a video on you tube or ask your teacher or parent. He also makes tons of mistakes like "Sal meant something else" He should practice before doing and it looks like he is rushing and does not care.

Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2020

A bad website

I don't usually give BAD reviews but for this website, it needed one. Khan Academy is a bad way for online homework. This website is a way to make kids of all ages HATE math. This website explains how to do the different math quizzes, if you mess up once they don't give you a second chance on that problem. This website explains well in the videos and explains most of the content. The good thing is that sometimes the quizzes suddenly make you understand. Other times I get so angry. I don't suggest using this website for kids. Maybe when they are older in college but not in elementary.
Kid, 12 years old December 10, 2019

Bad! Won't consider!

Khan Academy tells you fake information. I hope that you guys read this. Christopher Columbus wasn't the first person to say that the world was round. Please, If you want to consider Khan Academy, DON'T! I would give this a big fat zero if I could!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycactuskid June 15, 2020

Khan academy is trash

It is almost impossible to move on quickly. If you get one mistake or some you can just level down so much faster than leveling up :(
Don't even try. It's annoying
Teen, 13 years old Written bysub2pewd5 September 30, 2019

It so fricking hard

I think it could use common sense on questions that are right are teacher forces us to go to a website that made me almost punch a hole through the screen, I SUGGEST YOU DO NOT GET THIS APP AND COST YOUR KIDS MONEYY!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCatchat.22 June 4, 2016

It has its Flaws

I would definitely recommend this website. It has personally helped me. Although people learn at different rates. The instructor is very clear. I would definitely tell you to use it for MATH, but not for SCIENCE because in the science course , it gets a little extreme. Otherwise, I say go for it!! ;)

Kid, 11 years old July 22, 2020

Why does this site exist?

I personally think this website should be deleted and forgotten forever.
When you just get one question wrong, you have to restart the entire thing.
I was doing a question, and it said "which of these dots are above the line", and clicked the dots above the line. I got it wrong, as it wanted me to do the dots under the line, which proves how bad this site is.
All of the tools in this website are clunky and useless. The video player is awful. Pressing the spacebar to pause the video sometimes kicks you out of the video player altogether.

The only good part of the website are the actual videos. You can actually take notes, if you go on the video on YouTube.

I think the people who made this website should go back to school themselves and learn how to build a working site.

Teen, 16 years old Written byrotaryking July 4, 2020

Website quality is trash.

Almost all of the tests/review questions require you to finish the entire thing, even if you get one thing wrong. You also have to restart this process every single time this happens to achieve mastery. To make matters worse, some correct answers are counted as incorrect. Brother has punched a hole in a monitor because of these problems and absolutely hates it.
A few videos fail to explain or overexplain topics, and it makes some topics difficult to understand.
Also, video player is clunky and often fails to allow keyboard controls, and sometimes kicks you out of the video when you try to use them.
OK videos, bad website quality. Avoid using the site, and just stick to a few of the YouTube videos if you need help with a subject.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKhan Academy Is... June 29, 2020

Khan Academy Is Terrible

Hey don't underestimate me just because I'm not an adult. I take all honors classes, have been to multiple schools across the world, and used many virtual education sites. I gotta say Khan Academy is really bad. I literally made an account just to say this one thing. They ONLY teach you with videos, which the instructors are terrible at making. They just do a bunch of problems. They never clearly state the main topic you're learning, rather they have you try to interpret their mess themselves. For example, if they try to teach you pythagorean theorem, they never really tell you "The theorem is A squared plus B squared = C squared!" Instead they just do a bunch of problems, mentioning part of theorem in a quick whisper and then never stating or explaining it again. I once watched another Khan Academy video that was a gigantic mess. Usually the video makers for Khan use digital drawing tools to demonstrate the problem. In that one video, it was a literal mess of lines. Lines stacked on top of other lines that are intersecting more lines which are covering another line. All drawn in random colors, making it look like a toddler trying art for the first time. I was shocked by how irrelevant and useless they could be.The students in the comments had a much better method for that topic. Using Khan's messy drawing method, I got zeroes everytime because they just want you to draw and guess precise mathematical measures. Using the student's methods which actually had reasoning and math to it, I aced the topic. If you look at the comments in EVERY video, you can see the frustration and confusion of the commenters. Luckily there are experienced students replying to them, doing a much better job than the "professional teachers." I haven't seen a single "Good job!" or "I totally get it!" comment in any vid. All of them are like "I don't get it. Can someone explain?" or "Hey we didn't even learn that thing so how are we supposed to learn the main topic?" or "What does word mean?" Khan academy is a mess. It'll make you suffer. It'll make you feel like you're terrible when actually, the topic is extremely simple and you're very capable of understanding it. Don't use these trash sites.