Kid reviews for Marapets

Marapets Poster Image

this game is really safe

this game is really safe kids under 12 cant even edit their profiles

The sites fine but the founder is a racist [REDACTED}

So i had maratalk which cost 100,000 marapoints and i didn't get my money back after i was banned. And in a maratalk disagreement ian used a photoshopped picture of a blog that wasnt me cause i never blogged and so yeah i still play but like the founders a [REDACTED]

It's actually really good!

I like this game cause you can take care of a virtuual pet allot like neo pets

Disgusting.

This entire website is basically a malware breeding ground. The website managers do not make even the slightest attempt at security, and the website is riddled with hackers. People can get around the chat restrictions and swear in the chat. The fairies are, overall, a not-very-good role model, especially for CHILDREN. There's a decapitating fairy, which young children might find disturbing, there's a trash fairy, and there's a weird, undead fairy that children would have nightmares about. Developers don't care about what you have to say, they just ban you. I had a friend who used to play, got banned, and the devs just didn't listen. The site seems to be run by a handful of incompetent, uneducated, unqualified idiots who don't care about the players' experience. Don't bother with this awful website.

l love this game! is so cute! but is not for Kids this game.

It’s ok

The game is simple enough, it’s very similar to Neopets, because you get to take care of a virtual pet there too, just like Marapets, but there’s a lot of differences to Marapets than Neopets too. It’s pretty fun for me. I gave this the rating that I did because there is a lot of errors in the game and it doesn’t feel “complete,” since there’s a lot of spelling errors and not every pet can access every costume and some of the locations haven’t opened yet, and there’s a lot of stuff that you would expect there to be open in 10+ years, but it isn’t. And it’s been like this for a very long time. Marapets is very strict on having one account per member, so much so that people who have other reasons to have more accounts playing on one singular device have to notify the staff in their profile so they don’t get banned. Honestly, having the policy one account per member is perfectly fine, but I don’t think you should be as strict as Marapets is being. There’s also been people saying that the staff are very rude to others and don’t even apologize for what they have done wrong. Honestly I don’t see that, but I haven’t talked with the admins before. But I have avoided using a support ticket because of the staff’s reputation (luckily they weren’t mean to me when I did end up using one). Overall, it’s a pretty decent game that I enjoy, but there are a lot of flaws that I wish to be fixed in the near future.

Actually it's cool!

I actually think Marapets is cool! The graphic design of the website is great! The moderation team actually does their job, unlike OTHER games *cough* ROBLOX *cough*. The creator Ian, is nice actually. Unlike in the other reviews I've seen, Ian isn't greedy because the website doesn't do giveaways anymore. I honestly just don't see any sponsorships. My original account was created in 2011, great game then. I've lost the password and so I made a new account June 26th, 2019. It's really improved. In the editorial page, Ian even responds to questions and bugs and fixes them. He's a real one. Would recommend this game. :)

It's more for older people

Now, Marapets is a good game. I enjoy using it occasionally. But I wouldn't say it’s the type of game you would play with you child sitting around and having a good time. Marapets can be rather dark at times. Most people compare Marapets to Neopets, as they have similar names and functions. I will not deny that they also have very similar pets and since Neopets predates Marapets it could even count as copying. Especially since for every Neopet pet there is a Marapet counterpart (examples: Eyries = Speiros). But marapets has many other things besides pets. In fact, the emphasis isn't even on pets. If there are any pet related activities, they are going to be for Minipets. Which are pets for the pets. There are also dress-up, fighting (which I believe is text based), chance, and social activities as just a few things. I would say that the world is hard to navigate. You have a bunch of buttons at the top which show you a quick menu of everything, yet there are buttons on the side that do almost the same thing. The map is also rather confusing, and the places aren't laid out in a way that is memorable. So, it’s best not to use the map. I don't partake in the forums, not because of cursing but because they just aren't my thing, but I glanced at them for this review and the community all seems to know each other. There are a few social things like blogs, sites you can make with html, and a chat room called MaraTalk. The blogs are more or so personal and are like DeviantArt journal. So, there isn't much to worry about unless you child wants to be out in the open with people. There are also chance games. I call them chance games mostly because they are like games of chance, but not like slot machines or anything (at least, I haven't found any slot machines). I'll just say a few. There is a decapitation fairy who likes to chop off your pet’s head. After that It will have a space where the head would be (a very meaty space) and a bit of blood squirting from a bone jutting out from the neck. Which would be disturbing to a child. A few other costumes include killer (which is a horror style thing and will switch between strange looking eyes to squinted eyes and it will have something written in the background in blood (Depending on what species are wearing the costume). Passing on from the chance to the more violent things are the merchandise. There are things you can buy in in-game stores. Some of these things are rather questionable. You can buy the ears of different species of pets (blood and all) and Elika’s tail (Blood included). Pretty much a bunch of things with blood everywhere around the site. Some of which might disturb younger children. There are some cute pop culture references (Like the “Pikaboo”, a Pikachu plush). I think it is a good game if you don’t let these things get to your head. It’s not addicting as everything is laid out in such a way that it doesn’t require much effort to find it, which was the point of Neopets. Since it has a lot of things that Neopets has, it would even be an adult alternative. So, depending on your preferences you might want to give this game a try, but it really isn’t for younger kids.

Banned

This game is really disappointing. I was banned because my sister and I shared the same IP adress and each had an account. The staff said I had two accounts and that I was breaking the rules. They wouldn't listen to anything we had to say. I paid real money for my account (You have to buy something to get to the next level in the game) and I didn't even get to spend it in the game before I was banned and they won't refund me. They really don't treat their players (costumers) like they should. From what I saw I am not the only one to whom it happened, so I say don't even bother...

Confusing, not newbie friendly

I found the came very confusing, with many different concepts. Large community and too many rules to follow. I felt like the game wasn't explained well at all. There was so much going on. It is very safe but I quit. I have gone back to my favorite virtual pet site game, Rescreatu. The game also crashes a lot and the art isn't too great and the members are quite rude. I would not join this game.