Kid reviews for Marapets

Virtual world low activity; pretty high on safety.

Kid, 9 years old January 11, 2021

this game is really safe

this game is really safe kids under 12 cant even edit their profiles

Teen, 17 years old Written byianonmarapetssucks November 13, 2020

The sites fine but the founder is a racist [REDACTED}

So i had maratalk which cost 100,000 marapoints and i didn't get my money back after i was banned. And in a maratalk disagreement ian used a photoshopped picture of a blog that wasnt me cause i never blogged and so yeah i still play but like the founders a [REDACTED]

Teen, 17 years old Written bySpace_Skater May 11, 2020

It's actually really good!

I like this game cause you can take care of a virtuual pet allot like neo pets
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnonymousHumanBeing March 7, 2020

Disgusting.

This entire website is basically a malware breeding ground. The website managers do not make even the slightest attempt at security, and the website is riddled with hackers. People can get around the chat restrictions and swear in the chat. The fairies are, overall, a not-very-good role model, especially for CHILDREN. There's a decapitating fairy, which young children might find disturbing, there's a trash fairy, and there's a weird, undead fairy that children would have nightmares about. Developers don't care about what you have to say, they just ban you. I had a friend who used to play, got banned, and the devs just didn't listen. The site seems to be run by a handful of incompetent, uneducated, unqualified idiots who don't care about the players' experience. Don't bother with this awful website.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygiovana silva October 5, 2019
l love this game! is so cute! but is not for Kids this game.

Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2019

It’s ok

The game is simple enough, it’s very similar to Neopets, because you get to take care of a virtual pet there too, just like Marapets, but there’s a lot of differences to Marapets than Neopets too. It’s pretty fun for me.

I gave this the rating that I did because there is a lot of errors in the game and it doesn’t feel “complete,” since there’s a lot of spelling errors and not every pet can access every costume and some of the locations haven’t opened yet, and there’s a lot of stuff that you would expect there to be open in 10+ years, but it isn’t. And it’s been like this for a very long time.

Marapets is very strict on having one account per member, so much so that people who have other reasons to have more accounts playing on one singular device have to notify the staff in their profile so they don’t get banned. Honestly, having the policy one account per member is perfectly fine, but I don’t think you should be as strict as Marapets is being.

There’s also been people saying that the staff are very rude to others and don’t even apologize for what they have done wrong. Honestly I don’t see that, but I haven’t talked with the admins before. But I have avoided using a support ticket because of the staff’s reputation (luckily they weren’t mean to me when I did end up using one).

Overall, it’s a pretty decent game that I enjoy, but there are a lot of flaws that I wish to be fixed in the near future.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylxmons July 14, 2019

Actually it's cool!

I actually think Marapets is cool! The graphic design of the website is great! The moderation team actually does their job, unlike OTHER games *cough* ROBLOX *cough*. The creator Ian, is nice actually. Unlike in the other reviews I've seen, Ian isn't greedy because the website doesn't do giveaways anymore. I honestly just don't see any sponsorships. My original account was created in 2011, great game then. I've lost the password and so I made a new account June 26th, 2019. It's really improved. In the editorial page, Ian even responds to questions and bugs and fixes them. He's a real one. Would recommend this game. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBroadwayBird August 15, 2018

It's more for older people

Now, Marapets is a good game. I enjoy using it occasionally. But I wouldn't say it’s the type of game you would play with you child sitting around and having a good time. Marapets can be rather dark at times. Most people compare Marapets to Neopets, as they have similar names and functions. I will not deny that they also have very similar pets and since Neopets predates Marapets it could even count as copying. Especially since for every Neopet pet there is a Marapet counterpart (examples: Eyries = Speiros). But marapets has many other things besides pets. In fact, the emphasis isn't even on pets. If there are any pet related activities, they are going to be for Minipets. Which are pets for the pets. There are also dress-up, fighting (which I believe is text based), chance, and social activities as just a few things. I would say that the world is hard to navigate. You have a bunch of buttons at the top which show you a quick menu of everything, yet there are buttons on the side that do almost the same thing. The map is also rather confusing, and the places aren't laid out in a way that is memorable. So, it’s best not to use the map. I don't partake in the forums, not because of cursing but because they just aren't my thing, but I glanced at them for this review and the community all seems to know each other. There are a few social things like blogs, sites you can make with html, and a chat room called MaraTalk. The blogs are more or so personal and are like DeviantArt journal. So, there isn't much to worry about unless you child wants to be out in the open with people. There are also chance games. I call them chance games mostly because they are like games of chance, but not like slot machines or anything (at least, I haven't found any slot machines). I'll just say a few. There is a decapitation fairy who likes to chop off your pet’s head. After that It will have a space where the head would be (a very meaty space) and a bit of blood squirting from a bone jutting out from the neck. Which would be disturbing to a child. A few other costumes include killer (which is a horror style thing and will switch between strange looking eyes to squinted eyes and it will have something written in the background in blood (Depending on what species are wearing the costume). Passing on from the chance to the more violent things are the merchandise. There are things you can buy in in-game stores. Some of these things are rather questionable. You can buy the ears of different species of pets (blood and all) and Elika’s tail (Blood included). Pretty much a bunch of things with blood everywhere around the site. Some of which might disturb younger children. There are some cute pop culture references (Like the “Pikaboo”, a Pikachu plush). I think it is a good game if you don’t let these things get to your head. It’s not addicting as everything is laid out in such a way that it doesn’t require much effort to find it, which was the point of Neopets. Since it has a lot of things that Neopets has, it would even be an adult alternative. So, depending on your preferences you might want to give this game a try, but it really isn’t for younger kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycamfun15 August 20, 2017

Banned

This game is really disappointing. I was banned because my sister and I shared the same IP adress and each had an account. The staff said I had two accounts and that I was breaking the rules. They wouldn't listen to anything we had to say. I paid real money for my account (You have to buy something to get to the next level in the game) and I didn't even get to spend it in the game before I was banned and they won't refund me. They really don't treat their players (costumers) like they should. From what I saw I am not the only one to whom it happened, so I say don't even bother...

Teen, 14 years old Written byJezzy May 16, 2017

Confusing, not newbie friendly

I found the came very confusing, with many different concepts. Large community and too many rules to follow. I felt like the game wasn't explained well at all. There was so much going on. It is very safe but I quit. I have gone back to my favorite virtual pet site game, Rescreatu. The game also crashes a lot and the art isn't too great and the members are quite rude. I would not join this game.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysmartngirly August 25, 2015

My favorite website

It takes some getting used to, but is generally a very fun site. There is a strong community where everybody knows everybody else and is very nice. The forum is well-monitered and there is no bullying. There is also tons of stuff to do, so you can play for years without getting bored. I highly recommend it because it is more small and personal than other virtual pet games, while still being hugely entertaining.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytamartin1999 January 13, 2015

Look Closer

Looks aren't everything. Wealth isn't everything. This book beautifully portrays that. Just as some of the most unlikely people can become ally's.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRamZilla September 24, 2014

Been playing since '07

This is a GREAT game. I have been playing since '07 and have only seen minor profanity, and content is teen safe. They also apply by COPPA, and if you sign up as a 13 and under user, you have a special safety net. KID SAFE!
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2014

Kate Says

Very well monitored site,zero violence,kind,caring staff 24/7,no in game chats.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKittenSanity July 8, 2014

Not bad at all, give it a chance!

I have to respectfully disagree to the bad reviews on this website. Obviously it has a bit of violence, hence the fighting and headless costumes. And sure, the chats are not all that friendly. But I hadn't even noticed that there were chats up until yesterday, and I have been playing for awhile having plenty good of a time without them. As for those of you who say there is too much drinking and drugs due to the trash fairy, there really isn't. Yes, it says that she is addicted to drugs. It also puts a bad face on them by saying that the drugs destroyed her life, so therefore sends kids the message that they shouldn't drink or gamble. While it isn't extremely hands on, the pets are adorable, there are several quests, and many things to keep kids busy. The fights aren't even violent, in fact they are a little disappointing. The only real thing I would say that there is a problem with is the consistent flow of ads on several pages.

Teen, 17 years old Written byanele1223 June 12, 2014

OK site but it seems as if it's run by a group of 15 year olds

This site kicked off me and my friends after I told them I was sending my items to a friend. It made no sense and the staff was basically incompetent. Very poor infrastructure, cyberbullying is common in some cases. All around, it's a poorly run wannabe Neopets.

Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2013

MaraSUCK!

Marapets is kinda fun but kind of violent. There are fairies on here, but some of them are weird or scary. Like there is a Obese Fairy :/. There is also a fairy named Guillotine that can chop your pet's head off! Plus, there is a Undying fairy that might be creepy looking to young players. She lays on a wheel and you throw a dagger (small sword) at her! There are also disgusting items in the game, like poop. There are also people with quests to get them items, but if you don't give them the items, they say mean things to you. At Vortex Park, there is a disgusting looking fairy called The Trash Fairy, Don't look at her, you will be grossed out! Plus, on Marapets, you have pets to take care of, if you don't take care of them, they die and go to the graveyard and turn into zombies. UGH! You have been warned!

Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2012

THE WORST SITE EVER!

TERRIBLE site! At first you you might think "awwwwwwwwww it luks so kewt" but it is a terrible site!!! Really! The fairies are sooooo lame and they are terrible role models and sometimes cut your pet's head off! Neopets is way better with everything!
Teen, 14 years old Written byboxxy989 July 29, 2011

not a bad site give it a try

i like marapets because i think it is a good experience for kids that are starting to go on chat sites in my opinion their isan't any trolling and what not so their shouldn't be problems with marapets
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub April 24, 2011

Not the best website for kids..

I honeslty think Marapets is not safe at all. It's boring, and most kids won't enjoy Marapets, let alone the fact is costs money to do some things, and drags people to stay to collect points to buy stuff. Any kid under 13 won't enjoy the game, won't see value, and learn stuff that may not be appropiate..