Parent reviews for Neopets

Neopets Poster Image

A great way for kids to learn

This is a great way for kids to learn some basic skills. From social skills to trading skills. There even is a stock market. The chat and boards on site are totally safe. If your kids struggle with the games on site you can also

1 person found this helpful.

Best site EVER!!!!

THE BEST SITE EVER. I am so glad they haven't changed a thing. After coming back from a long hiatus, I am happy to be back! Neopets is great for kids and adults. Do not listen to the negative reviews! Customer support is seriously so nice and responds very well. I got a ticket and was emailed very soon, and when I could not respond due to a phone issue, they contacted me AGAIN to make sure that I still needed some help. It is amazing. Alice is the woman that helped me and she was an angel!! The site is fun and a true utopia where every one leaves drama at the door just to relive their childhood, and some play with their children on the site as well which is a great idea! Safe and fun for all ages. Also teaches money management, how to care for cool pets (and so many neat kinds to choose from!), and many more cool things. They have zero tolerance for inappropriate behavior, which is excellent for children if you are worried about online safety. Neopets, thank you for not changing any thing major, you have made so many neopians happy!! Keep up the amazing work by doing what you've been doing all these years!! Don't change a thing!!!!

Terrible customer service

When you email customer support you still have to submit a ticket for them to respond to you, and they take forever to respond. When there is site events and some of the quests glitch the don’t refund you in anyway for your neopoints that you spent to get the item for your quest or fix the problem. Users spend real money on neocash & premium and they can’t even take the time to fix quests issues and redeem your rewards or noo pints that you lost in the process.

Takes you back to 1999...

I have been a member for 19 years but will not be making it to 20. They only respond to the squeaky wheels on social media.. yet are quick to ban anyone that gives negative feedback. They respond to tickets promptly, only if you cause a stir on their social media accounts. Their customer support barely qualifies as support and your odds of receiving actual support are not great. They are stuck in pre-2005, policies, tools, and platform. If I had children I would not let them play this as their safety protocols can't possibly be up to standard compared to modern games. Neopets is no longer worth the headache. Also the amount of popup/embedded advertisements is enough to kill any computer.

Fix the website

I used to LOVE this website when I was a kid but it seems as though they dont take care of it anymore. I recently made a new account to try it out again and the games dont load, the buttons dont work, it freezes. They have way too many ads on the side causing the website to not work properly. They need to fix all of this. It's ridiculous. If they fixed all their bugs then it would be a great website again but it's awful these days.

Great game let down by tragic customer service

Really enjoyed the game and put years of play/work into it - amazing game and family-friendly. I left it for a few years and my account was frozen for inactivity. I contacted their support team to unfreeze my account but it's been 2 years with no response to my emails. See the reviews that say the Neopets Team treat their customers like trash - it's true.

Terrible customer service

Customer service don't respond to you, wouldn't bother if you or your child have an issue they don't get back to you even if you message back to ask for an update.

Abandoned petsite

This site is dying for ages, but some loyal users still keep it running. It's not worthy to register now if you don't play it for a long time. It has no efficient staff team, no creative events or anything else, the site seems to be running by a script and only breathing through machines, funded by the people who still buy the game's cash currency, which by the way is the most active part of the site, with new real money items released religiously everyday.

Beware

Neopets is a fun and addictive game. Users, called "Neopians" have many activities in which they can partake and users range from small kids to great grandparents. I wasn't to caution for two reasons. The first being the advent of the Neocash mall. While this is not something you have to take part in, the site is increasingly geared towards making money which... is why my second warning is rather ironic. Many players invest years building their accounts. It takes that long to have am truly great account. However, the overzealous nods, known as TNT for The Neopets Team, are prone to freezing innocent players. I can attest first hand that loosing an account you've worked hard to build for years can be a devastating blow. I was never given a straight answer as to why, when my accounts were frozen. My tickets were answered over a year after submittal and although I'd spent around 1000 usd on the site, my case wasn't looked into except to call me a scammer. This is absolutely untrue and I've met many players since who have been treated the same way. After 5 years of trying, I finally got "Tony P' to look at my ticket. He still apparently believes I'm a scammer as he agreed to give my account back but not before stealing all items and neopoints (money) as well as destroying my pets. Thanks! Surprisingly, even this act of cruelty is proving too difficult as he has now not answered me in several days after agreeing to unfreeze 1 of 5 accounts. This site has the worst customer service I've ever encountered by far. If some money were invested to make the ticket system work and employees were trained to actually look into customer complaints, this site would receive 5 stars.

A revised opinion.

As an adult, I find this site fun, but now they have premium accounts that cost seventy dollars a year and do nothing more than give you a few extra-scratch cards and a fifth pet that you lose the moment you don't pay. If that isn't bad enough, they shamelessly advertise SEX TOYS!!! A website owned by Jumpstart allows an advertisement for Sex toys and sex creams to be placed on their site. A website aimed at children. I strongly suggest using Adblock. Pros Free to join Really awesome pets to choose from. Lots of worlds to explore . A battledome for combat that is friendly, no blood or gore etc. Easy to Use. Cons Getting the paintbrushes to make your pet look a certain way is a pain. The higher profile brushes go for millions of Neopoints at the auction or trading posts. Consequently , this can become addictive. It took me literal years to get all of the brushes I wanted and paint each pet (You can have up to four). Young kids likely won't know how to use some of the convenient shortcuts like playing Key Quest. Minimize their time and if possible, help them out. There are countless sites to help you navigate and find items on this one. THIS SITE IS NOT ENCRYPTED AT ALL. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD USE ANY REAL INFORMATION ON IT. MAKE UP THEIR NAME, AGE BIRTHDAY EVERYTHING.