Kid reviews for Neopets

Neopets Poster Image

Why isn't this even popular anymore?

This is wayy better than most games nowadays!

Best game ever!

I played Neopets before and it was fun! You should recommend this to a friend.

OG game how is this average rated yall are haters

Bruh moment

Fun game

Without personal opinions I will give a honest review about the site. Its very kid friendly, there is nothing that would be taken as being mature or inappropriate and moderated very strictly. A little too strictly, so make sure you follow the rules carefully to avoid being frozen. The site still uses flash, but are planning on transferring over after flash is disabled so in the meantime its important to know how to enable flash on the browser. Also due to the site being two decades old at this point a lot of things are out of maintenance, and the site itself is in a sort of "archive mode" which can be a bit frustrating for people who are used to modern layouts. The best part is the game can be completely played for free, I would say that 90% of the site content can be played without premium. There is a lot of ads, but I know its important to know how expensive this site is to maintain so it is understandable. Another great part is the huge arcade library of games, there is over 200 games I believe and that is quite nice.

Horrible customer service, unfair rules.

I got frozen for no reason. I contacted them and they never replied. I had to go to their social media and tell them i contacted them in order for them to reply. Once I got a reply back. I told them what they wanted to know and they still havent contacted me back. The people who own this site will Ignore you most of the time, and when you do manage to get a reply from them they are rude and unhelpful. I had put money and time into my account and they took it from me for no reason. They arent even trying to help me and work out the situation with me. Im getting to the point where I hate this site because it is run by lazy arrogant people who shouldnt own the site in the first place. They are greedy. They expect you to buy memberships in order to have more pets and get coolmonthly items. But then once your membership ends they take it away from you. They even have random events pop up where they will take items from you. This site is a rip off. And I hope it gets shut down soon.

The worst game ever made.

WARNING: No CHILDREN use this site. Only weird adults do. The site is filled with over-aged, selfish adults who take pixels too seriously. Customer service is absolutely terrible, they will do nothing to help you. To the lazy staff, Tony & Rico S. - you're absolutely useless and have helped NOBODY. Literally, if they don't know how to do something, they'll claim it's impossible. There are glitches to be found in the site DAILY. You also come across stunningly rude and stubborn people who have lived on Neopets for about 50 years and are so attached to this site that if it were to shut down, their lives would be meaningless. The addiction is unreal to some.

As an LGBTQ child I feel oppressed

I cannot select other as a gender for my neopet and now I cannot identify with my neopet. I cannot express openly my sexuality and that makes me feel sad. This doesn't a patch, this needs a hot fix.

Stuffed so full of ads that the game lags to the point of breaking

I played this game when I was an adolescent and it taught me a lot about marketing- and cheating. It was so easy to cheat on this game that when I was seven years old I was a multi millionare just from buying neopoints and constantly refreshing the shops for rare items to snag. That's the first thing I have to say- this game is full of cheaters and scammers who take advantage of young children. Sure, a kid might like to play their arcade games, but there are so many ads that it freezes constantly and lags TERRIBLY. NONE of their games work adequately anymore. It is impossible to earn neopoints because there are four ads playing at once on the page, crashing the game. There are always thirty second or minute-long ads before every game. A kid would not want to sit through that every time they want to play a game. There are losing their original idea and therefore losing their audience. On top of this, there is too much of an advantage to players who pay for to get special things in the game. Paying for a premium or Neocash instantly makes the player more likely to win random contests, receive 'special' prizes, and have more visits to their shop. It is obvious that this is the work of the staff to reward the paying players- who are 99% of the time NEVER children. It is sad how far this site has plummeted. It really used to be a fun and inventive thing. Its obvious that all this company cares about is the click-count (which they make money on) by forcing you to refresh the page constantly. I'm truly disappointed in this game. It's just a downright pity. Just give your child a book or a learning site like pbs.kids and they'll enjoy themselves much more.

Fun online pet website, some glitches and consumerism

1. this website is great, many pets, teaches good pet care lessons. 2. a bit too addictive. 3. you need money to keep your pet happy. 3a. you can't get neopoints from games if you have a glitch in your account 3b. pricey neocash cards only available at certain stores 4. easy to play 5. bonuses often 6. amazing!!!!

Pretty good

It's pretty good! I'm kittylie6 and I am doing very well on this game. The only problem is that the neopets need food daily and you can recieve messages from strangers.