Parent reviews for Quizilla

Creative teen-submitted polls and stories can be graphic.

Wondering if Quizilla is OK for your kids?

Parent of a 7, 15, 15, 15, and 15-year-old Written byandimarie January 31, 2011
its fine by me kids are gonna have to see it some day arernt they so i say letem see it

Adult Written byKaycieGene January 5, 2011
I joined quizilla just days after the relaunch in 2008. At the time I was 17. When i realized that many of the users were years younger than me i was a little upset at some of the content. But, if you read the right stuff, then you find the right people. I ended up falling into a group of people who didn't curse (often) in their posts, and who hate the sexual content on the site.

I am a writer on this site, and before i started posting i kept in mind that there were younger users who could read my stuff. I rarely (very rarely) used poor language, and if i did i warned the readers at the start of the chapter. After a year of doing this, i realized it didn't matter. Teens hear cursing - it happens. Many Young Adult novels (13+) have some amount of cursing in them. Usually when i read a story on this site that uses cursing, it's not even cursing. They say something like, "She could tell he was upset because he cursed under his breath".

If you search for bad content on this site, you will find it. But kids should know better than to go out looking for that kind of stuff. Dont cut down the tree because of some bad apples.

Quizilla gives teens a way to express themselves, and you can learn a lot from this site. When i joined i was a highschool drop-out. Now i'm in my first year of college studying to someday become a published author. Its all because of the stories i wrote on this site, and the feed back i got from those who read them. I have a closer group of friends on this site than i do in real life (some might call that sad, i think its great). We Quizillians (as we often call ourselves) are out to help each other. I've met two, maybe three people on this site who were rude. And i've been there for three years now.

For teens like me (though i'm not really a teen any more) Quizilla is a life saver. Yeah, i read a lot. My quizilla friends do too. Yeah, i watch tons of anime. My quizilla friends do too. I like Jrock and writing romance stories. My quizilla friends do too.

I cant say the same for anyone i know in real life. I didnt fit in, never really have. But with quizilla i wasn't the "odd girl out", i have a lot of things in common with everyone. No one raises an eyebrow when i gush about some anime i just finished watching. No one cares that i have random moments of hyperness and go all crazy in my journal. And if i'm having problems at home?

My mother is a recovering drug addict and still drinks (a lot). Any time she has one of her fits, or i'm crying because i had to carry her into the bathroom because she puked all over herself again - i know i can get on quizilla and someone there will care enough to led me an ear. They listen, they give advice, they bring me up when i'm down.

My point - dont knock quizilla if you dont understand it. Dont visit it once and go out looking for bad content, then complain. You have to be there, and talk to people, and look for stories that you like, and make friends and become a true Quizillian before you can really understand the awesome impact it can have on you.

(You might be wondering about the four star rating, since i've gone on about how great the site is. Well, it's because yes you will find lemons if you look for them. And, there's a lot of bad stories you have to filter through before you find something worth reading. It's like a Twlight fanfic explosion in there too (now there's something directed at teens that sends a bad message. Stalker vampire boy friend ='s bad news for you girly) So that's why it get's four stars instead of five.)

Adult Written byimpkat August 9, 2010
Pretty entertaining, though full of noobs.

Adult Written bysmoothmoves97 May 11, 2010

Must know about entendres/codewords

CommonSense rats on Quizilla, but to tell you the truth, almost all user-submission websites for teens are like this. Some teenagers have too much time on their hands and sick minds. I agree the sexual content is explicit and gross, but if you're up to date on your codewords, you'll be able to filter out the nasty stuff and focus on the actual talented writers on Quizilla, who have users in mind when writing their stories and making their quizzes. It's a good creative outlet, but not for young kids or people who don't know their codewords.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byAMAZINGGURL101 September 11, 2009

NO WAY

i think quizilla.com is a great site for young writers. you have to trust your kid not to look at those things. if they know better they wont. there are some pretty bad stuff on there i admit that, but theres also some good thingS...and you even get to make your own QUIZZES AND STORIES. so in my opinion if your responsible enough not to post sex or "lemon" stuff on quizilla.com than ITS A GREAT SITE

Parent of a 10-year-old Written byYOUTUBEYAY July 29, 2009

for tweens

personally, as a kid (im signed on as mom)i love quizilla and i'm only 10. uh-oh gotta go. here comes mom.

Adult Written byallmychildren April 9, 2008

Adults only

THis should be adults viewing only.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008