All parent member reviews for Rhapsody

Parent of a 5, 7, and 13 year old Written byTBF June 11, 2009

my ex loved it

i like it
Educator and Parent of a 1, 6, and 10 year old Written byscarter92 November 19, 2014

Parental controls do not work under any circumstance.

I joined specifically to write this first review for our family. Specifically, we have tried to operate Rhapsody streaming service parental controls under multiple browsers as well as Apple apps. They do not work. I am relatively tech savvy and was disappointed to say the least. While the description of Rhapsody may say that there is a parental control, beware; I can play NWA, Drake, Beyonce, and Dead Kennedys at will.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySmooth September 27, 2009

Works for Teens not for younger

Hears the deal: I've been using Rhapsody for about 8 years now. The web review by Common Sense is not completely on the mark...It is spot on if you only include the music/videos from the download Rhapsody Player. However, should you and your household find your way to Rhapsody.com, you'll note it is a whole different world! Mind you, Common Sense is correct about this not being a social-networking platform, but at the online site you will find: a blog, videos, and photos, not least of which can be very racy! I think this is fine (under parent supervision) for a teen, but note that this is more than just music!