Parent reviews for Rockstar Games Social Club

A place to boast about your GTA rank.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byThisdudenoi3357 January 1, 2019

Best game ever

It is ok as long as you don’t go into the clubs and turn down the volume and that is that
Adult Written byPatrick Roberts September 1, 2020

Steals your money and resets your progress

You Spend a few hundred over a few years and get everything you want for your kids and they accuse them of cheating. All your hard earned money and time down the toilet. Rockstar Games employees should be charged for scamming millions and stealing money. Nothing but corruption!
Adult Written byWaynestir May 30, 2020

Support for account access is an absolute joke

WAYNSTIR
My Dashboard
Ticket #17663563
Social Club - Not Listed
waynstir's request:
I no longer have access to the email used to create my account. I can log in with Playstation network and other linked accounts but cannot change email as it says wrong password. I have the password stored in a program and know it to be the one I used to create account. It refuses to let me update my email due to this.

Attached are screen captures edited to conceal info I do not wish you to have.

Please respond to **********

1.jpg2.jpg
May 24, 2020
waynstir's reply:
I need to change my email for my account. I know my password is correct which means it is either on your end or someone hacked my account and changed it. Either way I would like to resolve this as soon as possible.

3.png
May 24, 2020
Vlad S.'s reply:
Hello waynstir,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience in this regards.We understand that you do not have access to the Social Club email address.

As you do not have access to that email address, we'll not be able to make any changes to your account without proper verification of ownership of the account. Also, there were no changes made to the account in the last 365 days.

We request you to create new Social Club account with different email address so that you can link all other accounts to the new Social Club account or contact the email address domain name support to recover that email address and contact us via that email address.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us anytime.

Best regards,

Vlad S. Rockstar Support

May 29, 2020
waynstir's reply:
You can't be serious!!. NO! I will not create a new account; and the email was ISP specific and therefore not an option as I left the provider for a reason. There are ways you can verify account ownership. And a USER NAME is not an easy thing to come by. I created the account over 6 years ago(required for online play) to play GTA on PS4/3! Haven't used Social Club in any way since as I do not care about social media. You sent me an internal message 6 years ago that your system had the potential to be compromised and changes where made to address it! Again I state I haven't used Rockstar Social Club as I don't care for it; therefore I didn't get the message until the very day I submitted this ticket! This is your doing and you should fix it!! Having purchased a title not just once but 3 times on 3 different platforms! I should be due far more effort to remedy this issue than back up and punt!!

4.JPG5.JPG
May 30, 2020
Start reply here
Upload (.jpg, .png, .gif, .txt)
Drop Files Here To Upload
(Max File Size 20 MB)
5.JPG
Thank you. Your comment has been added.
Status
Open
Platform Handle (SteamID, PSNID, Gamertag)
Waynestir
CORPORATEPRIVACYLEGAL
Adult Written by1miracle2 July 29, 2018

Games fine, supper is LACKING

Seriously their customer service is by far the worst EVER, going on 4 days just trying to fix account access. For the amount of $$ one spends on the game plus DLC. It's insane how their support is setup. These jerks wont get 1 more cent from me.

Adult Written byH G April 2, 2018

AVOID this company with it's unacceptable attitude at all costs!

This company is the worst from all game companies. They don't treat customers equally. They protect trolls, modders and every other part of the toxic community in their games and forum! Don't buy their games and shark cards, because they don't deserve your support. Even EA can manage their online games better, when it's about trying to stop cheaters from cheating online. I suggest you to look in CD Projekt Red and Blizzard's direction. These are decent companies, which cares about customers and treats them equally. Support also is so much better than Rockstar Games support. Please avoid this company and it's games, because you deserve so much better than their useless support and games along with their forum, which are full with toxic people, which Rockstar protects. I have to add that Rockstar's communication, especially when it's more than necessary, is beyond awful. They are so silent that it makes me think they got something to hide.

IT'S NOT MEANT FOR CHILDREN!!!! Please don't let your children play games and write on forum, where people are very toxic and staff cares only about toxic people.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byMorkos D. March 30, 2018

Very bad company and an epic bad customer support!!

I have been playing gta online for 2 years without breaking any rules!
And suddenly last week I opened the game and I found that I got banned for 1 month and my 2 years progress will be reset!
I contacted the support team to show me when I braked the rules
But the support team didn't reply
I waisted my money and my time on this shitty game
My opinion is that stay away from this shitty company and don't waist your money on this game!
Parent of a 17-year-old Written byJPerryman1 January 31, 2018

good app

i play the game it is good

Adult Written byChris J. June 24, 2017

Terrible Customer Service

Rockstar has become a greedy joke! I have been trying for a MONTH to simply unlink my steam account with their social club. Hours of collecting data and submitting just to be told "It's being escalated" with no results. All you have to do is LISTEN to your customer base and it will pay off far more than being difficult.

Instead of simply unlinking the account like I have asked they have continually pressured me into purchasing a "new copy". I have not even ACTIVATED/PLAYED the game on my PC yet they want me to purchase a new one? That's not going to happen. My rant is simply in regards to the fact that on the Rockstar Social account you can unlink a profile from any console but not for the PC? You have to call to have that done. I understand it may be more complex that just hitting a button but after 31 days this is getting ridiculous.

I have wasted numerous hours contacting them with this issue to be given the run around. Then they ask for mountains of "proof" in the form of receipts, screen shots, etc. I have submitted all of this to them several times only for them to close the ticket with no word. This is something that needs to be fixed.

Also after a month I have finally located their support phone number. It is (866) 922-8694 for anyone else having support issues and despise talking via email. Now understand their support is only there from 2:00 PM to 1:00 AM EDT.

As far as the OPENIV situation, I understand that the mods/hacks should NEVER be allowed in muliplayer. It gives someone a leg up on others which I solely disagree with. Single player is a whole other ball game though. I have modded several games (Skyrim, Fallout, Borderlands) and find that I enjoy refining a game to my liking. I would hope to do the same to GTA V SINGLE PLAYER as well but we will see where it goes.

Bottom line: If you purchase this game understand that Rockstar as a whole gives zero cares about their customer base. They exploit any and all roads to make more money off of you than you could imagine. My suggestion is that Bethesda aquire this franchise so we can get developers that care more.
Adult Written byAjwolf M. June 17, 2017
Adult Written bybob m. January 15, 2017

ITS FINE EXCEPT FOR FOUL LANGUAGE AND STRIP CLUB

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byHarrison D. December 30, 2016

13+ Is fare for this game

This game is just like the others kids over the age of the 13
Adult Written byparentperson774 September 13, 2015

11+ I think.

I think this is fine if kids have seen and heard all these things on the game then it's fine
Adult Written byOmar5678 July 11, 2015

Not good for 17 younger

Sick but not good for kids

Adult Written bybuketserefli February 2, 2015

Adult Written byhelper + February 9, 2012

bad

more crap

Privacy & Safety