Parent reviews for Scholastic

Scholastic Poster Image

Poor Shipping, Poor Leadership

We are in month two of waiting. There is a leadership void since the CEO died. Our condolences, but this is no way to run an ecommerce company. They are no longer the company I remember growing up.

Save yourself do not buy from them!

Do not use a debit/credit card or paypal!! On October 22ND of 2018 I placed an order for 7 books for my daughter I thought all was well paypal showed the transaction as pre-authorized and placed a hold on the money. About 2 weeks later I received a letter through snail mail saying that the money was never paid even though paypal was showing them still having a hold on my money. So no big deal I'll get that money back in a couple weeks I said to myself and made the payment with my paypal cash card. 2 days later paypal shows the transaction as a successful and completed transaction. Today November 20th 2018 I checked my email this morning and seen an email from scholastic collections department saying they still haven't received payment and I won't get my books until it's been paid even though they've taken my money. I emailed them a copy of the receipt saying paid they then tried to tell me that it was only a pre-authorization so I took a screenshot of a payment that was actually a pre-authorization payment and they still denied payment and told me it's paypal fault even though the paypal receipt Cleary says PAID. Do not buy books from them!! Unless you like being screwed around for your money only to receive nothing but stress. There's tons of places online to buy affordable books the only reason I used them was for the class rewards my child's class would receive but it'll be less of a hassle to just buy books just to donate to the classroom.

Not Easy to Navigate

No matter how many times I visit the website I can figure out how to find the search tool to find an previous or archived issue. I end up hit or miss and get very frustrated trying to find old issues. Why? Seems to me that they would put a search Bar in a prominent place. Other than that it's ok. More like a school assignment rather than fun learning though.

weak content and it shows that this company is desperate

Parents need to know that this site is a waste, useless, and weak on content. A lot of the redundant information is available and there is no organization and sometimes age-inappropriate. The site does push its products, and it is very annoying. Kids get annoyed. The boards don't have a filter, and users get annoyed quickly. This company is desperate.

I love to read it

age 10 +

i love the web site

I love it because it helps you a lot