Parent of an infant, 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8 year old Written bysilverstream August 6, 2015

Oversensitive Scratch Team

I wish I was still on Scratch, but they IP banned me for no reason. The scratch team is just too oversensitive. Really, they just ban everybody and their networks for no reason. Seriously, if I had to do a thing, I wouldn't go on that kid's site because they love to IP ban everybody.
Parent Written bymistahme August 13, 2013

Wish I had had this as a kid!

I'm a programmer myself, and when I saw this on TED I was blown away, since giving it to my 12 and 13 year old boys I've been blown away with what they've been able to make with and without my assistance. Beware: If you let them your kids will spend hours playing other peoples games, and potentially become 'code copiers'. Keep an eye on what they're doing, ask them what variables mean what, and make sure they're ACTUALLY programming!
Parent Written bynehcdet September 19, 2014

Fun Website!

Scratch is an awesome and fun programming website!!! I've been using it for only about 2 months with the username flexaxu I'm obsessed with it! There are so many nice scratchers there!!! Sometimes, just sometimes, there will be inappropriate messages, but you can just easily click the report button. Everything is awesome on Scratch!
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byMaghda April 12, 2014

Scratch is amazing.

My 10 year old daughter found Scratch and told me she wanted to play it. Since I trust her, I told her yes. Then she started figuring out Scratch and even saw this amazing project called "Flow OS". She loved that project she made a remix of it. She is now making some of the best projects in Scratch, and amazes me. Thank you Scratch for being kid friendly!
Adult Written byIHeartGaming September 2, 2011

Scratch is awesome!

Like Starwarsguy said, anything bad for kids you can flag. Then it gets removed. Scratch is awesome!
Adult Written bytonks228 March 11, 2015

awsome!

it is a little hard at first but you get used to it, it's free which is very good
Parent of a 5, 10, and 18+ year old Written byBolleyball April 30, 2014

Very good!

My 10 yr old is on this site all the time.
Parent of a 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18+ year old Written byFIAB December 5, 2012

Okay Site

Okay site. It's pretty fun,but I and my kids did get a little bit bored after a while :)