All parent member reviews for SecretBuilders

Adult Written bykarpawalsh@msn.com January 16, 2009

Inappropriate chatting

At first I was very pleased with this site. After using it for several days and really enjoying it, another playing sent a message to my daughter saying" hey you and I would be great together !" then another one said " wanna go out with me ? that phrase seems to be very common. Then worse of all someone called her a loser and a jerk. My daughter is no longer allowed to use the site. Karpawalsh
Adult Written bynorcaldad July 7, 2009

safe, educational and fun! what more could a parent want?

this site is constantly playing with their filters and improving it. The previous reviewer mentioned the dating talk was passing the filters. not so anymore. I trust my kids on this site more so than club penguin. I have an 11 year old and a 8 year old.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byQuiltMama80 July 15, 2011

Way too much inappropriate talk going on!

My 11 year old daughter learned about this site from a teacher recommendation. They said it's a great learning site that bases games around history and literature. That may be a portion of the site but I believe the part that is most used by the children is the chat and social aspect of the site. Here they can type messages to each other that are supposed to be safe chat but the players have found ways around that. There is lots of negative chat, name calling, sexualized messages, rudeness and pawning of items. There is also a game I just learned of today that they play in another member's house. It's spin the bottle! They all gather in another player's house and a boy or girl picks a player, who then sits next to them and they type in 'KIZZ' or' make love to me'! I was shocked to see this and embarrassed that I have let me 11 year old play on this site for so long. Shortly after I saw that, I noticed another player type, spin the bottle at my party, all boys. Which made me realize that anyone can sign up for an account, even adults. These adults could be playing these "games" with your children. Well, I'm done with this site. My daughter may not understand my way of thinking but this is not what this site was intended for in my eyes. I do not like that there is little monitoring. Sure, a player can get kicked off their account for ludicrous language but they can immediately open another account. Very bad website for children.
Parent Written byayiticherie January 20, 2013

DRUG DEALERS ON THIS SITE

I was lulled into thinking that this was a safe place for kids when I saw the Parent magazine endorsement on the bottom of their website. Boy did I have another thing coming. I signed up specifically with commonsense to WARN OTHERS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE. There is one part of the website where they can decorate their own rooms and that seems innocent enough but if you flick on the map button on the top it will take you to several chat room filled with "kids" who are having conversations. As I type this there is someone in the North Pole chat room asking others if they want to buy any "trees" (Marijuana) another offering "ice" (Crystal Meth), someone else saying that they have free girls in their room and they want to party and another saying they want to kill themselves. Appalling. STAY AWAY.
Parent Written byeicats January 1, 2013

Childs safety regarding inappropriate acts/ comments questioned!

My daughter loves it, she is 10. I have to monitor her activity on secret builders because of others! Kids are able to get around the safe chat and create codes and tricks to kiss and pretend sexual acts with others. My daughters avatar was approached and asked about sex. I am trying to figure out if I can prevent this somehow so she can safely play. It can be addictive as well!
Educator and Parent Written bysammy456 April 12, 2016

This is a bad site. There is beyond bad language on this site. Children talk inappropriate. They speak naughty, You need to add more security onto this site. Im not kidding my child is learning about sex and they are not even old enough for that. Seriously.

ITS A BAD SITE!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byIDECMeep September 18, 2015

Okay Game

I think this game is OKAY but does have some violent language. This game is not very popular either but I do have to say that it has TOO MUCH SAFETY. I have played it for a bit to see how it was and I have got banned for 24 hours for saying hi and apparently it was flooding when I just said it once.. The looks of the game are a bit suspicious and you need membership for quite a bit of things. Other then that, the game is pretty good.
Parent Written byNerdyChique82 July 29, 2012

PARENTS BEWARE….

My daughter is 11 years old and became addicted to this site. Then, boys started coming up to her ALL the time asking her sexual questions and being EXTREMELY graphic and inappropriate. It was disgusting. You have the ability to block users, but there are so many gross boys on there that they can just keep making different avatars. I can't even let her use the site anymore. They don't regulate any of this…they say they do, but guess what…IT STILL HAPPENS and MORE OFTEN than other sites. It really was bad…..
Parent of a 9 year old Written bymaria89 September 7, 2009

awsome perfect for any age enjoy

i love it.my daughter is very in to secretbuilders and she stays on it all day because she thinks its fun.
Adult Written byIceRider99 January 14, 2009

Fantasic! 2nd best online game I have ever played!!!

This game is worth checking out. It has plenty of games, contests, and quests! This game is actually mostly about writing. With several refrences to classic books.The average kid might not like it. If you have a writer, though, they probably will! Totally age appropriate. Chat is safe. Nothing to worry about here. In case you're curious, VMK was the best online game I have played.