Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2014

Great for age's 10 and up

Well I think that Skype is a great way to talk to your friends or family members. I think the rating should be 10 and up :)
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2014

BEWARE OF THE DANGERS

USERS ARE ALLOWED TO CURSE AND THEY HAVE EMOTICONS FOR SMOKING AND I HAVE ENCOUNTERED A PERSON WHO OFFERD TO RUB HER P***Y FOR ME AND IM 10
Teen, 13 years old Written byemmygirl January 1, 2015

Ok, but don't accept strange requests

It is fun for talking to friends, but you can get requests from anyone. Don't accept any strange requests.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolteenager01 July 28, 2014

I think there's something you really have to know about Skype.

I think Skype is appropriate for any age. There are just some things I have to protest about. When you have problems with Skype and you want it to be fixed, you are begging on your knees for Skype to actually fix it! Even when you tell them your problems, they do not take you seriously and will not fix the problems that their angry customers nicely requested for them to fix. Even when you're an adult and ask them nicely to fix the glitches that you want to be fixed, they still do not listen. They do not listen to anybody's problems not even adult's. They are very manipulative, dishonest, and bad employees. They lied on their feedback page they said something about not responding to every amount of feedback but what they lied about was taking it seriously. They do not take it seriously at all with you. And in their Terms Of Use, they say they are not responsible for those types of glitches. Well, I think that's unreasonable for Skype to say that and not be responsible for the dang, freaking glitches! Common Sense Media thought the glitches were occasional but I think the glitches are frequent and are usually not fixed because Skype isn't willing to fix it. On the other hand, it would be a great way to stay in touch with families and friends who live far away. It's just when there are no problems with Skype, Skype has to screw it up! Yo, Skype employees, do you really have to not do what your customers request you to do? If you're a Skype employee, you should be ashamed of yourself for not improving your software. My recommendation is if you have Skype, you're better off looking for another chatting service.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeahImaBrony164 May 11, 2016

great app

Skype's a great app, it's like free phone service. I think it's best for teens because, you don't want any young children meeting a 40 year old man. It does have alcohol emojis, but it's really not a big deal.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylivvyS March 15, 2016

Skype

Skype is a good way to connect face-to-face with people you know. It is very clean and mostly safe. The only safety concern is random strangers trying to face-chat your child. There is a way to block the stranger but there is not a setting to make the skype account private which means anyone can contact and view your child's account until you block them. I would not let your child let this app unless you trust them. This app is safe besides that concern. So I guess it's up to the parents to decide. (I know I got my account first when I was 9)
Teen, 13 years old Written byFantasticbragon June 9, 2016
Skype is a great way to communicate with friends and family.Just have a private account.And tell your children not to follow or accept requests from people they don't know.
Kid, 11 years old May 16, 2016
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2016

its ok

I think its good if you use it resopsibley.... however,you should change your password every month...
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlsatian August 15, 2015

Good, but not as safe as you think it is.

Skype is a wonderful social network for friends and family to have free instant messages and voice/video calls. It's relatively safe when you can select your own privacy setting, Such as not allowing people who are not on your contact lists to talk/voice/video call to you for example. It's also a good way to talk if you're in a long distant relationships, friends or family memebersBut there's something you SHOULD be aware about when you use skype. Skype isn't as private as you think and any conversation whether that be text, voice or video chats can potentially be read by Microsoft without your knowledge and information can be passed. They stated in their Terms of use that they check links to stop malicious links/access, but this shouldn't always be trusted. Sure, use skype. It's a great way to talk for free, but skype with care! You never know what can happen while you're on skype so best not say anything that don't want anything or anybody else to hear. I honestly think that Skype is safer for those who are of a slightly older age who are mature enough and don't go adding and talking to people they don't know.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKdrewk June 27, 2015

Good app for video chatting

Skype is a great app to use for video chatting and IMing with people far away. Beats Facetime for sure. As long as you are only adding people you know, it should be fine.
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2014

I LOVE THIS!

I rated it 2 and up because say if you've got a relative in a different country and they wanna see your toddler than put them on the video chat. But you have to be over 13 to make an account. I use my dad's account. I decline any strangers.