Parent reviews for Studyladder

Wide-ranging hub for lessons in nearly every subject.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written bymasterluke791 March 31, 2021

this game is really violent!!!

this game is not for kids this app is for masterbaiting adults there is swearing sex scenes and drugs and the worst of all this game is rated for 3 year olds!!!

Adult Written byhackerscammer February 4, 2020

I found a lot of mistakes in the wording my son started started saying things that don't make sense from the app other wise low acadamic level

it sucks

Adult Written byLucy R. November 4, 2017

a bit sexist

My daughter really enjoys this and we've only just started using it. However, I am immediately struck by the bias in the characters she can choose to battle against. Only 3 out of 14 are female (we are 50% of the population, in case you forget). One is a granny who likes cupcakes, one a bit of a siren who dances and one a fluffy pink girl who is kind and loving and likes pink. Really? I just wonder, have the creators of this tool met any real women or girls? I am assuming they are not female themselves because why would you write yourselves out of the world? This choice doesn't give my daughter much to get involved with. The scientist is a man (of course he is) and the other male characters can play guitar under water with their feet and other stuff that must have been fun to make up. Can't you imagine any women or girls who do interesting things too? Also, it goes without saying, the female avatars all have long hair, no afro options and pretty predictable colour choices. You can tell me this is not important but I think when you are giving kids choices, they should be able to recognise themselves, as they are, in those options. It's not hard to do - you have created a world here which children do find fun and engaging but why make half of them feel a bit less a part of it? It's just not necessary. I get fed up watching my daughter learning how to see the world through the eyes of white men.