Parent reviews for Wizarding World

Wizarding World Poster Image

SCAM ? READ AND DECIDE!

I hate to think of it as a scam, but it gives every appearance of being just that! This membership promises much but delivers very, very little. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and bought several membership cards to be given as gifts. I activated 2 of them and then they ended the membership registrations. I purchased the cards with cash and since I no longer had the receipt, I was told there would be no refund either. The discounts are essentially for uK attractions and when I attempted to use the code provided to get a discount on a Universal Orlando vacation, it…zip. The price was reduced by by nothing at all.

WARNING!!! Possible Scam

Brought gold membership. Activation code not sent, no contact number listed so email only option Very slow response with very poor communication and no customer service and still no activation code. Avoid I think it may be a scam!!!!!

wizarding world review

I signed my son up for the gold membership and have not been able to purchase anything AT ALL. I sign in under his sign in and can add items to the cart but items delegated to gold members I can not add. I have even tried to check out as a non gold member , just to buy the items and the website loops me back to the sign in page, even though I'm already signed in. I have spoken with someone by phone twice and they have no ability to fix it since they are a third party. I have emailed 3 times and can get no resolution to the problem. I have no choice but to take legal action. This is unfortunate. I had high hopes for the website and researched it extensively.

Pottermore is Great!

Good site for kids who want to extend their love of Harry Potter.
It is not as fun as lets say other websites cause you don't have as much things to do becuase it's mostly games and some talking. There is no person to customize that goes to diffrent places. But the quizes to be sorted into a house and also the ones to get your wand are cool.

Keep a Watchful Eye on Pottermore

I've been on the site since the beta period and seen it grow and change and I'll say that if I were a parent, I would keep a very close eye on what happens on the site. While the artwork and content is good and the games are simple and would bore anyone that's not enthralled with the Potter series. This unfortunately doesn't redeem all its shortcomings as to safety. I've seen a few role plays as they're called that seem overly violent, with one going over torturing an individual and disposing a corpse, whereas the other was simulating sexual intercourse. While both of these were not on the main message boards on the site (the great hall, common rooms, dueling corridor and potions area) while trying to go deeper into the story and see more content, it would be easy for someone to accidentally stumble upon this content, with some of it being on a page for the house founders, linked directly to the main message board (the great hall). Really, it is almost a given for the internet, but given that some users do seem to take pains to get around the reporting function, and that at times, reported comments with truly offensive content are reposted by Pottermore's shoddy moderation, it seems to be a wise idea to supervise any time spent on the site, or if your children must, to keep it to the main areas, and moments, where most users seem to police themselves.

Good on-line game for Harry Potter lovers...

This is a fun, free, extension of the Harry Potter world. It appears to be very safe, with fully protected identities of users and restrictions about comments that can be made. The consumerism is really just about J K Rowlings and Harry Potter. There have not been any ads within the game.

nice

No purchases can be made inside the wizarding world, but a "neighbour" site sells virtual books for e-book readers. The art is excellent and non of the characters' faces are shown, so as not to spoil anything. Potions is wayyyyy too hard, but that's the way it is for Harry, too. I can live with that since everything is seen from Harry's perspective, you are supposed to use pottermore along with the books. I miss PM's and interpersonal communication. You are supposed to collect items, but this looks a lot like stealing to me sometimes. But kids know it's wrong to take what isn't yours.