Kid reviews for Zimmer Twins

Safe and simple animation site includes free or fee options.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySandstorm0 August 29, 2019

A ZT review

Hello. On the ZT website I am known as Sandstorm0. ZT has been around since 2005, although I like this website, I do agree it has gone down since it’s peak in 2009-2015. The website has been hacked a lot more lately then it has ever been, and more inappropriate content seems to be spawning daily. It does have an amazing and supportive community, but the website it pretty much useless if you don’t have a VIP.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMeetUsTycoonTyc... February 2, 2019

Unless if you pay them money, the website is useless.

Once you create an account on this website, you’ll be able to save content on your account and comment &rate. The only thing is that unless you pay for a ‘VIP’ membership, the website is useless.

Non membershipped accounts can only write pre-made content, make movies that are private and nobody can actually see, and never really get to do anything on the website.

A membershipped account will be forced to upload everything publicly, and get to write comments and get their movie featured. But, that stuff should happen anyways.

$5 a month for this membership. Not to mention, the website hasn’t been updated since 2012 and functions like it’s 2005. So basically you’re better off not even making an account and not bothering with the website at all, since the whole website is just one big money taker and you can’t even do anything on there.

You’re better off using GoAnimate, Roblox, or Storyboard That.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMeetUsTycoonTyc... February 2, 2019

Unless if you pay them money, the website is useless.

You’re better off using GoAnimate, Roblox, or Storyboard That.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRIRZTIN42_TSWHR January 6, 2019

This website isn’t secure.

Before I start this review, I read a review that says an account with a school was hacked recently and posted much NSFW content. This is something I think I need to address in my review.

If any of you know what Roblox is, it’s a free website that allows children to play virtually anywhere with fun mini games. I honestly love playing the game since it is fun. One of the issues with that website is free robux. Robux is the currency to lox uses so you can purchase items without having to actually pay for it.

These are websites, and believe it or not, some of these websites are more secure than Zimmer Twins.

That scares me. An illegal fraud website is more secure than an animation website that claims to protect your kids.

DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS HERE. THIS IS POTIENALLY DANGEROUS.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDarkStormWithSt... December 27, 2018

A BOT protecting a WEBSITE?!

Ok. So a few weeks ago, my little sis asked my dad for a 'Zimmer Twins' account. So he said he'd check out some reviews. He stumbled across a review video from September by a guy named NElite56. He said something about a warning system controling the website and giving people false warnings.

So, he looked at some reviews on here, and some of the messages had the same things. "my child got a warning today from zimmer twins because of this but he said he never did it"

Later that day, I found an article explaining this warning system on the website's own wiki. The warning system is actually a BOT that is doing the thing.

My dad was shocked, so he asked me to try out Zimmer Twins, just for a few days. So I created an account, and got everything checked off.

The only strange thing already was that there was no verification for emails, passwords, or even a reCaptcha! And the only way to retrieve your password was by looking at an email they give you. So once my email loaded, there was a WEAK 4 digit number that was there.

So I put in the password, and decided to change it immediatly since I knew that there could be hackers. (And the password only has 9999 different probable passwords, and there are an approximate 200K members on ZT)

I opened up my profile, and it turns out, to even have a video posted in the public or a comment that can be shown, you have to pay Zimmer Twins a 'VIP' membership, 20 dollars for one. So I purchased it, and already, I could tell there were bad stuff afoot.

For beginners, there was loads of spam on the front page, about 20-30 videos made by the same user, even some saying 'Hello?' 'Edgar Dances' 'LOL'

So I reported them. Then, I noticed that there had been no blog posts posted in weeks. So, I posted one video, just saying a little hello. The very next day, I get an email from the site saying that I got a warning and that it my 'hello' video was considered revealing personal information

All I revealed in that video was my username. So, the video was gone. Then I posted another using the assigned characters. What do you know? The next day, REMOVED. Now it was for bullying and harassment.

In that video, I just said 'hey tree looking dude'. Which isn't even that rude.

So, if Zimmer Twins allows spam, but doesn't allow a simple 'hello' video to pass, then what good is it?

My advice: Don't bother. You'd do more successful with Roblox.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally76 December 16, 2018

Too inactive it’s unsafe

I don’t really see the point of using Zimmer Twins at this point. The community is great and all, but there is only one moderator left moderating the website. And they haven’t done anything in three months now. The worst part is that they are rarely active to do anything about the website. It’s honestly scary, this can result in many situations. The only way it’s heing protected is by a script that hasn’t been updated since 2005. Don’t bother with the website, it’s just too boring.

Teen, 17 years old Written byZT_Not_Safe_At_All December 11, 2018

Very unsafe.

This isn't safe at all, the warning system is very, very bad. My brother got a total of twelve warnings today all for the same reason: bullying. My dad moderates his account, and my dad is a reasonable man. He checks his account often. So, don't bother. He's now on the edge of getting banned now. So much for a 'safe and positive' website.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEliteData September 15, 2018

Terrible

I joined this website in 2016, at first, it was the most amazing website I’ve ever used. It was not until the website began to give me “warnings”- the website’s way if moderating videos, that wouldn’t match the video. For example, I got a warning in the Fall of 2016 about containing violence, and the video was just a little joke video about getting married. I returned in 2018 and I continued to get these warnings, but nobody else got them. Not to mention the actual swearing, riots, arguments, ect. This website is just a great way for kids to be attacked by adults. 1/5 wouldn’t recommend.

Here’s a really important one for parents; Zimmer Twins will allow your child to reveal personal information, it’ll just be deleted in a month or 2 when only about 130 people saw the video.

Not to mention, riots. Riots were the cause of just little kids getting angry, meanwhile the mods just stare at it, this isn’t as a great, educational, or fun website like it was in 2010.

Security is also another thing to worry about. There have been reports [in 2018] that accounts have been hacked by users, and the mods no longer do anything about it.

Videos can also be removed for other reasons. There are a couple words that you might say are appropriate, but ZT doesn’t think so: “Chores” and others

There are sometimes videos contains sexual content that never get removed, including videos about private areas, a girl has a big butt, they need to do innapropiate things. You get the point.

One final mention, they pay you $20 (US) just so your kid can become addicted to the website and get banned from it. I was banned from ZT after a few weeks and I paid good money. NO REFUNDS.

I would recommend parents to not use this website, it’s a way to make your kid more upset at stuff that isn’t worth crying over. Thank you.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMiiWiiuGuyAndPercyJ November 29, 2016

Good news and bad news about ZT

Well Zimmer Twins is a good place for your child, just moderate because your child may see swearing and stuff. Please create an adult account to view.

Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2016

Be careful on fansites, otherwise great for kids

The website itself is completely safe for children and the comments from others are generally supportive.

However, be wary of fansites because the website has also attracted a lot of 12-18 year old teens who create these. The main one is on Wikia, which may not be the best environment for kids because, well, Wikia.

Also, Skype calls with community members are extremely encouraged among the well-known users. As for these kids themselves, they're usually just as supportive, but they can be immature at best and drama queens at the worst. It's also really easy to become well-known, pretty much all one would have to do is get VIP (which is actually pretty cheap) make a lot of videos and join a fansite.

TL;DR Good site for kids, may taste 15 minutes of fame a little early.

Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

Much safer than GoAnimate

The main competitor to sites like this is GoAnimate, a website where everything costs money.

This website is much safer when it comes to consumerism. Three months of GoPlus was* $18 while six months of VIP here is $19.95. GoAnimate is also strictly against using for free. They're eliminating free plans, but this site lets you use a demo (no free trial) of what it's like minus VIP features before you buy.

Children can share their videos with other kids using the site (unlike Don'tGoAnimate) and can forever do that. Some videos become Crowd Pleasers, or the site editors can even deem it 5/5 material and it becomes a Must-See.

As for VIP, a month costs $4.95 and six months give you a discount and, as mentioned earlier, cost $19.95.

This is a safe option for you and your kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypolocatfan April 17, 2014

Zimmer Twins Review

This is a great little site with a little community. The site is a movie making site that allows you to make short movies about Edgar, Eva, and 13 who are psychic twins and a cat. The community is generally nice and supportive of everyone on it. I chalk that up because you have to pay a subscription to post non preset comments. Oh I should mention if you want others to see your videos you have to pay a subscription of $5 per month or $20 for 6 months(non renewing.) they sometimes have contests in which you make videos to get free or $1 memberships. More about the community. The community is usually very supportive and whenever one of the members has a fight with another others usually break it up quite easily. Also there is a karate chop action which is pretty much the only violence on the site. Swearing can rarely get past the filters but you can just report that. There is also a version of this site for teachers use which is pretty cool.
Bottom Line I recommend it for ages 8 and up. 5-7 could however get enjoyment out of it too.

Kid, 9 years old June 8, 2013

Amazing Site With Only Two Flaws (One of them which I have solved)

I love love love this website! Pros: It inspires you to be creative, you can make fun movies, and get busy for a long time! Cons: There are only two: You can't save your movies then work on them later (although I have solved this problem by making a part 1 part 2 and so on), and that you have to be a paying member to get the full functions.

Overall, this is a fun website, that's lots on fun, and it's extremely good for a free website!
Kid, 9 years old January 19, 2011

Great for all

I love making little videos for my little brother and reading out the words to him I think its a really fun website even for tweens !!

Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2011

Good for all ages! (But they have to know how to type!)

I love this site! I have the VIP membership, witch is EXTRA fun! This site rocks! Some bad kids can go on and post bad words! This one member has a REALLY basd word in his username! The reason I posted all the bad stuff is guys can make a movie on that stuff! So kids sould just FLAG it! Useing the flag button!

Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2011

perfect for tweens

i love it id be perfect for me

Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2010

Cool!

Its a very fun website! Its fun to make the videos ;)
Teen, 14 years old Written byjstarbaby123 November 30, 2010