Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Markiplier

YouTuber can be funny and weird or shocking and crude.

Adult Written byJBaker79 October 13, 2019

He is great for anyone 13+

He reminds me of another YouTuber called Nickscalibur. They are both funny to watch, do great editing on their videos, and occasionally curse while playing games.

Adult Written byHoli H. August 26, 2019

Markiplier is a moron

He's not kid friendly at all. His gaming videos aren't that bad, but he has no filter. On his Marky Makes videos he jokes about sex; making sexual noises, talking about masterbation, rough sex, etc. He cusses, a lot. His friends are just as bad and encourage his behavior. So many bathroom jokes. Everything he does feels fake and forced. He may be the most abnoxious youtuber to date. Watch someone else, almost anyone else.

Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byNightbeat1001 August 26, 2018

Funny in small doses

He has a great sense of humor for the most part but does swear quite a bit. I am 20 years old and my brother 18 and we both can only stand so much cursing and/or dirty jokes/language.

Adult Written byKoolKadabra13 November 27, 2019

Funniest YouTuber I ever watched

Markiplier is one of my Favorite Youtubers that does gameplay! He does occasionally curse, but If you can handle cursing, then I recommend this guy.
Adult Written byAnonymos June 26, 2019
Adult Written byCynder960 October 29, 2018

Adult Written byToxickitty33 October 22, 2018

Great role model for teenagers

I've been watching Markiplier for 3 years now and I think he is one of the best gamers on YouTube. He plays a wide variety of games some violent, some funny and also does reaction videos with his friends. While I think he is sensible I believe he sometimes plays games that could be quite scary for younger audiences. He does curse but not to a great extent and he is a good role model in terms of his kindness and the way he treats others. The reason I put 14+ is the majority of games he plays might be too complex for younger audiences to understand and they're not really games a under 13 year old would enjoy. Markiplier loves his fans dearly and he does try to make all his videos in way that all ages can enjoy them.

Adult Written bykenzie04applepi October 16, 2018

my 14 year old likes him alot

i think he helps kids understand that you can be anything even a youtubr and you can be who ever you want. yeah he curses but still he should get some credit i mean come on my 14 year old hasent laughed this hard in ages because of him raging so hard of a game! and i a single and a tight bond with my daughter i have never made her laugh that much so i thank him for making my daughter laugh.

Adult Written bysml fan September 19, 2018

Veary funny

Very funny and does not curse that much.
Parent of a 11-year-old Written byMeghan A. April 25, 2018
Some episodes I have allowed my 11 year old watch with me because they were cute and had nothing inappropriate but many have a lot of swearing and sexual innuendos. So I think it would be fine for an older teenager to watch on their own but younger kids like preteens a parent will have to review the episode first to decide if it's ok. Markiplier is really funny and he does a lot of charity fundraisers.

Adult Written byGeorgia P. April 14, 2018

An Angel

Literally one of the sweetest human beings on the planet. Does a lot of charity live streams. He does play a lot of horror games and his channel is not meant for young children. He’s a compassionate man with a heart of gold. A must watch channel if you like video games. *Known as the King of Five Nights At Freddy’s*

Adult Written byThe current guy April 1, 2018

Funny and nice

This you tuber can be crude at times but is extremely funny. When you watch his videos you can tell he is a nice guy.

Adult Written bybluntreviewer February 13, 2018

Mark-ing my opinion

What is great: He was a person who had a bad past, but is using his power for good and charity instead of himself.
What is not so good: You need to be a certain age to get the humor (between mid-teens to adult) with some exceptions.
Would I want to meet in Real Life?: Yes
Would I bring a 10-year-old to see him?: No
Would I bring a 65-year-old to see him?: No (in most cases)
Recommendation: Subscribe if you have crude humor or love to see someone play horror games, do not subscribe under 12.
Parent of a 12-year-old Written byandreiairiscord... February 4, 2018

mark!!!

good luck

Adult Written byETHANGaming December 16, 2017

Can be crude he's funny lot of swearing but HIS A GREAT YOUTUBER

I love this YouTuber markiplier he's not very crude he's not racist (like pewdiepie) he's a really good YouTuber and I think when your 14 you are alright to watch him the swearing I mean you 14 the crude humour you would understand...

Adult Written byCarter T. November 29, 2017

My children learned how to make a bomb in the comments

My 11 year old tried to make a weapon by instructions in the comments