Parent reviews for Autodesk Sketchbook

Autodesk Sketchbook Poster Image

An app that promotes creativity!

In May, my son (age 12) was doing a virtual art show using Autodesk Sketchbook! I was very impressed by his creations. I think this is an app that tweens, teens, and even younger kids should absolutely have!

Alright for drawing, but

I Downloaded Autodesk Sketchbook a little while ago, and it is fine for drawing, but when installed it on my new PC, it deleted all my files from my hard drive and the files can not be recovered. 7/10 drawing, 0/10 installation.

Sketchbook Pro is by far the best app currently available for digital drawing/painting.

Its a professional tool and therefore can feel a bit too much when your first getting used to the UI but if you persist you will reap the benefits and be producing professional looking digital art within a few days. The learning curve may be a little steep for younger children but if your young one is at all interested in making art, this is the app to go for. Screen size of the device somewhat restricts the size of the artwork you can export so ideally its suited to tablets rather than phones but you can get stunning results after you've mastered the layers and experimented with the brushes (both layer number and the selection of brushes are limited on the free version but its worth the investment if your young Picasso takes a shine to it)