Parent reviews for Choices: Stories You Play

Cheesy stories require players to choose between options.

Adult Written byPam M. February 1, 2018

Most expensive way to read a story!

You cannot progress very far into a story without having to pay for characters clothing options and using purchasable diamonds to select choices or buy keys just to unlock the next chapter. The choices are actually quite limited and any you do want to make will cost $

Adult Written byChristina S. February 7, 2018

Far Too Expensive

You have to earn diamonds to buy outfits in the story, which impacts the story itself. Or use the diamonds to buy special scenes that affect your relationship with the characters. You earn one diamond per chapter completed and the average cost of diamonds for one choice is 25. Also, if you go through a story again you will NOT earn diamonds even if you make different choices.

Aunt Written byHolly H. March 26, 2018

very expensive, don’t bother.

I downloaded this game to see what all the fuss was about with my niece. And I got to say I am very disappointed. All the ‘good choices’ require diamonds, normally I’m okay with that but how you get the diamonds is ridiculous. So after each chapter you earn ONE DIAMOND!!! That would be okay if only the diamond count on the ‘good choices’ were realistic. I would expect that the diamond choices would be like many at most 5-10 diamonds, but no. Some of the ones I have seen are at upmost to 35 DIAMONDS!!! That is absolutely ridiculous!! And if you want more diamonds, you have to pay a hearty amount to get them. But if your like me, you want the cheap route. So I was searching through the web to see If I could find something that can give me free diamonds, but they are all this hack, and human verification things that just waist peoples time and give away your personal information. I have tryed a lot of the cites and I have yet to find one that works. But in the end the stories are very good, I love them. But they are not age appropriate! They have make out scenes and violence, I don’t want my niece to be exposed to this kind of stuff. But the whole app itself is just a scam, I wouldn’t waist my time on it.

Adult Written byMelissa H March 14, 2018

Inappropriate for kids

Why is this game being targeted toward young people. It seems very inappropriate for kids under 17. The animation, music and, styling is geared to attract young kids. It’s rated 12+ with very adult themes as in pregnancy with the choices being find the father and don’t tell him. I would NEVER let my daughters play this game. If a cartoon camel on a pack of cigarettes is inappropriate, why is this?

Adult Written bychawk1993 June 15, 2018

Don't listen to the naysayers

I LOVE this game. I've been playing it for a while. Yes, you only get two keys, but you earn keys are you play chapters. It is NOT a scam. Why do people insist on going online for hacks and cheats?! Also, what parent allows their child to do this. Whatever happened to waiting the two hours for a key. If you're really desperate, buy the keys and gems. Episode's the same. Also, Pixelberry doesn't create the hacks and cheats as people think they do. People make it LOOK like they did. Just follow the rules people!

Adult Written byMatthew D. April 23, 2018

Good but needs improvement.

I really like games like this where you can make choices and the story changes. The stories available in this game are actually pretty well written in terms of plot, but the dialog seems rather amateur and you can hear the writers voice after going through a few stories. They always use the same slang and style of speech. It's definitely geared to the high school crowd. Even in the more mature storylines about adults, the writer constantly refers to high school or other childish things. There is a heavy slant to forced homosexuality in many of the stories, which is rather frustrating. One wrong choice and the main character is a lesbian!

Parent of a 15 year old Written bygabbzzz o April 10, 2018

Awesome

It's a really good and addictive game

Parent Written byTripleP1005 June 30, 2018

Highly inappropriate for anyone under 18 and very expensive to play!

So I decided to try this game out to see what it was all about. The game itself is entertaining enough and it's cool to be able to choose how you want the story to go. However I have two big concerns with this game. First off it's rated for teens in the app store, meaning 13 and above. While there are some stories that may be okay for that age group for the most part the stories are geared towards adults. Some of the intimate scenes are extremely graphic, there was one that even made me blush and I'm an adult with a healthy understanding and appreciation for such things. These are things would only be spelled out in such detail in 'mature' adult literature. Seriously, if you allow your teen to play this game it's best to monitor it so you can be sure as a parent you are okay with the content. My other problem with this game is that as others have mentioned it is expensive. Any premium option is going to cost diamonds, that you must purchase with actual money, and these premium options are often needed for the story to develop. For each chapter of a book you play there are at least 2-3 premium options easily costing $1.99-$4.99 for the diamonds needed to choose one or more of those options for that chapter. Play more than one book and choosing the premium options could easily begin costing you upwards of $30-$40 a week. There is only one way to earn diamonds without paying for it but you are greatly limited in the amount your can earn so this game is indeed a money pit.

Adult Written byStaci H. May 12, 2018

It took my money!.....

I downloaded this app and I got really into it. Even my boyfriend laid and watched me play for a long time the other night. Today, I added my credit card to my payment options and I was going to buy diamonds to pay for an outfit on the game. The game said that 20 diamonds costs $1.99. The payment went through but when I checked my bank account it had taken over $12 out of my account! I'm not sure what to do! I'm just thankful it didn't take all of my money. Don't download this app, and if you do, don't purchase anything.

Adult Written byFuckoffcunt01 August 7, 2018

Disgusting app!

sort your app out! its an outrage i cant keep outfits i have to stagger hours through of firsy chapters to earn diamonds to buy! it actially makes me feel bad about myself looking like a tramp in these stories when i far from condone that in real life. at least allow people to watch more adverts to earn them! this is probably the worse story app ive tried and i when i complwte the shitty royal wedding story; il be deleting it! i give this a big zero out of five stars. how the hell do you think a teenage girls self esteem would feel playing this?! you could end being responsable for suicide with this pathetic lay out of an app! you should be shut down, and im gonna keep reporting you to google until you do! disgusting! And im appalled ive had to give my details just to write this sodding review! I have a right to sue for lack of privacy!

Adult Written byJackie C. March 27, 2018

Took my money and now the app doesn't work!

I was already in book 3 of the story and decided to try out buying a pack of diamonds for $5.99. Now the app won't even open! It has been stuck on the loading page for over a week. I tried to re-install the app and restart my phone, so now I am out $6.00 and it doesn't even let me play the game. I'm very disappointed. I was enjoying the storyline up to that point.

Adult Written byAmazingGabriel16 July 14, 2018

Good stories at start.

This game is actually pretty good in a way as in how the stories play out. I love the diamond choices, though the stories eventually become a bit boring when you start to realise it’s like the other ones in a way using the same formula, but I like it. The diamonds are expensive so I’ve put a method at the very bottom on the method to gaining the unlimited diamonds without the scam. The keys you’ll just have to wait and I would say is a fair and good way to preveny addiction and make you spend time in the real outside world. Mr money bags. Sadly though as adressed in other reviews, this game does empty you wallets in less than 1 day if your too addicted. All the diamond choices cost way too much even after the update where they’ve actually decreased it significantly and has given you the option to get 3 diamonds if you watch and add at the end of completing a chapter for an extra diamond. Easy to use indeed! The game UI is so nice and smooth and easy to find what you want as well as a way to contact the developers through the settings button. Too much to deinking references, the thing is that these aren’t even a diamond choice at times and can expose your child to a lot of drinking. From fiery cocktails in Rules Of Engagement to fancy wine in Endless Summer. To much sex, although this is a diamond choice. This happens especially when your character is in a relationship with a love interest, the frequency will increase with The Freshman jumping to it straight away on the first few chapters with Chris. Although there is little exposure with the only thing being exposed is commonly the bra on women and a bare chest for men, the detail that pixelberry goes into when they do it is the reason why I’ve picked too much sex. To a point at which things are described to in the text about things kids shouldn’t know about at least until older. Safety With a game this big and with cash so few, kids would be searching as many possible hacks as they can with all of it being a SCAM with fake automated reviews, fake scripts and fake human verifications. Please parents when trying to find methods of finding stuff like this on the internet ensure you understand what a scam looks like, and kids, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING AND RUN FOR A PERIOD OF TIME OR GO THROUGH THE HUMAN VERIFICATION. Hacks There is of course a way that you can gain free diamonds (the diamonds will not be subtracted from your account and will not be used). This is for those who don’t and/or can’t spend money on this credit card draining game. Get your Andoird phone or Emulator and download from the internet (not Google Play), AC Market. Once fully installed properly simply search Choices and click download (may take a few tries due to their bad download system). Run choices and log into your Facebook to save progress and have the ability to run it on IOS as well. Play the game and watch as those diamonds never get lower again. This is the true hack for your safety so you don’t get fooled again and again. If you play on IOS and you spend diamonds it will get deducted. If you play on the non-modified application you will use the diamonds just like if you buy a clothing inside the closet bot during the story in which your choice to do so without going into the closet appears. Thanks and give this review a good thumbs up if it helped or anything!

Adult Written byKdllBaxter June 30, 2018

It’s Fine

My 12 year old daughter recently asked me to download the choices app, at first I was skeptical about this app as it contains some topics not so suitable for children but after looking deeper into the app I realized that it’s not such a bad app, even though there’s some sensitive topics it’s pretty cool app. I’ve watched my daughter play and realized that in some stories it lets her make adult decisions as she may in the real world. I would say this app is good when choosing the right stories, I would also recommend limiting the stories to the ones that aren’t too much for your child to handle. This app is good for any child 13+ and maybe even a mature 12year old.

Adult Written byPissedMama June 20, 2018

Too Expensive, Money PIT

First of all any choice that may improve a relationship between characters or outfit changes cost diamonds. A choice is equal to $1.99 which ONLY gives you 20 diamonds. Chances to gain diamonds in the game are 1 per chapter and if a video pops up to view you get one. Otherwise this game forces you to open up your wallet! It is insane. Its not even that creative or with animation just screen shots.

Adult Written byKelea August 4, 2018

Scam

You will be promoted to watch ads for coins (or ‘diamonds’) only to be told ‘there are technical problems’ and the coins are never credited to your account. The entire game is designed to get people to use real money to buy your way through the only interesting options. It should be renamed ‘Choice... when you pay for it. I think the people behind the game are pretty corrupt to be honest. They’ll shut it down once it gets audited.

Adult Written byCharmed1517 July 30, 2018
Personally I think that Choices is the best interactive stories app out there. While yes they do contain descriptive scenes of a sexual nature and some stories contain the mention of alcohol and violence, the stories are also well written, addictive, humorous, extremely diverse as the player is mainly able to control the gender, race and sexuality of their character and they allow you the chance to make decisions similar to those in real life. Sometimes it can be infuriating at how long it takes to save up diamonds as your only given one after each new chapter but your also offered the option to watch a 30 second ad after every chapter regardless of whether you’ve already played it or not and honestly pixelberry (The people who created the app) are a small company that have to find a way to make a profit - it’s unreasonable to expect them to allow all choices to be free, or easy to save up for; the choices also have to make the readers want to buy diamonds, but buying them is optional you can just play other chapters and save up diamonds before going back to a diamond choice you want to make. Most choices are simply just outfits or alone time with a love interest, while they do make small differences in the storyline they usually don’t effect the endings. Overall while it does have its downsides (what app doesn’t though?) it also contains a wide variety of story genres, beautiful artwork, unique characters and a very passionate fandom that manages to overlook any of its faults; I think that this app is suitable for anybody age 12+ as it does contain stories that have no scenes of sexual nature and pursuing those scenes are completely optional.

Adult Written byVinleo July 27, 2018

Choices

It started out good but as you progressed in the game you need to aqquire keys to move on to the next chapter and diamonds to buy outfits and do certain challenges. Well they basically ROB you with real money. Why ask for so much in diamonds.

Adult Written byCahaya July 10, 2018

Weak story lines, not meant for young teens

I enjoy reading interactive fiction, but the story lines in this app are weak and contrived. Choices have some impact in the short term but rarely affect the final ending. Collect diamonds as you play and save the diamonds for critical junctures in the story, usually near the end. You can progress just fine without spending diamonds. Many diamond choices are trivial and you shouldn't waste your diamonds on them. These stories are not meant for children or young teens, but maybe okay for older teens already in the know about sexuality. Some scenes of two people falling in love and hitting the sheets (or hay) are graphic in nature, more in the way of text description found in adult sex fiction, but not graphically displayed in pictures. I tried a few stories and will seek out other interactive fiction apps to play, mainly because of the weak and contrived story lines.

Adult Written byE._Starcracker June 24, 2018

USE YOUR HEADS

The ones looking for HACKS and EASY SHORTCUTS to get what they want are calling the game a scam. USE YOUR HEADS. Who makes an easy cheat for their own product? Who even encourages hacking their own product? Every computer software and program I encountered discourages that. If it were that easy, everyone would do it. If the ones who looked for hacks are indeed parents, then I sincerely hope you won’t teach your kids to find a ‘free’ easy way out that’s not even worth the effort. Accessing content you have to pay for while not even paying anything is STEALING. Are you really going to commit a crime just because you want full access to a game? Is this what parents are teaching their kids now? What happened to being a good example to them? Anyway, to the ones complaining about diamonds (which I actually agree with) it looks like the company heard you and has given users the option to watch an ad after each play to earn a diamond. I’m only giving it a 4-Star rating because the themes really are meant for people in their late teens and older. I’m thinking the app is best for 16+. With parental guidance. If they’re teenagers, they’re bound to learn about this stuff at some point. And they need their parents to guide them. Approaching these themes through a game provides less risk than learning about them through real life experiences in a social setting. I majored in child development and a lot of psychological problems that develop in teenagers stem from their social interactions with both peers and family. It may be difficult for many to talk about embarrassing real life problems, especially if they THINK they have it figured out. But talking about gaming experiences is usually much easier because none of it is real. But you need to listen to them. This game could be a useful tool. But, like any tool, it must be used properly.

Adult Written byAbrielle20 August 23, 2018

WHERE DO I EVEN START?

It is a very expensive game and also hard to earn diamonds, the keys also take way too long to regenerate. The cliffhangers from finishing one book... honestly annoyed me. It's kind of too dramatic, and the Royal Wedding was very pressuresome. I didn't really do far into other books but they honestly felt too dramatic for me, maybe because I'm someone who tries to resolve actions without fighting as much as possible or unnecessary arguments (even though I'm only 20) just me. I didn't really appreciate the way book 1 ended for the Royal Wedding and then the ending of book 2 just made me delete the game because I just could not carry on anymore. I felt my actually mood being disturbed after playing the game and if something isn't contributing to my happiness, I don't want it. These type of games probably mess up young people, some stimulating games, I remembered trying two others before ( like this one) and one was just really terrible. Wouldn't be something I'd like to see younger teens being apart of, so when some say that they really like the games, it's kind of sad honestly. Also trying to earn more keys and diamonds from sites don't work because of the human verification, and it just feels like scam. Also, the necessity of me giving my information before posting a review couldn't be avoided? There's probably more but I forgot them at the moment.