Parent reviews for Choices: Stories You Play

Cheesy stories require players to choose between options.

Adult Written byConcerned and O... March 4, 2018

Alert! SCAM! Do NOT allow your children to download this app!

As stated in previous reviews, it is incredibly difficult to earn diamonds and keys if you are playing the game as intended. This is INTENTIONAL. When you search how to earn diamonds and/or keys, the first thing that pops up is a Choices Hack that allows you to earn unlimited diamonds/keys, but in order for the hack to work, you must complete a human verification that requires you to watch a YouTube video, share POSITIVE REVIEWS of Choices on social media platforms, and download apps to run and run them for 30 seconds or sign up for free trials. The downloaded apps REQUEST ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA. The hack is scam to collect personal information/data/allow access to your device and exploit their target audience (children and young adults) who do not understand the ramifications of what they are doing. Of course the app designers will say they do not support the use of hacks, cheats, etc. and cannot be held responsible for third party actions, but the hack is very obviously designed by the same company- just take a look at their YouTube videos. Do not allow your children to download this app! In addition to some of the content being age inappropriate, the game is designed to to be so challenging, children/young adults will do ANYTHING to obtain the necessary diamonds/keys that can either be bought with real money or download the hack. The app designers need to be reported and this app needs to be pulled from the App Store. What makes things FAR worse is the way this app is marketed- as if the designers are attempting to “help” teenagers deal with issues they face daily in high school such as sexuality, bullying, eating disorders, etc. Makes me physically ill.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byPam M. February 1, 2018

Most expensive way to read a story!

You cannot progress very far into a story without having to pay for characters clothing options and using purchasable diamonds to select choices or buy keys just to unlock the next chapter. The choices are actually quite limited and any you do want to make will cost $

Adult Written byChristina S. February 7, 2018

Far Too Expensive

You have to earn diamonds to buy outfits in the story, which impacts the story itself. Or use the diamonds to buy special scenes that affect your relationship with the characters. You earn one diamond per chapter completed and the average cost of diamonds for one choice is 25. Also, if you go through a story again you will NOT earn diamonds even if you make different choices.

Adult Written byMelissa H March 14, 2018

Inappropriate for kids

Why is this game being targeted toward young people. It seems very inappropriate for kids under 17. The animation, music and, styling is geared to attract young kids. It’s rated 12+ with very adult themes as in pregnancy with the choices being find the father and don’t tell him. I would NEVER let my daughters play this game. If a cartoon camel on a pack of cigarettes is inappropriate, why is this?

Aunt Written byHolly H. March 26, 2018

very expensive, don’t bother.

I downloaded this game to see what all the fuss was about with my niece. And I got to say I am very disappointed. All the ‘good choices’ require diamonds, normally I’m okay with that but how you get the diamonds is ridiculous. So after each chapter you earn ONE DIAMOND!!! That would be okay if only the diamond count on the ‘good choices’ were realistic. I would expect that the diamond choices would be like many at most 5-10 diamonds, but no. Some of the ones I have seen are at upmost to 35 DIAMONDS!!! That is absolutely ridiculous!! And if you want more diamonds, you have to pay a hearty amount to get them. But if your like me, you want the cheap route. So I was searching through the web to see If I could find something that can give me free diamonds, but they are all this hack, and human verification things that just waist peoples time and give away your personal information. I have tryed a lot of the cites and I have yet to find one that works. But in the end the stories are very good, I love them. But they are not age appropriate! They have make out scenes and violence, I don’t want my niece to be exposed to this kind of stuff. But the whole app itself is just a scam, I wouldn’t waist my time on it.

Adult Written byMatthew D. April 23, 2018

Good but needs improvement.

I really like games like this where you can make choices and the story changes. The stories available in this game are actually pretty well written in terms of plot, but the dialog seems rather amateur and you can hear the writers voice after going through a few stories. They always use the same slang and style of speech. It's definitely geared to the high school crowd. Even in the more mature storylines about adults, the writer constantly refers to high school or other childish things. There is a heavy slant to forced homosexuality in many of the stories, which is rather frustrating. One wrong choice and the main character is a lesbian!

Adult Written byJackie C. March 27, 2018

Took my money and now the app doesn't work!

I was already in book 3 of the story and decided to try out buying a pack of diamonds for $5.99. Now the app won't even open! It has been stuck on the loading page for over a week. I tried to re-install the app and restart my phone, so now I am out $6.00 and it doesn't even let me play the game. I'm very disappointed. I was enjoying the storyline up to that point.

Adult Written byStaci H. May 12, 2018

It took my money!.....

I downloaded this app and I got really into it. Even my boyfriend laid and watched me play for a long time the other night. Today, I added my credit card to my payment options and I was going to buy diamonds to pay for an outfit on the game. The game said that 20 diamonds costs $1.99. The payment went through but when I checked my bank account it had taken over $12 out of my account! I'm not sure what to do! I'm just thankful it didn't take all of my money. Don't download this app, and if you do, don't purchase anything.

Privacy & Safety
Parent of a 15 year old Written bygabbzzz o April 10, 2018

Awesome

It's a really good and addictive game

Adult Written bychawk1993 June 15, 2018

Don't listen to the naysayers

I LOVE this game. I've been playing it for a while. Yes, you only get two keys, but you earn keys are you play chapters. It is NOT a scam. Why do people insist on going online for hacks and cheats?! Also, what parent allows their child to do this. Whatever happened to waiting the two hours for a key. If you're really desperate, buy the keys and gems. Episode's the same. Also, Pixelberry doesn't create the hacks and cheats as people think they do. People make it LOOK like they did. Just follow the rules people!