Kid reviews for Clash of Clans

Multiplayer mode enlivens freemium combat strategy game.

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2014

Best strategy game ever!

With beautiful graphics, no blood or violence and the aspect of strategy, anyone could enjoy this game!

Kid, 10 years old November 25, 2014

Nicely made, but not for kids

I'm speaking for my kids today, because I was appalled by this game. Kids can chat and give away any information with anyone in the world and can hook up to all sorts of social media like Google+ and Facebook with not even any passwords! The game is violent, and players are allowed to barge in and destroy other people's game creations that they spent coins and time making. Also, plenty of adults play the game and can utter any swear word in the chat area for other little kids to hear because there is no blocking. Not even teenagers should play this.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymultifacetednerd June 18, 2014

Set up clear limits for your kid

A central part of this game is joining a clan, a group of players who can chat freely with one another. If you are a parent reading this, and you are concerned about this factor, I recommend having your child form or join a clan of their personal friends. If this is done, and your child refrains from global chat, this game provides a perfectly safe environment. There is very little gore, no swearing, besides the stranger issue this is a very safe and appropriate game for kids

Teen, 15 years old Written byMedestroyer April 13, 2015

Perfect for Siblings

Clash of Clans is a free to play Sandbox game and in my opinion as a 15 Year old. Its great! I have been playing this game ever since I was 13 years old and it was particularly fun to play it with my little brother. It encourages kids to share (Donating troops in Clans) and learning to accept loss (Losing in attacks). The only negative parts about this game is the global chat which makes it so a player could mentally and verbally abuse your child. But there are small chances of those players appearing in your chat. You should also set rules for this game. For example you should tell your kids not to buy in-app purchases without your permission. Anyways in my opinion 7 and older is a perfect age for this game!

Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2015

It's cool

It's really cool. I use it, along with a few of my friends. You have to watch out a little bit on the global chat, but clan chat now has admins that enforce the rules. It's really good strategy. Soldiers do die, but it doesn't show any blood or gore, or any graphic violence. So only minor violence. It can get addicting if you don't be careful. It offers in-app purchases with real money, so be carful and don't blow your cash away. But overall, it's a good pastime.

Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2014

Clash of clans is very good

This game is great fun. The creators of this game are very smart and creative. This game is very addictive. It is a game of strategy and skill. It makes you think and that's why I like it. There is allot of consumerism because if you want to get good you either have to play for a long time or make a in app purchase which costs allot of real money. This has a a bit of language because you can swear in the chat box and you can talk to strangers. There can be positive role models and messages but it depends if your in a good clan. I don't have a rate for drugs because there isn't any drugs in the game. There isn't any sex in this game because it's not about that. I gave a violence rating of 2 because you can destroy other peoples bases. Over all this game is lots of fun and action packed.

Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2014

clash of clans

it has some violence and can be very addicting it can be confusing sometimes but overall it is a great and fun game just make sure that your child does not give any personal information to strangers.
Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2014

fun and strategic

Clash of Clans is not a math game or anything, but it is stratigic because you have to build a good defense against attackers with a limited amount of resourses and buildings. Warning: It can be addictive and has app purchases in it, so you might be tempted to buy gems with real money. The consept is a little violent, but there is NO blood and gore in the game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPlayful_X_raccoon September 25, 2014

Great!!!

Its very good for learning how to build things and set things up. Although troops do die. So.....

Teen, 17 years old Written byHarry P. March 6, 2015

Clash of Clans: An experienced player's opinion

I'm going to be honest; the game is addicting. It is very enjoyable, but can suck your money right out of your pockets in a jiffy.The game has a global chat feature which has many people advertising their "clans" and occasionally some language. The worst that the game gets us if they are in a clan with people who swear like sailors. Clans are groups which allow people to play, chat, and enjoy company of each other, as well as compete in wars with. Make sure to check that the clan your kid is in is safe. Also, your child should know his netticate saftey rules before playing. The language is no worse than a 7th grade setting though. Beyond this, the game's violence is minimal, with no fire or blood. If you know you can trust your child, this game is fine for them. (I have played the game since release so I would know)
Teen, 14 years old Written byILuvMovies139 January 24, 2015

Amazing yet addicting battle/ combat game!

Clash of clans is an amazing game that is appropriate for children 9 and above. The game offers a challenge for new players and is all about strategy and decision making. The only reason why this game can be innapropriate is because of the in-game chat system which is accessible to any player around the world. Players can also join a clan, or an alliance and can test their strength by fighting against another random clan in a clan war.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymypie15 December 10, 2014

Great Game, Only a few Social Problems

Clash of Clans is a great strategy, that is simple initially, but becomes more challenging as the game goes on. The game has some extremely light violence (nothing graphic or blood) and players are able to exert their competitive spirit in the game. The game is very good content wise, and has only one issue: it's social capability. In the game, players are able to join clans, and chat with clan members, as well as say things in a global chat system. While being in a clan can be very advantageous, sometimes it can be a problem. For children under 13, it's best to find a clan that is friendly to younger members, and may keep profanity and inappropriate conversation to a minimum. The global chat system does have a profanity filter, and though this works well, players can very easily bypass it. Also, there are often times conversations that take place in the global chat that are completely inappropriate for anyone to be having on a public chat room. Besides this, however, the game is very good for children older than 10.

Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2014

Clash of Clans

Clash of Clans is a fun strategic game where you build your base, train your troops, and attack other villages. this game would be appropriate for any age, but kids must be older in order to understand what they are doing, and how to do it.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2015

E10

I think ths game should be rated E10. It's pretty tame but you can still kill people though. I would rate it E10 for cartoon violence

Teen, 17 years old Written byno more lies March 23, 2017

Kill it

Worst game you could ever play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCub5 October 15, 2015

Money grabbing bad game

Don't bother with this game. Supercell brand it as a "strategy" game but there is no strategy. You just deploy your troops and they go ambling around and whack at everything that comes their way and you can't even control them in battle. There's the gem thing as well, the company want you to pay real money so you can skip ridiculous wait times. You have to wait up to 14 days in real time for your town hall to upgrade unless you pay real money. And payers get big advantages so it isn't a fair game, it's pay to win. It's not really violent, it's a battle game NOT a game in which the objective is to condone violence and inflict harm on innocent civilians, so don't worry about that. Last thing, the global chat. If a post receives 7 reports the player gets a ban for 24 hours, not a very good system. Members of a clan could easily just team up to all report the leader of a clan they're at war with, and even if he/she did nothing wrong, they'd be banned. Only let your child join a clan with people they know, or a clan that bans inappropriate messages, and leave if you see them in your clan chat. Or just don't join one. Don't bother with this game, it's really overrated and loads of people think it's good but it's not.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy February 2, 2015

Addicting

I used to play this a lot, it gets addicting. Don't spend real money though, no matter how much you need dragons or a town hall level 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywvms7thgrader November 19, 2014

Get this app!!!!!

Clash of Clans is the best for children because they learn to control their village and attack other people.

Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2014

Clash of clans review

I think you should allow children to play it its fun there can be a tiny bit of swearing but no one knows your age which is good its an awesome fun game which teaches strategy this is really good.But gems cost a lot.So CLASH ON!

Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2015

Clans Are the Only Issue

Clash of Clans is a high quality game without major violence. The inappropriate part about the game is the clans. The adults that play the game cuss a lot though making the game dangerous for elementary children. If your child doesn't want to be in a clan, the game would be appropriate for children at 8. Also, beware that once you buy your child ONE in-game purchase, your child can buy what ever they want with YOUR credit card!