Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for codeSpark Academy

Visual code meets story-based game; kids learn by doing.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byTara R. March 25, 2018

App now requires monthly payment

We downloaded the app only to find out that you get a 7 day free trial followed by a monthly payment of $7.99. Never played the game. Deleted the app and will look for something else.

Adult Written bytmcallister2 June 26, 2018

I love this app!

I use and have used many other coding apps with my students...This App is a cut above the rest! Of all of the apps I use, my students always want to see what new and exciting features this app has. I've found ways to both use this app during my coding electives and have found ways to integrate this with the classroom curriculum.

Adult Written bychristineeaves January 24, 2019

Love The Foos by Codespark!

I've been teaching with The Foos by Codespark since they first came out and have been a big fan ever since. My young students love the characters and the challenges. The puzzles start out with easy and concepts and quickly move into more challenging coding problems that require critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and help teach kids sequencing and loops. Love it!

Parent of a 7 year old Written bybeckymmcdowell November 5, 2018

Way More Than Meets the Eye

Unlike some other coding apps, the learning doesn't stop after you beat all the levels. This app has lots of depth for the coding puzzles and we love the mini-games and design/create sections. We also love the updates like storytelling and the new mini-game. I teach PreK-5 and this is my students' favorite coding app, even my older kids request it!

Adult Written byGuillaumeCapon September 16, 2018

Code Spark Academy: A great app to start coding

Hello, I'm a teacher in Dubai. I'm using this App with my Grade 2 students and i'm training all the teachers of my school to use this app. It's a great way to understand the basic concept of programming( sequences, loop etc). The graphics are very nice and it's really easy for a teacher to see how far the students went and to help them go further. As a parent now , i think it can be one of the really few app where the kids are both having fun and learning at the same time...

Parent Written bylbohaty July 9, 2018

Love the Foos!!

I love the Foos. It is a great way for beginning coders to learn how to sequence and build algorithms. Kids love playing and love how it get more challenging in every level. Kids are learning coding skills while they are playing.

Adult Written bytinkerbots July 9, 2018

An amazing educational coding game

This app/program is a great for children, they playing along thinking its a game but in fact they are learning and developing skill which are fundamental in their education. The children learn how to debug and problem solve. Whilst having fun in a safe controlled environment.

Adult Written byajohnson0809 April 26, 2019

The best Coding Game EVER!

I am a K-5 Technology/STEM teacher and my kids go crazy for this app. It is by far their favorite coding game. It is a great game for kids to use their critical thinking skills and creative problem solving. The kids love the characters and challenges the game has to offer. They could spend hours playing it and they don't even know they are learning. Easy enough for my Kinders and challenging enough for my older kiddos.
Adult Written byMLK14 March 25, 2019

GREAT TEACHING AID

A wonderful way to teach coding in the classroom. Comes with Lesson Plans for teachers and students love the 'game' aspect of the app. Wonderful for both coding concepts and computational thinking/problem solving skills.

Adult Written bycathyzan March 7, 2019

Use codeSpark to Teach Basic Coding to Younger Children

Looking for coding activities for younger students? CodeSpark is an excellent program to help younger children learn to code (ages 5-8). Sequencing skills learned in codeSpark Academy can enhance early literacy and mathematics. Self-directed lessons are created to help students work independently and skills are reinforced as students complete sequential learning blocks. It's a great way to teach younger students how to code and fun while they learn. CodeSpark also incorporates empathy, creativity, and logic.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bydwenaus February 9, 2019

more silly game then learning game

kids love this game, but I really question the educational value. they just like to name the animals, and feed them but don't really learn about loops, etc. It's also quite expensive.

Adult Written bygboston February 4, 2019

Very Engaging Coding App!

This is a fantastic app for teaching your primary student how to code! It's very user friendly! The children love getting to know the characters as they complete and move on to next level.

Adult Written bylprodriguez January 25, 2019

Engaging

I am a librarian and love to include the use of technology, and love to make everything fun. CodeSpark allows the students to expand their creativity and embrace technology, giving the power and knowledge they will need in our technology driven society.

Adult Written bykefalastech December 13, 2018

Coding Fun

Code Spark is great for a wide range of students. The characters are fun and the students LOVE coding through this app. The levels develop appropriately and keeps the children motivated.

Adult Written byMr_A December 4, 2018

THE app to use for coding with littles

This is THE app to use for coding with littles. This has everything I was looking for in an app. I can check on student progress and assign individualized levels. Every student that has ever used the app LOVES it. With codeSpark Academy students that can't even read can still learn to code. The app features robust activities, very user friendly interface, and gets students excited about programming.

Parent Written byStephanie G. October 16, 2018

Great

I think this is awesome.
Adult Written byAaron F. August 30, 2018

Educator Endorsement

As an educator of this amazing app, I wholeheartedly endorse its ability to teach students about many coding and programming concepts in a fun and engaging way. Many apps available today strive to do what codeSpark Academy has created, but fall short everytime.

Adult Written byjemling July 12, 2018

Great coding intro

codeSpark Academy is a great app to introduce coding to young learners! It is simple to use and understand by the youngest minds. codeSpark introduces basic coding concepts in an easy to follow manner. Learners use a block style coding that makes it easier to begin. From codeSpark, students can go anywhere. Highly recommend!

Adult Written byLeonardo N. June 9, 2018

Best app for teaching coding for kids!

If you want to introduce your child to code, this is the app to use. It's very intuitive and kids love the characters! I have been using this app to teach our classes with great success.

Parent Written byJon H. June 1, 2017

This is a great intro to code.

Being a programmer I fully understand this - I learned to code at a similar age (basic) typing in games from magazines then modding them for fun. My eldest loves it - gets sucked in for hours. I suspect he'll be onto older age group soon... It's a great tool for learning the fundamentals of programming in a practical and fun way. I would give 10 *'s if i could.