Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Despicable Me: Minion Rush

Adorable minions run endlessly in derivative game.

Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written bywakeham March 17, 2014

Commercials for Tokens

This is a fun game where a minion runs on and on collecting bananas. You can unlock many worlds to run in, or costumes and abilities for your minion. It's really fun, my kid loves it. My problem is that the game is really miserly with tokens, the premium currency. And they want you to buy tokens with real cash, which is easy enough to turn off. But then even with my web browser off and in-app purchases off, I still can't stop it from allowing my son to earn tokens by watching commercials. That's just disturbing.

Adult Written byKidradical September 29, 2015

Rip off

Game is a complete waste of time. Full of cheats and constantly trying to sell you upgrades. Just another euro trash company ripping off America.
Adult Written byMark_DX June 25, 2015

In-app purchases are the main priority in this game

In order to use all the features in the game and to progress you will need to spend money on this game, and quite a bit of it. My daughter plays this and My Little Pony from Gameloft and the in-app purchases are ridiculously expensive, and necessary, if you don't want to spend months and months only to make very little progress. And based on my experience with the Gameloft's customer service, they don't seem to care about their customers or fixing glitches in their games. Avoid this game, and any other's from Gameloft, unless you like having your kids asking you to spend lots of money on "free" games. Thankfully, I had in-app purchases turned off as you can spend hundreds of dollars in a couple of clicks.

Written byAnonymous July 15, 2015

was fun

This game was fun but now you have to do missions. No more free play. Its not fun anymore.

Ease of Play