All teen and kid member reviews for DragonVale

Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2016

Extremely Addicting

Best game ever, I don't really understand why people are saying it's a 'scheme', just don't buy it! Earn it! It's really easy. But anyway, really awesome game and I really approve of people over 8 installing it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRainapple April 7, 2012

Great!

Educational Value- It teaches kids how to deal with money, and land, and how to strategically place things. I personally liked this app. Violence- None. Sex-None. I mean, come on, a breeding cave? Language-None Consumerism- Your child might be tempted to buy "Treasure" such as treats, gems, and coins, but I think you can set a lock on it. Drinking-None Ease of Use- Simple. Drag-and-Drop Privacy-The worst it can possibly get is visiting someone else's island. No comments, pictures, nothing.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

Appropriate but a scheme to get kids money

Its a good game, and its appropriate (its not like seeing two dragons fly around with heart symbols over them in the breeding cave is innapropriate), but if you dont have about 20 dollars to spend on DragonVale every day then your going to have to wait a long time to hatch dragon eggs or haverst dragon fruit or whatever you want to do.
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2013

Parents, Watch out for this game

This game is a complete scam built for kids but completely about the money. My child who is 11 plays this game and loves it, but there are still many problems, like the in app purchases, and he racked up a bill that cost almost 200 $! Parents, if you ever let your child play this game, you should disable the in app purchases.
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2012

BOSS

this game i play. i have 10 rainbow dragons! parents that think that this game is 14 years up is way to crazy! It is really easy and fun! Yeah, you can buy stuff by accident, but if you can't trust your kid, fix your settings!!! It also kinda helps for future life
Kid, 9 years old May 23, 2014

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I play this all the time and am adicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old August 1, 2012

DragonVale, by Backflip Studios

The MOST problem is, the Consumerism. It has you paying REAL money to get things easie, such as treats, gems, and Gold. It is similar to My Town 2.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2012

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR PARENTS

I have something to say parents of "overspending childs", I have a little tip. I read your comments. The dragons will NOT DIE. I lost my iPod for 2 weeks and got like 7 reminders for my dragons, and they appear to be alive. And here's another one. Later updates will include to have the stuff and all of that. This tip will save you money. I know I'm just a kid, but that doesn't mean I can't make a difference to help 2 things: Kids have fun and parents saving money. If this comment has any problems reply.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2017

Fun game with many in-app purchases.

This is a fun game with many in-app purchases. Even though it is appropriate for ages 4 and up, some children that age will not be patient enough to wait eight hours instead of buying gems with real money. That's why I rated it 7+, however if you can trust your child at a younger age then go ahead and get them this. I rated this two stars because it seems fun and interesting but it's hard to progress without spending money, so the game gets really slow. Also, I find it slightly difficult to play, and I'm usually good at these kinds of games. I know a five year old who loves this game and says it's really easy. Finally, Dragonvale seems to have frequent crashes, but maybe that's just my tablet, not the game. Overall Dragonvale is a great game if you are patient enough to wait awhile without spending money.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBenjamin12367 September 16, 2016

Very good game

This game is very fun and good for any age really. The only bad thing is Magic and wizards, but it's not inappropriate in any way. You can buy stuff in the game so as long as your kid knows not to buy it then you should be fine. The dragons are very fun and cute and no way scary at all. I would say everyone should get this game but it's your choice.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe_wise_lamb October 12, 2015

This game is extremely fun. I've been playing this game for a year or 2 and it's been great, I think this game is fine for all children. if they are less responsible turn off in app purchases but if they're responsible and know not to abuse the in app purchases then it should be perfectly fine. Overall this game is a fun experience. However I would not consider it a learning game.
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2013

come on common sense media

first off this game is super easy to handle if you pay attention at the beginning! AMAZING game. and really common sense media its a BREEEDING cave NOT innapropriat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if you are careful enuf you wont buy ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2012

drgonvail

I downloaded this app for my moms iphone yesterday and i already worked up 242$! but it was easy to get the charges removed. Other than that its a good game!