Kid reviews for Episode -- Choose Your Story

Mature themes, purchases in stories teens read and create.

Teen, 15 years old Written byFruitLoop October 3, 2016

BAD!

This is disgusting

Teen, 13 years old Written byKai_ April 30, 2017

DISGUSTING AND REVOLTING

I HATE THIS. I tried playing because I love choosing my own fate in games, but this is terrible. Nobody should ever make a game like this and it disgusted me that so many people contributed to this game. The ads are even worse. I was playing a game with my friends who were both 8 year old twins, and the ad came up showing a man showering and his bae wondering if she should go in. Another one showed two in a bed together, seemingly naked. I tried to hide the ad from my friends but they saw anyways. It absolutely disgusted me. If you love choosing your own fate like me, I recommend the game "Choices." The worst case in Choices is kissing, but that's really how far it goes.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written byannawoodfield March 22, 2017

Not bad, if you avoid the romance sections!

I think that this game is great for kids aged 10 and up because it really has no "bad" scenes. The only thing "bad" about it is that it has some language about bad things. They never show any privates. It actually is a great game if you avoid the romantic stories!

Teen, 14 years old Written byHelena_08 August 3, 2016

Addicted to this game!

This game can be addicting as for it sucks you into the story, and you just can't stop reading it! You use "passes" to read a episode of the story, which you only get 3 of every hour. This can get annoying at times, because if you want to keep reading the story they will urge you to buy passes which gets costly. Otherwise a great app! All episode official stories are appropriate for about 12+, but some "user stories" (story's written by users) can include more inappropriate content geared for about 16+. I definitely recommend this app!

Kid, 10 years old June 15, 2017

let's talk

This while game is like teen drama. There are no adult content but does bring up disturbing topics and conversations so I give sex 5/5. Positive messages are in the middle. The conversations can involve cursing. If you are cautious of your child downloading it just understand that your child might have fun but develop a new thought on things such as flirting is okay....

Teen, 15 years old Written byMoonlight..angel June 7, 2017

Episode stories

It is the best app ever !!! Just love it ! Smas the ones who tell it is boring ! I mean it is awesome Especially for story lovers I mean episode is the only app downloaded in my ipad there IS NO OTHE APP ... Because all other apps are so boring ! Download this app and read the story Haunted House or Mean girls if you want a start or Faking death or Becoming his pet There are so many awesome books !
Teen, 14 years old Written byHeather Feather March 10, 2017

Good

This game is good. It has sexual contents . So I wouldn't let children under 13 play this game tho.

Teen, 17 years old Written byadelka24 July 1, 2017

Beautiful

It is beautiful game. I want many clothes.

Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2017

Peeps its easy

Just don't use the ones that say they have mature content during the beginning. Very fun game.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRavenFaerie May 11, 2017

Yay

I LOVE this game. IDK why the ads are so sexual, there are not THAT many sexual stories. And if they are, there will be a warning. It is great to write with the new mobile creating, and I know they're updating but... yeha, it really needs an update. If you try to avoid the romance sections it's all good. Unless you want a romantic story. I just wish there were more lgbt stuff. I mean... ugh. but some of the stories are good. I wish i could publish my mobile stories becuse I dont have a computer and i cant use my moms! I just wish you could have more passes. diamonds, eh, i dont really care...

Teen, 14 years old Written bychloegarcia November 15, 2016
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2017

It's a movie with words.

Loved it. When I downloaded it age 11 I was obsessed for a whole year. They have pages like Unexpectedly Expecting and all those Bad Boy, teenage pregnancy, student-teacher relationship stories but I absolutely hated all of those plotless garbage rat-infested little 'books'. It's going to be sort of hard to find 'good stories' that is not romance/drama or werewolf/vampire but it's possible. They've really come down hard on all those 'inappropriate guideline-breaking' stories. I stopped going on Episode because they banned me from their forums. For being under 13. So Episode is pretty safe, I spose.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShanice May 23, 2017

Episode is the best interactive app you could ever download!

It is such an easy program that allows you to choose and make your own choices in games and I find this very fun and interesting as the choices you make adapt to the story your playing! This is a unique and one-of-a-kind app! I definitely recommend to anyone 12+! I will admit that the app has its disadvantages, one of them being it's obsessive urge to post stories about sex using inappropriate language. There's no need for swearing in stories and no need to write about sex! We're fine with normal stories!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLoloalo March 4, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byMagical_harpistp December 20, 2017

Don't let young girls on Episode.

I downloaded this app 2 weeks ago, enticed by the ads I saw frequently for Episode. After playing 4 stories, only one of them completely through, I was disappointed to find that 3 out of 4 had a trashy romance storyline. Themes such as cheating, love triangles, dating cruel boys, having sex, and getting pregnant very young aren't uncommon. Young middle school girls who haven't been in a healthy relationship with a male will most likely figure that the toxic romance themes in the app are normal, expected, or maybe even good. For older girls who know what a healthy romance looks like, go ahead and play. There are also many other mature/bad themes, such as drinking as a minor, college frat parties, gambling, and disobedience to parents. If your middle school girl is asking for this app, as many are, it's better to have them wait until they're older.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySophjc May 17, 2017

Ok

I think they can add more actions like hold a. Any to the create section of episode. I also think writers portal should be easier to access. You should also have the same access abilities as you do on writers portal in the create section. But easier to use.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydylanruby April 22, 2017

Episode

I honestly think this App is great... unless you are trying to make your own story on the computer.. I think it is very hard to run and control, i tried to make a story on it and it didnt go very well, I read all the tutorials and i honestly think its just too complicated, I think this app it great for people who just want to read the stories but for the people who want to make them it isnt very good.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySophjc May 17, 2017

Ok

Teen, 14 years old Written byrxb2688 August 16, 2017

Good; Incredibly cliche, no diversity and quite materialistic

Episode is a great platform to express your creativity and show off your programming skills by creating a story. ( It is actually quite difficult.) However, the stories get overbearing a cliche. On top of that, the character is always some basic white girl. There are some unique stories out there but its very rare you find one. On top of that, the boys think that the girls are just some sex toy and the girls are just some sluts who are swooning over the boys and have no substance. If you read some kind of gang story, the main character girls are nothing but trouble. THEY ARE NEVER THE LEADER. On top of that, this story portrays studious and diverse girls who are virgins losers, but also calls a dumb bimbo who's pregnant a slut.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychocolatecake123 July 20, 2017

Poorly made trash

Garbage game that serves no purpose other than to make the creators' wallets (as well as those of several Z-list "celebrities") heavier.