Parent reviews for Five Nights at Freddy's

Terrifying psychological thriller is too much for kids.

Adult Written byfire in the kindle November 23, 2014

Really scary really!

It is a good game for teens. However, the background story isn't. So one day a guy dresses up as a character from the restaurant and lures kids into the back to murder them. To hide their bodies he puts them in the robots. Over time people notice blood coming out of the robots mouth. If you look around on the later nights the poster of the 4 kids laughing turn into 4 kids crying. When you know the story the game is SO much scarier.

Privacy & Safety
Parent Written byseekinganswers November 24, 2014

Dark Theme

Scared my 12 year old just hearing about it and watching friends play it at school. He was so unsettled by it, we ultimately tried playing it with him to help him conquer the fear and move on. Unfortunately, this did not work. Apparently, this game if his "fear button." Everyone has something that fully scares them and this is his. I would not normally allow this game to be played due to the violent and sadistic nature of it. It is so popular right now that my son was unable to avoid it. Although there is no blood, there is the suggestion of extreme violence, which I think can be worse as it allows the player to use their imagination, inserting perhaps more disturbing images. If you are a parent, please read the background story of the game and characters so you can make an informed decision about whether to allow your child to play FNAF.

Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byDebbieR 1 July 13, 2015

Negative adrenaline

It doesn't have blood etc. But this game sucks your kids in psychologically and emotionally and scares the crap out of them. No, that's not funny, if you are concerned about protecting your child's development in the long run
Parent of a 11 year old Written byjackf December 29, 2014

Parent Written bysamsonkunert March 13, 2015

Not a kids game

A few kids at my sons school play this game. It is just awful. I have also heard of many of these kids now having nightmares because of it. NOT FOR KIDS!

Parent of a 5 and 12 year old Written byCloverstar April 20, 2015

Nice game

I'm sorry but it's not scary it's creepy and makes you jump but NOT SCARY!!!!!

Adult Written byThermisius March 19, 2015

I am 23 and I have been a horror game veteran since middle school, and I got to say this is one of the scarier titles I have played.

This is nightmare fuel ladies and gentlemen
Adult Written byAmyD 4 December 19, 2014

Too scary for young kids!

My son played this game after I had previously removed it from their devices. Now he is scared of things he wasn't scared of previously. If your child cannot handle jump scares or tension games, or if their imagination often goes haywire, don't let them play this!
Parent Written byjamesl1 July 11, 2015

Not good for kids at all!!!

This game definatly has had a huge impact on my sons mental state. He thinks the game is real and is became very frightened of alot of things. The game is completly inappropriate for younger kids. I definatly have concerns about this game.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written bynataliec5 June 16, 2016

Proceed with cautious or dont watch at all!

I' am writing this because of my 8 year nephew and other first hand accounts of other children playing this demonic game...My sister was telling me that one evening her son said he was hearing voices telling him to "hate god, love the devil"...My sister was concerned because there was no one else around in his room and no tv either, he just had his tablet. She asked him what was he watching to make him say he was hearing voices and he denied watching anything...The next day while her son was at school, the teacher called my sister at work and stated she was concerned for my nephew because he was hitting his own head saying he was hearing voices telling him "hate god, love the devil", when my sister gets off the phone with the teacher, she confided with her co worker what was going on with her son, and her co worker also told my sister, that her son (co worker) use to play this game and that he would tell her (co worker) that he was seeing dead people in his room. So when my sister gets home that day she asked her son again what was he watching on his tablet and he finally told her about 5 nights at Freddy's, she had no clue about this so she googled it and was surprised on the horror. With that being said she forbade him from watching this again. Also, I informed my friend who has young boys not to let them watch, my friend stated to me that lately his son had been having nightmares since watching freddy. I believe all these things mentioned are true and I also believe there are demonic spirits associated with this game.

Parent Written bydeasourus December 1, 2015

It has jump scares

My 5 year old daughter gets a kick out of this game. I have monitored her very closely to ensure it was appropriate, and honestly it's fine. It has jump scares but other than that it's not bad. I mean, if your kid is overly sensitive to surprises I wouldn't let them play this, but I don't see anything that would give kids nightmares.

Adult Written byrhysweinfurter December 6, 2014

Talk About It

If you have mature 12/13 year old this game is fine. I would definitely start playing it together at first and both remember that this game is a work of fiction with very fictional characters. I would not recommend this game for children and teens who have or have previous fears of clowns, animals, stuffed animals and sudden noises/sounds as this game has characters and noises that could trigger those fears again. The background story is very disturbing for some as children are "supposedly" murdered at the pizza place. Talk about this with your child before you even try playing the game with them but don't even think or tell them you don't think they can handle it. This puts them down and makes them only want to play it more. Never play before bed or in the dark as this makes the illusion more real. If you or your child are doubting yourselves don't play!

Adult Written byamandaboothe24 July 26, 2015

five nights at freddys

I watched some of the YouTube videos. My ten year old daughter has seen this game played and is now terrified and crying. ( thanks to her dad and his friends son) I do not believe that this game should be so cheap. Small children are able to download it and it just gets charged to the phone bill. And for crying out loud, children were killed and put into robots? What is this world coming to. Don't let sensitive children even watch the videos!!!!

Adult Written byTrueBirchMonkey857 August 13, 2015

what on earth?

so I got this game a while back, and only played it really recently. you start up the game, the start screen has the title character, Freddy Fazbear, and then you start. This guy named by the community Phone Guy, tells you that the characters Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Foxy try and get into your office and won't recognize you as a human(but as an endoskeleton), implying violence, but never shown. there are jumpscares, but also they're short and not very intense. PLAYING the game is an important step in deciding, and different people at different ages have different opinions. I know a 17-year-old who hates it, and a 5-year-old who LOVES it. The site, scottgames.com, is a picture. no interactivity at all. One more thing is that there are rare screens that imply more violence, but as they're rare, and hard too see, the damage, if such, is self-inflicted. this game really helpec Scott Cawthon, is fun and challenging, teaches management(with power) and strategy skills, and really shouldn't(in my opinion) be bashed unless played.
Adult Written byBelgianPancake April 9, 2016

Consider kids other than your own

My youngest (8) hasn't slept on his own in ages simply because kids at school won't stop talking about this game on the bus/ at recess. If your kid isn't bothered by this level of violence, that's great, but PLEASE stick to the age restrictions/ suggestions for those of us who suffer collateral damage. I would really, really like to sleep through the night again and I know I'm not alone.

Adult Written byGamer_Cake May 13, 2015

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

This game is frecking scary and tramatizing . This can scar a kid for about 1 year . My friends 5 year old brother played this and know is scared to got to Chucky Cheese! So if your a little kid do NOT play this . Also do not play it if you are scared easily. P.S. i gave it a star rating because I love it!

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bysummerb1 September 25, 2015

Not For Kids!!

Even if your child is not "scared" of this game or "likes" this game why would you let them play it? Unless your child is old enough to understand what is really happening in this game your children should not be playing it. Young kids should be playing game that encourage good behavior and good life skills.

Adult Written byBan Moy May 22, 2015

Addicting horror game too intense for young kids!

It is a fun and addicting game. Parents need to know that it has a lot of jump scares that may terrify young kids. It makes you paranoid in real life. Off for age 8 and under, pause for age 9-10, on for age 11 and up! Enjoy!

Adult Written byrebonplayer58 March 25, 2015

I am like this game but i dont think it is good for yo for young children, beacause there is people that can´t sleep.

Adult Written byLovelops1 April 22, 2015

Scared my daughter

My 10 year old came home from school, saying an older student showed her this game. She is concerned she will have nightmares. She recommends age 17 and over.