Parent reviews for Granny

Ugly, gory horror game's scares ruined by tech issues, ads.

Parent of a 10 year old Written by- SilveRStaR - . April 21, 2018

Granny

Granny is a horror based game on Android and IOS. The game is not too graphic for kids because of the poor development of 3D imaging. I do not recommend this game for kids that are easily scared. This game includes... Blood splatters/ pools of blood, cryptic quotes, and jump scares. In my opinion, it is a great mobile horror based game.

Adult Written byNico_9128 April 30, 2018

Granny

I think Granny is a very fun and scary game. This is a game for kids ages 13 and up because it contains very graphic things. Overall, I like it a lot and hope to see more things added to it in the future. Some things that should be added into the game are online mode, multiplayer mode, fun mode which means you can roam around the house and granny won't try to kill you, more ways to escape, and more areas in the house.

Parent Written byJon H. May 28, 2018

Terrifying

Don’t let anyone under 18 near this. My 6 year old’s friend has it on his iPad and I caught a glimpse of it, and I am terrified, it takes a lot to scare me. (1990’s early 2000’s J- horror -think Kiyoshi Kurosawa). Terrified because no 6 yo should be desensitized like this.

Parent of a 13 and 14 year old Written byCharmaine T. May 19, 2018

Waste of time

Not impressed at any level. Being chased with a bloody bat!? Yes, it may be beneficial and helpful with cognitive skills, but so are other apps that have a much better means to an end. My 13 yr old was horrified and it only fed my 14 yr olds fascination with horror movies. Deleted it. Especially with recent school shootings, etc there’s enough horror in the real world I don’t feel like we need to create more on our children’s devices.

Adult Written byIluvhuskies22 May 8, 2018

GRANNY?!?! Best Or Not

What I think about this horror game is the most ugliest games I’ve seen watched on YouTube. Yes it’s a horror game, but no I’ve never played it before so I’m betting it’s so scary and yes it is easy to play especially on Easy Mode.

Adult Written byLousie M. May 31, 2018

Granny Parent Guide

This scary game may be too scary for kids under 10. It is a game about a person who has a grandmother that would not let her out of her grandmother's house. She would kill her granddaughter if she has to, just to keep her granddaughter in her house. This game is good for kids. It is not too intense for it to be rated Mature 17+, Mature 18+, or Adults Only 20+ by ESRB. It is not bloody enough for it to be rated T for Teen by ESRB and Pegi-12 (12+) by Pegi. Violence: When the granny sees her granddaughter, she hits her on the head and a little bit of blood splashes in the air. Scary moments: The violent content is part of the scary moments content. The mask that the granny wears MIGHT be scary. There are bear traps in the game. The violence and the scary moments may not be suitable for kids under 10. The violent scenes might scare them or the enjoyment of watching the violence might make them want to be violent. Remind your kids that it is just a game. At some point, the game turns out to be funny because the plot is not really happening. This game is rated T for Teen by ESRB and Pegi-12 (12+) by Pegi. This game should be rated E 10+ for Everyone 10 and Up by ESRB and Pegi-7 (7+) by Pegi. In the game, you have to help the granddaughter escape the house without getting caught or you will lose and she will get knocked out with a bat or killed.

Adult Written byPowersave A. May 24, 2018

Good game for risk takers but is extreamly horrifying.

This game is good for brave kids to play but younger kids shouldn’t play this. There is a lot of blood and “Granny” has a scary face and hits your player with a bloody bat. It’s quite violent but very horrifying. The “Granny” is very scary and there are bear traps and bloody sceans. Pop ups where the “Granny” scares you can be very disturbing to young kids. The game is very hard to play because “Granny” is hard to escape from.

Adult Written byFilip B. May 19, 2018

Nothing impressive, just another generic survival horror game

Thing that bothers me is why did this game become such a popular hit? Lore and story isn't something praise worthy, ads interupt the gameplay and it's not innovative. There were games that had similar premise before that weren't popular. Only reason why this game is popular because it is released on mobile devices. Most of kids above age of 13 will not be scared from this game.
Aunt of a 5 year old Written byMissLaura-Lou June 29, 2018
Adult Written bysteph8589 June 27, 2018

Granny is the best

This game is just wonderful! It isn’t graphic whatsoever considering the “blood” is unrealistic. This game teaches strategies and problem solving. It is a little creepy but nothing too bad.4

Adult Written byEmil_of_Crete June 21, 2018

Ultra low quality, absolutely despicable.

There are so many apps and games for kids and teens that are fun, educational, with remarkable quality of sketches, background etc., that make 'games' like this totally anacceptable, even maybe dangerous for the psyche of kids. If someone considers the way kids are all over the world, teasing and challenging each other "you can't do this", "I dare you to do it", "hou are such a chicken" and so on, makes games like this a warm up for worse and even more dangerous ones like the "Blue Whale", for example. This is my opinion.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byIJAZZAEEM_HERO June 29, 2018

Granny is AWESOME to play!!

It's a challenging game & get to be invincible to fool granny!
Adult Written byMadgames10 E. June 16, 2018

Granny

I think it is a great game but it also depends the kid cause at the age I am now (12) I flinch a bit at some jump scares otherwise it might get your heart racing when you have to move around the house without making sound or getting caught but I think it is more of a strategy/horror not just horror, It isn't really gory there is some blood and what me and my friend finds out is on the 4th day is that there will be blood spatters on your screen also when you get out of bed there will be blood where your head was and she will hit you over the head when she catches also if you fail she will jump on top of you in which I think is to eat you but I doesn't show any type of cannibalism with in the game though when you do get a bit in it does have a few killing devises other wise I think that it depends the type of kid but I wouldn't let a under 9 year old kid in my preference. It is a easy game to play once you get used to the controls.

Adult Written by[email protected] July 14, 2018

It is very fun

It is very so mutch

Adult Written byDVenecia September 8, 2018

Granny

This game is NOT safe for children. A game that promotes violence instead of creativity should be restricted 18 and below, not 12+. There are implicit messaging in this game which should not be "glorified" with humor! Cognition should promote the common good.. respect for elders, preservation of life. Any form of entertainment that desensitizes from plots of violence and allows access to kids, or ask for multi user function is unconscionably wrong and is very dangerous. Allowing young people (18 and below access to a game like this is a dis-service to humanity. It should be 21 and up. There are so many options of creating thrill and excitement without plots like this.. thumbs down!
Parent Written byJessica L. September 4, 2018

Not remotely scary...

Both my 4 year old and 9 year old play this and treat it as a game. Quite aware its not real. There's a bit of blood , but no sex and no swearing... its creepy sure but as long as your kids are built of tougher stuff I'd say its fine.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byTHEBESTREVIEWS August 24, 2018

GOOD BUT CONTAINS BLOOD

Granny is a problem solving game where you have to escape granny's house and you only have five days until she kills you. The game contains blood but the graphics make it not look real. The game does contain some dark things like a guillotine in which there is a cutscene where granny cut's your head.

Adult Written byonghjaaa August 14, 2018

dadaad

daaaddaadda

Adult Written byDiana Gutierrez August 9, 2018

It's awesome and I think you should play this game but it was not scary

Adult Written byjuliarushing September 4, 2018

bad game

I think it is the most awful game that I have ever seen! My husband prefer to play online Android games at http://imoneyslots.com and it is one that really bad