Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Hay Day

Farming sim has lots of features but slow progression.

Parent of a 7 year old Written bymoosesaj June 18, 2015

is it really kid friendly?!

ok parents,i think we ALL need to know a few things about this game. it started when i let my child daisy use my samsung galaxy to download a learning game and she begged me and begged me to let her download this "educational game" or so i thought... but then i realized it was feeding her bad info about our community and careers. don't get me wrong, i love farming as should she but the way they put it was more of a drag and drop type situation.also it is highly inapropriate for kids under 17. the animals even being animated give too much graphics! its not okay for my child to pay attention to details like that!!! PARENTS BEWARE!!!! sincerely, katherine applebee

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byMary O. March 20, 2017

More expensive than a real farm.

Written byAnonymous July 25, 2017

It's not a relaxing game. It is annoying and frustrating.

They con you out of diamonds if you accidentally press the button too fast and they overcharge for diamonds. The game has a flaw in the town which I informed hay day numerous times but they do not seem to want to listen or do anything about it. For example, a fruit cake costs 83 diamonds which is daylight robbery considering how much money they charge for diamonds so one can understand one's frustration when they swipe the diamonds away over nothing.

Adult Written byfabgirl069 November 23, 2018

Great for all ages

Listen, this game is fun! You DO NOT HAVE TO SPEND ANT MONEYto have fun! Do you know how rare that is? The animals are cute and NEVER harmed when you harvest, it’s always super cute. They change outfits per season - also cute - you CAN spend real money if you want but unlike other games it IS NOT NECESSARY! You can achieve anything if you wait the time limits without using diamonds to spend it up. I CANNOT understand one woman’s review with her absurd, “parents beware” post and her gripe about the animation being too much! I feel super sorry for her poor kids. I love this game and have been playing it for years. Very fun, very cute, very enjoyable and NO NEED to spend money if you choose not to - I do and I spend a VERY reasonable amount which, unlike other games - and I play several - lasts an amazingly long time. Do not listen to stupid, unreasonable reviews.
Adult Written byJenitopia June 27, 2018

Hay Day is a life saver for anyone with additions- and its full of rewards.

I have been playing Hay Day for 7 months. When I started playing it was okay, and not so challenging. I had a horrible gambling addition, and was always leaving the house at odd hours to go and gamble at different pubs and deli shops.. but Hay Day was on my mind almost every time I went. When I passed level 30, it became more important then gambling and soon- in February- I was over my addition. completely!! It is a game for everyone - children, adults and those with additions. Once you really get into the game, you will be hooked. Its better for you too!! Thank you everyone at Hay Day! - the only downfall I am experiencing, is the new upgrade, it requires 9.0 or more , my i pad is not allowing me to download this and I really need to get back in!!