Parent reviews for Hop on Pop

Hop on Pop Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Better for kids than the first book, but is still inappropriate

This book is amazing but I recommend for age 10 and up because of themes and the transformation could be scary.

Good-quality app teaches early literacy, but not the best story

This is a high-quality app, with several read-along options for the classic Dr. Seuss book. I like that children can tap on various parts of the picture to get random vocabulary. There are three moments of slight violence: 1. "NIGHT FIGHT We fight all night." Photo of two small animals fighting in bed with rackets, one hitting the other over the head. 2. "HE ME He is after me. HIM JIM Jim is after him." Photo of a boy being chased by a monster that is biting his foot with its fangs, and the monster being bitten on the tail by a child with a menacing face. 3. "SEE BEE THREE Now we see three." Photo of bees with long stingers on their faces chasing the creatures; one is actively being stung. With the simplistic language, a child could probably follow along before age 3, but because of the children hitting each other with rackets, I am not as enthusiastic about the story as some of this company's other offerings. Accessed via Amazon FreeTime Unlimited.