Parent reviews for Kick the Buddy HD

Kick the Buddy HD Poster Image

As a teacher I look up content on youtube to show my students in classes...

Today I was looking up videos about dinosaurs, a really common topic for any young child. I found out about this game because on youtube Kick the Buddy is being played livestream by what I assume pro-game players for monetized content on youtube and it's the #1 search result. I had no clue what this game was, saw the doll getting gassed in it's little box/gas chamber. I understand now it's a doll and a game but at first glance it looks like you gassing a screaming baby. That's a bit much especially to stumble on when looking for something completely unrelated.

3 people found this helpful.

And this is what’s wrong with our society...

this showed up on my sons tablet and I was absolutely horrified when I finally took the time to check it out. I feel terrible that it was on his tablet for a few days before I really understood what it was. I am fully aware of how diligent I need to be now. The first thing I noticed were the meat hooks hanging from the ceiling of what looked like a torture room where the doll/buddy was. The “game” literally is all about torturing the buddy while he begs you to stop. He also says things that are supposed to make the player mad. My stomach hurt watching this. I wish there was more I could do to make things like this disappear.

3 people found this helpful.

How to make a sociopath

I typically dont pay very much attention to the games my kids play, but when i overheard this character asking for help I started asking my son about it. The only purpose of this awful "game" is to abuse and torture this harmless little character. It begs you to stop but you are supposed to continue. This is sociopathic. I made my 6 year old delete it as soon as i realized what it was about.

Toxic

Is your child bullied at school? Chances are the perpetrators play this wretched app. Designed by sociopaths for the deranged amusement of the photo-psychotic. My children tell me that a few of their 5 to 7 year old peers play this at home. This game is the product of a deeply troubled mind but it does have one benefit: Should I find out which of my children's friends are enjoying this witless depravity - I will be sure to remove my child from their toxic influence.

Ugly money grab

Designed to exploit and reward sadistic behavior. Stay away unless you intend to graduate your budding sociopath to torturing small animals as the next step.

Encourages violence aggression

My 6 year old boy had downloaded this and showed me it (we talk about all his downloads) as it had popped up on an ad on Subway surfers. I was horrified that he thinks it’s hilarious to get the most violent weapons and attack the ‘buddy’ until it dies. I spoke about the fact he has buddies and this wouldn’t be how to treat them. He could see the difference between this and reality but it desensitises children I believe. Our 4 year old son has recently been suggesting he might tie people to train tracks and see them run over (he has got that from Tom and Jerry) so I guess needless violence isn’t a new thing. The difference for me is the fact that in this the player is expected to choose the level of violence and bring about the demise of the character.

From the pit of Hell

There is nothing redeemable about this so called game. It is clearly a practice device to create evil ideas and promote the worst of humanity. It is designed to destroy our precious children's minds and hearts. I can't even believe it's allowed and parents are okay with it. We want sane and loving children, why subject them to this garbage? There is enough trauma and evil in life, why purposely promote more. Don't do this to the future. Tell your children this is evil, wrong and harms kids. If you want your child to be a satanist, or join Isis, or be a serial killer, train with this. So sick and it's sad this is even available for any human being.

Serial killer game

This game is disturbing. I have parental control over what my son downloads on his phone.. I made the mistake of letting him download this because of the age rating 12+ (he’s 10) and the pictures I saw. It also says it’s a stress relief game. I didn’t realize exactly what it was about. I overheard the ads telling him horrible things to make him upset. “Your parents hate you, you’re a loser, hang yourself, etc.” The game isn’t much different. It bully’s kids into making them mad and then you take your stress out on the “buddy” while he screams. It’s a torture game. In another ad for the game they promised that kids could now upload a photo onto buddies face to choose someone to torture. That was false and a lot of kids in the reviews were upset about that. There are also constant ads for other games that aren’t much better. You can buy the blood so it’s more realistic. I don’t know how far this game goes but it’s disgusting. I hadn’t realized why my son had been so angry the last few weeks until I noticed it. We played it together and he was really upset about deleting it. I told him there are other ways of relieving stress and fun things that don’t involve even fake harming anyone. He understood and is over it now but I still can’t shake my feelings for this game. I don’t know why this exists. The game is evil. It teaches you to hurt people that upset you, even when they are begging you to stop.

1 person found this helpful.

KickTheBuddy has too much violence!

KickTheBuddy has way too much violence! NOT for kids

extremely violent and inappropriate

This game made my son so scared he was crying in his bed. This game should be deleted and destroyed and the author should seek medical attention because his brain is clearly broken. Anyone who deletes this disgusting game has a good heart.