Parent reviews for Kick the Buddy HD

Violent stress-release app lets players assault rag doll.

Adult Written byLaurence Davies August 31, 2019

Sickening reflection of our society

Like some of the other reviewers my son found and downloaded this revolting game. I cannot understand what sort of sick mind dreams up things like this or how our society allows them to be published. It further baffles me that advertisers want to be associated with it. It encourages the player to be extremely violent and I don't think that making the object of this brutality, 'the buddy', look like a doll lessens the impact. I am not a prude but I find this absolutely abhorrent. This is my first review and I wish there was a zero stars option. I would say it is not suitable for any age.

Adult Written bystupidbuthappy July 8, 2019

Toxic

Is your child bullied at school? Chances are the perpetrators play this wretched app. Designed by sociopaths for the deranged amusement of the photo-psychotic. My children tell me that a few of their 5 to 7 year old peers play this at home. This game is the product of a deeply troubled mind but it does have one benefit: Should I find out which of my children's friends are enjoying this witless depravity - I will be sure to remove my child from their toxic influence.

Adult Written byaak February 17, 2019

Ugly money grab

Designed to exploit and reward sadistic behavior. Stay away unless you intend to graduate your budding sociopath to torturing small animals as the next step.

Adult Written byNurse_betty January 20, 2019

Encourages violence aggression

My 6 year old boy had downloaded this and showed me it (we talk about all his downloads) as it had popped up on an ad on Subway surfers. I was horrified that he thinks it’s hilarious to get the most violent weapons and attack the ‘buddy’ until it dies.
I spoke about the fact he has buddies and this wouldn’t be how to treat them. He could see the difference between this and reality but it desensitises children I believe.
Our 4 year old son has recently been suggesting he might tie people to train tracks and see them run over (he has got that from Tom and Jerry) so I guess needless violence isn’t a new thing.
The difference for me is the fact that in this the player is expected to choose the level of violence and bring about the demise of the character.

Adult Written byN.Manuel December 2, 2018

This game is horrible. Somehow my 4 year old found this game and downloaded it to my phone and it's very disturbing. I feel like it will desensitize children to violence and is inappropriate especially for my little one. I think its inappropriate for anyone there are healthier ways of handling your anger than sadistacly killing this "buddy" character and this should be banned for anyone. It's just a horrible idea and waste of app space.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written bytrishaw8 January 18, 2019

From the pit of Hell

There is nothing redeemable about this so called game.
It is clearly a practice device to create evil ideas and promote the worst of humanity. It is designed to destroy our precious children's minds and hearts.
I can't even believe it's allowed and parents are okay with it. We want sane and loving children, why subject them to this garbage?
There is enough trauma and evil in life, why purposely promote more.
Don't do this to the future. Tell your children this is evil, wrong and harms kids.
If you want your child to be a satanist, or join Isis, or be a serial killer, train with this. So sick and it's sad this is even available for any human being.

Parent of a 5-year-old Written byBekabug September 9, 2018

Sadistic and creepy

Like most apps this one wants money right away. That’s pretty bad but what they want you to pay for is worse.

It’s just ugly the way you can torture this character and it begs you to stop. Sadistic and sick. The ways you can abuse it escalate. If this is how you relieve stress...take up yoga and get some counseling.

Adult Written byLoan July 21, 2018

Extremely violent and NOT suitable for kids. There is no point to the game except having the ability to creatively torture someone to death .... But you get to do it over and over again because he respawns. Total utter rubbish. Do not let your kids near this sadistic game. It should be banned.

Adult Written byTheoretikos June 15, 2014

Do not give this to your children

"Just stress relief" say the other reviews. The thing is, when I need stress relief I don't unload a Mauser M2 handgun into a doll. This app not only let's you do that, the doll also pleads with you to stop. When you get tired of the hand gun you can purchase other weapons, including flame throwers. This app is extremely violent and completely inappropriate for children. Want stress relief? Get a stress ball.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 21, 2012

Are you angry? Play this app.

This is a fun app! It's also really funny.I'd say it's best for 11 and up.Now remember,this is what I think.
Parent of a 7-year-old Written bySagesmom2012 July 12, 2020

And this is what’s wrong with our society...

this showed up on my sons tablet and I was absolutely horrified when I finally took the time to check it out. I feel terrible that it was on his tablet for a few days before I really understood what it was. I am fully aware of how diligent I need to be now. The first thing I noticed were the meat hooks hanging from the ceiling of what looked like a torture room where the doll/buddy was. The “game” literally is all about torturing the buddy while he begs you to stop. He also says things that are supposed to make the player mad. My stomach hurt watching this. I wish there was more I could do to make things like this disappear.

Adult Written byAlexBell July 12, 2020

extremely violent and inappropriate

This game made my son so scared he was crying in his bed. This game should be deleted and destroyed and the author should seek medical attention because his brain is clearly broken. Anyone who deletes this disgusting game has a good heart.

Adult Written byAlexa Anderson January 28, 2020

How to make a sociopath

I typically dont pay very much attention to the games my kids play, but when i overheard this character asking for help I started asking my son about it. The only purpose of this awful "game" is to abuse and torture this harmless little character. It begs you to stop but you are supposed to continue. This is sociopathic. I made my 6 year old delete it as soon as i realized what it was about.

Adult Written byirishqueen85 November 12, 2019

Adult Written byMikesTechShorts August 12, 2019

Besides being explicitly violent, it has too many ads - just constant on both aspects

This is an explicitly violent game. It is also just loaded with commercials. At times it goes from one ad to the next. It does not use foul language so i credit them for that aspect. But it is beyond belief with respect to its condoning of violent actions. I would suggest that we all completely boycott this software OEM.

You can see it here:

Adult Written byML_93 August 10, 2019

This "Game" should be BANNED

My 4 year old stumbled upon a video of someone playing this game on Youtube.. Buddy sounds like a meth addict or someone on drugs I am very serious..Some of the things he says are alarming.. He tells the kids he hopes their batteries die and they watch too much youtube all kinds of things.. Get rid of that damn game!

Adult Written byWesley D. May 29, 2018

Its not as bad as bowmasters

Ok for starters bowmasters is ALL blood thats it and CSM said it's ok for 14+ this has NO blood but you can BUY blood for like,5 bucks!! bowmasters you cannot turn off the blood if this is 15+ bowmasters is 18+

Ease of Play
Adult Written byданил? September 30, 2015

Ease of Play
Parent of a 10-year-old Written byLTarys May 27, 2013

Unintended in game purchases could cost you a lot money without your knowledge

My almost 11 year old has been perfect with any purchases on her iphone for 3 years until kick the body. She knows to be careful about not purchasing anything and she is extremely good about it. Somehow with KtheB we racked up well over a hundred dollars in in game purchases after she played for less than an hour. What is more the iTunes receipts did not arrive in my email till about 36 hours after she played the game at , however the credit card was charged in real time. Knowing my daughter and the delay in posting charges to iTunes, it seem to me KtheB is not as clear as they should be in preventing unintended purchases.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byJEDI micah July 17, 2012

Don't just stand there! KICK THE BUDDY!!!

If you have severe anger issues and need an app that allows you to release your frustration, then this is your kind of app! The rag doll is completely unarmed and defenseless, so just keep on throwing him or hit him with stuff until he dies! Due to the violence, this app is best for kids ages 11 and up!