Kid reviews for Kick the Buddy HD

Violent stress-release app lets players assault rag doll.

Teen, 13 years old Written byaverage-teen January 13, 2020

DISGUSTING

DO NOT BE INVOLVED WITH THIS DISGUSTING APP PROMOTING VIOLENCE I COULDN'T EVEN BEAR TO WATCH THE ADD.
I cannot believe that some kids actually play this.
WHOEVER INVENTED THIS GAME SHOULD BE IN JAIL

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 20, 2012

Two words:EXTRA AWESOME!!!

I LOVE KICK THE BUDDY! It is so much fun! It also gets stress out of you body!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMc4joshua September 17, 2020

I love this game

All these adults are Karen’s they have problems the game was made to releive stress and it gives us a good laugh to I recommend this game but not if ur a Karen

Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2020

I don't know?

I think that the doll can be annoying sooo idk what to do it gets rid my anger sooo i guess 3/5
Teen, 15 years old Written bynina_with_love January 10, 2019

Why Isn't This Banned?

My 10 year old brother got this game, so I decided to see what it was about since it is so popular anyways. What I got was horrible! In this game, all you do is take this poor innocent stuffed animal creature thing, and attack it with serious weapons with guns and flamethrowers! The poor thing even begs you to stop, but you are still supposed to torture this poor thing to death! This is a horrible "stress reliever", it desensitizes kids to violence, and makes them think torture is ok. No wonder why school shootings are so common :(

Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2018

Kick The Buddy

I think this game is great for people with anger issues. I think it is age 9 and up because people under 9 are usually immature but most people 9 or over are mature so they won’t do it in real life.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGiverLove648 April 7, 2020

It's Fine

I think this game is fine to play. There is a lot of violence, so if your kid is scared of that kind of thing, then don't download it. Sometimes Buddy says stuff involving drinking or drugs, sometimes a small curse like d*mn or hell. I don't think the problem with the game is being to inappropriate, I just don't think it's entertaining. I wouldn't over react. 8 and up will know not to use this violence and real life. Sometimes you just have to let stress out. Even if it happens to be play violence. It's better than being violent in real life.

Kid, 10 years old September 4, 2012

Very good game, easy to play

This game is EXTREMELY addictive, with mild violence, but no blood or gore. It is very easy to play, so easy that even my 6 year old brother knows how to play it. There is no language, just one cry with a religious exclamation. Overall, this is a VERY good game for kids age 8 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDavid666 June 4, 2021

It's ok

Well, it's nice. Really useful when someone ticks me off. The only thing it's missing is blood. I'd love to see that. Overall pretty cool.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPenguinThatLike... June 1, 2021

It's not that bad.

Common Sense Media bases everything off of age, hence why Buddy has been getting so many high age ratings and bad reviews. It is not that bad. The "expert" age rating is entirely inappropriate. I started playing this game when I was around seven and loved the literal hell out of it. Apart from a few weapon (such as a gas chamber, guns, razorblade, etc.) the violence is hardly explicit. the fact CSM thinks a child has to be FIFTEEN to play this is insane. One word: MATURITY. A child will not grow up to be a mass murderer because they whacked a digital ragdoll around with a mace.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMurphy13 May 18, 2021
This game is good it’s not bad it’s toy violence you have to teach kids to grow up and not be to scared of everything so I think this game is very good for all types of ages
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolShark127 March 28, 2021

PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

If you are a parent and are considering letting your child download this app, you must reconsider! I was playing a 7+ game on my phone when this advertisement for kick-the-buddy came up, I thought; Huh, not many games are that stupid! And then skipped the ad. When the ad kept on popping up I decided to take a closer look. I watched the entire ad and soon discovered just how violent this game really was. I did further research online and was shocked: In the game, the Player brutally beats and eventually kills a doll begging for help! The player is encouraged to buy expensive torture devices in which to better kill the buddy! Wow!
I have read other reviews from similarly minded people who have come upon the same conclusion as me but also some kids who believe this game is alright. If you are a kid, please do not download this game!! It taps into deep sadistic areas of you’re brain that shouldn’t be dwelt in! This is the kind of game that could raise our next generation to be sadistic bullys! I was offended when I saw this and very sad. Please stay away from this game!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAdrian Aguilar-Moore January 13, 2021

Hah this game is hilarious, and not THAT violent, to be honest

It's only a little bit violent, and it's really fun, there's no blood, (unless if you buy it), and most items are not violent at all, like bathtub or apple pie or killer squid. My only problem with this is it's always asking you to buy stuff, even for $19.99!

Teen, 17 years old Written byYuyyuu October 19, 2020

Good for newborns

They can learn what life’s about and it will help kids to be better at school and treat others like how they tread buddy. Your babies will love it. No need for children’s tv this will make you kid smart and better.

Teen, 13 years old Written byREDACTED NAME October 13, 2020

This "Game" is questionable to say the least...

Teen, 13 years old Written byPoppy From The ... October 9, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written byseth.coverley September 17, 2020
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2020

It’s okay for mature teens, not for kids.

I downloaded this app without permission from my parents, and I soon deleted it after playing a few days. I realized that it could teach younger kids, like me, to be violent in REAL LIFE. If your kid is under 15, don’t let them download this app. Even if you think they are mature enough, things can change. Just keep this game away from younger kids, it can get really addictive and violent. For older kids (teens), this app is okay. It could actually help them with stress. And the little rag doll you try to kill, isn’t a real person, it’s just a rag doll. Again, just make sure your teen/kid is mature enough. And the most obvious thing of all, don’t buy the blood thing in the game. It just makes the game more violent.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysxra July 31, 2020

Sadistic Game Marketed Towards Young People

This game shouldn't even be allowed on the App Store. It promotes sadistic behavior and poor anger management.
Kick The Buddy poses as a stress relief game where you try to knock out or kill a rag doll named "Buddy" while he begs you to stop. I wouldn't be surprised if bullies were made out of innocent children that decided to install this game.
I first discovered this game when I was 9 years old, and an 11 year old friend was playing it. I was absolutely horrified and it triggered my anxiety. Now I'm 16, and I would never let my siblings or children I babysit go anywhere near this disgusting app.

Teen, 17 years old Written byagastopia April 5, 2020

gross.

I saw this ad and i knew it targeted kids bullying other kids. It’s scary to think kids are using this garbo n thinking it’s “stress relieving” I play COD and other violence video games and it’s not as psychopathic. This game is disgusting. please don’t let your kids have this.