Kid reviews for Kick the Buddy HD

Kick the Buddy HD Poster Image

PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

If you are a parent and are considering letting your child download this app, you must reconsider! I was playing a 7+ game on my phone when this advertisement for kick-the-buddy came up, I thought; Huh, not many games are that stupid! And then skipped the ad. When the ad kept on popping up I decided to take a closer look. I watched the entire ad and soon discovered just how violent this game really was. I did further research online and was shocked: In the game, the Player brutally beats and eventually kills a doll begging for help! The player is encouraged to buy expensive torture devices in which to better kill the buddy! Wow! I have read other reviews from similarly minded people who have come upon the same conclusion as me but also some kids who believe this game is alright. If you are a kid, please do not download this game!! It taps into deep sadistic areas of you’re brain that shouldn’t be dwelt in! This is the kind of game that could raise our next generation to be sadistic bullys! I was offended when I saw this and very sad. Please stay away from this game!

1 person found this helpful.

It’s okay for mature teens, not for kids.

I downloaded this app without permission from my parents, and I soon deleted it after playing a few days. I realized that it could teach younger kids, like me, to be violent in REAL LIFE. If your kid is under 15, don’t let them download this app. Even if you think they are mature enough, things can change. Just keep this game away from younger kids, it can get really addictive and violent. For older kids (teens), this app is okay. It could actually help them with stress. And the little rag doll you try to kill, isn’t a real person, it’s just a rag doll. Again, just make sure your teen/kid is mature enough. And the most obvious thing of all, don’t buy the blood thing in the game. It just makes the game more violent.

Strong violence

A stress relief app isn’t killing a poor rag doll with a range off weapons like guns, flames and bombs! It’s not the most violent game but references server real life violence. Violence 4/5-killing a poor rag doll with bombs, flames, gun and saws. The rag doll screams and gets bruised. It references real life violence that would be rated R 18+ Language 3/5- Infrequent coarse language like the f, d-a and word, Sex 2/5- the rag doll may ask for you to show him your private part Consumerism 2/5- offers in app purchases

Y’all need to chill out

You might be thinking, there has to be lots of sex ,swearing, drugs, and extreme violence for 15+, but in reality there’s no sex, drugs or swearing, violence is just as bad as the 2020 Mulan movie. In this point in the review, some parents are still thinking, “All violence is 18+“, but studies actually show that violent games reduce real world violence because people have an outlet to release their stress. Not saying to show your 3 year old kids Resident Evil or Silent Hill, the CARTOON violence does not warner a 15+, and is ok for kids around 12.

Backstory based around the game and review

To those of you who are rating this anything under 14 maybe 15 up your a dumbass anyway this game was made around I dont know if it was myth folklore or whatever but the doll is named buddy and you brutally beat and kill the doll this was based around the story of a boy who had an imaginary friend who wouldn't leave him alone and so he made a voodoo doll of the imaginary friend and brutally tortured the friend he was later found missing after a while of torturing the friend so my assumption is that it might not have been an imaginary friend and more of a demon that was preying on the kid and it took its opportunity to strike but its still a horrible concept back to the game its a horrible thing where you torture and kill their version of that doll and it promotes voodoo which is super fucked up and anyone under the age of 14 might try to recreate these acts and to the parents who may be reading this please if you let your kid have this game take it away from them its super messed up

It's ok

Well, it's nice. Really useful when someone ticks me off. The only thing it's missing is blood. I'd love to see that. Overall pretty cool.

It's not that bad.

Common Sense Media bases everything off of age, hence why Buddy has been getting so many high age ratings and bad reviews. It is not that bad. The "expert" age rating is entirely inappropriate. I started playing this game when I was around seven and loved the literal hell out of it. Apart from a few weapon (such as a gas chamber, guns, razorblade, etc.) the violence is hardly explicit. the fact CSM thinks a child has to be FIFTEEN to play this is insane. One word: MATURITY. A child will not grow up to be a mass murderer because they whacked a digital ragdoll around with a mace.

Hah this game is hilarious, and not THAT violent, to be honest

It's only a little bit violent, and it's really fun, there's no blood, (unless if you buy it), and most items are not violent at all, like bathtub or apple pie or killer squid. My only problem with this is it's always asking you to buy stuff, even for $19.99!

This "Game" is questionable to say the least...

sonic