Parent reviews for Magic Piano

Magic Piano Poster Image

Beware of user made song titles..some are racist/anti-Semtic

I've been a user of the app for 8 years and I've seen the good and bad of this app. What parents have to look out for are the user made songs along with the makers names as some titles are plain racist and anti-Semitic or use swear words. This also includes users names. I've notified those at Magic Piano TWICE. The first time I was ignored, so I tried again voicing my concerns. They eventually back wrote that they''d take down the songs. Its been over a year and their all STILL posted. So parents, be warned.

Violent ads

My daughter loves music and the piano. However, like a previous reviewed noted, the ads inbetween are incredibly violent. I saw an ad for a violent video game that scared my daughter and horrified me. I have emailed the maker of this app and asked that the violent ads be removed. I plan to cancel our subscription if they are unwilling to do so. BEWARE. I'm no prude, and this ad was alarming.

Don't waste your time!!!!

I installed this app a year and a half ago on my phone. I loved it when I originally started playing. But now it's boring, a complete waste of time repetitive and you get ads after every second song. Britney Spears the American Dream is a thousand times more entertaining than this pathetic excuse for a game. If you want to waste your time playing this piece of crap, go for it! Otherwise don't bother.

Inappropriate content

I picked up my 8 year old daughter's iPod this morning and was greeted with today's new song, "I Took a Pill in Ibiza (SeeB Remix)" by MIKE POSNER. In which planet is this considered appropriate content? I would add a screenshot but I don't seem to have that option.

Not really free if you want to enjoy it for it's intended purpose

For the first little while it was pretty fun, chill, a nice way to relax and enjoy a zen little music game. I guess after my newbie timer wore off in the first few hours of downloading, it began running long, mandatory video ads after every song or two. Songs in this game are pretty short, so for me this was every 30 or so seconds, running the content at half ad and half game. They already make you watch even more ads to get more songs if you don't want to be playing twinkle twinkle for the next 12 hours and whenever they ask if you want to check out the new daily song, what they are really saying is tricked you! Now you're stuck in an ad! I work in the f2p mobile games industry, this kind of ad setup is absurd given that they are already holding 90% of the game hostage for premium paid accounts or to make you watch ads for more songs. And I'm not talking an ad a song, I'm talking 50-75 ads per song, since most ads are 1 point and most the songs are 50-75 points, which you don't really get in aflame in any meaningful or useful way. There's nothing to groove to here except shorty ads for war games unless you want to pay the 4$ a week to play it.

Song are not truly yours on Magic Piano

Magic piano gave me a free song called Chopsticks then just took it away. Watch out, if you do not pay for 3 months or more, they will probably start finding excuses to take other songs away from you.

Parents beware

This is a fun game for any age but parents beware! There is a game commercial between every couple of songs and many of them show war, robbery, and violence including killing. They can be stopped before they are shown each time but children should be supervised if you don't want them exposed to this. This is seldom mentioned in reviews!

Just like Angry Birds,Temple Run,and Office Jerk this is so addictive.

I love this app.Very fun and addictive.I play it a lot! MAGIC PIANO FOREVER!

WHO NEEDS A PIANO THESE DAYS?!

If this app is not under your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you absolutely should download it! This is one of the most addictive apps I have ever played, next to Angry Birds! You get to play famous songs with the touch of your fingers! I LOVE MAGIC PIANO!!!