Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 22 parent reviews

Sort by:

Apalled

Found my 16 yo daughter on this app video chatting with random strange men. We almost went to blows. It is a dangerous app that is unregulated and can very easily lead to the wrong people becoming involved in your child's life. With all the sexual trafficking happening in our state, this app is definitely in the RED FLAG zone!!!

1 person found this helpful.

My daughters were violated!!!

Please do not allow your children to have this app on their electronic devices. It is completely inappropriate for any age kids. My step daughter has this app and exposed my 10 year old daughter to it. A guy sent them a picture of his penis and guys were requesting pictures of their body parts and completely nude pictures. This app is a complete disgrace and I will do everything possible to protect other innocent children from experiencing this. Protect your children from perverts on this app.

1 person found this helpful.

Too much nudity for minors, or anyone under 18!

Happened to see my son and his friend using the monkey app, what I witnessed was appalling. Young teens and preteen boys flashing their privates, cursing, grotesque language, name calling, bullying, racist derogitive names, asking the person they're chatting with to show them their private parts. Saw an older teen male flashing a dildo and asking if they knew what it was and what it was for, and what the other person could do with it. Saw underage teens drinking alcohol and smoking weed and they were making sure it could be seen. Saw a boy hold up a glock 9 and say he would shoot anybody's punk a**. Heard other young teens mock my son and his friend and making rude comments about their voices (probably an accent to someone from another state or country). I heard and saw all of this within a 20 minute period! I told my son and his friend to delete the app from their phones immediately afterwards, and told his friend if his parents had a problem with what I asked him to do to call me because I would tell them why, and if they have any sense, which I'm sure they do, then they would agree. Here's my take on Monkey: It's a great idea on the makers part, and if it could be censored for young users it wouldn't be too bad. This app until made appropriate for users under 18, shouldn't be used by minors. Yes, in this day and age kids see and hear all types of vulgar things on tv, the internet, and the radio, but as a parent you can intervene on what you feel is alright for your children. Too many perverts and child predators out there these days. If this app was geared for 18 and over it would make a lot more sense. Teens that use this app should be very cautious and not give out any personal information, young girls will see and hear things they shouldn't from males, will even see adult men who lie about their age. Teens may disagree with me especially if they like the app, but they know it's the truth. Parents, if you're concerned about what your child views and hears, please take the above information into consideration, giving you a heads up, you have been warned. It has the potential to be a good app for teens to interact with others their age from across the globe, but not until the developers find a way to weed out the bad apples or install filters for nudity, profanity, or anything that most find crude and offense.

1 person found this helpful.

Not fair for a 20yr to have to go through this even when I do not have a drivers license

This is outrageous! Made a account and everything, only was on for 20 minutes and my account is already restricted! I barley shown my face and when I did it was to dark to see anything really. I know plenty of 20yr that do not have a drivers license so why should I be punished because I don't have one.

My Gym Partner’s A