Parent reviews for Nighty Night HD

Lovely app lets toddlers turn off the lights for bedtime.

Based on 1 review
Parent of a 2-year-old Written bySatyr October 24, 2012

Sweet, interactive picture book

It's a very well executed and simply-styled interactive picture book. Unlike the reviewer, I think any words would ruin the effect of this book. Not every app needs to be a reading experience, sometimes cause-and-effect and the overall lesson (lights out, go to sleep) and the repetitive narration is all you need. I found this to be a lovely, gentle kind of book, perfect for nighttime play. My daughter plays with this app now even during the day, as she worked out where all the light-switches were even before she turned 2. I would recommend this app even for a 1 year old, where a parent could show a child all the animals and talk about them before turning out the light. There are too many apps around trying to be everything for a parent, like a one-stop shop. This app doesn't do that, and in its simplicity, there is beauty.
Adult Written byRenee W. May 30, 2018

Now costs money

Adorable, and all that is written about it here is true, except it it no longer free. $2.99
Parent of a 5, 9, and 17-year-old Written byCampSailFoilFly May 26, 2018

Best Non-Book Bedtime App in the App Store

Fox and Sheep really developed this one right in so many ways. So worth the upgrade for more animals as well as the rest of their app library. Who couldn't like a circus flea toot?! (That's from another bedtime app by them). I find myself "accidentally" reminding my kids of these apps when I could use a reading break too. but oftentimes I just miss my twirling spider. This one a no-brainer.

Easy 5 stars for this one.

Ease of Play
Parent Written byZizy_zizy September 5, 2013

So cute

Lovely calming app

Parent of a 2, 10, and 12-year-old Written bytheisons May 30, 2011

Not just a night time adventure

My son loves how the light and animals react as he touches them. Keeps him occupied for about 10-15 minutes anytime of day.