Parent reviews for PictureThis - Plant Identifier

PictureThis - Plant Identifier Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Best plant ID app

I haven't tried the free version, so I don't know about the social media requirements. The premium version is well worth the $30/year if you are really interested in getting the best IDs. I've tried many plant ID apps. This is by far the best.

1 person found this helpful.

Great app, but some users are confused…

I think people who are talking about the cost, payment, and charges are just confused on how to get to the free part. I have used this app many times over a 2 year period and have never given them any credit card information or been charged a dime. When the screen pops up that tells about the free trial I NEVER click “continue”. I always click “cancel” in the top right corner on my iPhone. It is an “X” on android devices. I really enjoy using the app and it has proven helpful many times. I only gave 4 stars because I feel that the free trial screen causes confusion and people to give payment information that they do not have to give to use the free version of the app.

They keep stealing my money

Avoid this app at all costs. The free trial is a con. I haven't used the app for over a year, but thry took money from me again this week.

Billing issues reported

Downloaded it and it looked like a great app. However, they do not reveal the amount initially. I had to go to google and find out. Sounded too shady for me. After I read the other complaints, I uninstalled it. I can only hope I don't get charged for opening it up. I did not use it.

Great ap but keeps asking for money

I love the app because it works and was happy to pay the $30 per year. But when I lost my iPhone and downloaded it again it kept asking me to subscribe again. Then it worked for a while. Then it stopped working and asked me to subscribe again. Very frustrating. If it doesn’t start working again I’m going to ask for my money back.

Nice product but Native people still exist

I am enjoying this app even though my plant friends say it is not accurate enough. It is good enough for me. My main concern is stating Native people in the past tense. Picture this.... Indigenous people still exist and continue to utilize and steward Native California plants. Please speak about us in the present tense. We are not dinosaurs. Wish I could figure out how to get ahold of them to give them this feedback.

Impressed

Great app

I am really happy with this app. It's fluid to use and even my young daughter can figure it out. The database is wide and uses clever techniques to identify my plants. I don't know why everyone is complaining I haven't had a single issue. It works as described, and very educational.

Fraudulent charges

These creeps claim you can use for ten days free. I used for one day and cancelled and they still charged me for the year. Liars.

Picture This-Usually accurate but pricey at $20/year

I love having it. Use it often in my yard, friends yards, and about town. I wasnt raised well enough to identify plants on my own, and Picture This fills that void. It’s mostly accurate and usually has an answer and description as friend or foe. I cant believe the cost is yearly. I will eventually cancel. One more thing, i’m not good at identifying poison ivy, this App is, so it’s good for hikers too.