Parent reviews for PictureThis - Plant Identifier

Snap pics, learn facts using plant resource with potential.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bypamcot5 April 23, 2020

overcharges

The advertisment says a charge of around $30 a year. I am charged a weekly charge of $2.19 and can't find a way to contact anyone to question this. anyone know how i can contact someone about this? it's a good app but I don't want to pay more than advertised.
Adult Written byScottFoster February 8, 2020

Poor Business Model

I tried this app. It worked perfectly the one time I used it. Then about a month later a bill for $29 showed up on my Apple account. They should have warned me so I would have time to cancel, since I rarely used the app. They also refused to refund the money they swiped from my account. Very poor way to do business.
Adult Written bycrazzytreelady June 3, 2021

Best plant ID app

I haven't tried the free version, so I don't know about the social media requirements. The premium version is well worth the $30/year if you are really interested in getting the best IDs. I've tried many plant ID apps. This is by far the best.

Adult Written byKmono May 4, 2021

Billing issues reported

Downloaded it and it looked like a great app. However, they do not reveal the amount initially. I had to go to google and find out. Sounded too shady for me. After I read the other complaints, I uninstalled it. I can only hope I don't get charged for opening it up. I did not use it.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byJdebell March 26, 2021

Great ap but keeps asking for money

I love the app because it works and was happy to pay the $30 per year. But when I lost my iPhone and downloaded it again it kept asking me to subscribe again. Then it worked for a while. Then it stopped working and asked me to subscribe again. Very frustrating. If it doesn’t start working again I’m going to ask for my money back.
Adult Written byAlwhit February 25, 2021

Nice product but Native people still exist

I am enjoying this app even though my plant friends say it is not accurate enough. It is good enough for me. My main concern is stating Native people in the past tense. Picture this.... Indigenous people still exist and continue to utilize and steward Native California plants. Please speak about us in the present tense. We are not dinosaurs. Wish I could figure out how to get ahold of them to give them this feedback.

Adult Written byTweety3772 February 15, 2021

Impressed

Adult Written byHerbivoregirl December 9, 2020

Great app

I am really happy with this app. It's fluid to use and even my young daughter can figure it out. The database is wide and uses clever techniques to identify my plants. I don't know why everyone is complaining I haven't had a single issue. It works as described, and very educational.

Adult Written bybennyboy000 September 25, 2020

Fraudulent charges

These creeps claim you can use for ten days free. I used for one day and cancelled and they still charged me for the year. Liars.
Adult Written byWixomAce June 28, 2020

Picture This-Usually accurate but pricey at $20/year

I love having it. Use it often in my yard, friends yards, and about town. I wasnt raised well enough to identify plants on my own, and Picture This fills that void. It’s mostly accurate and usually has an answer and description as friend or foe. I cant believe the cost is yearly. I will eventually cancel. One more thing, i’m not good at identifying poison ivy, this App is, so it’s good for hikers too.
Adult Written byMike Quigley June 23, 2020

It's a scam

It says it is $19.95 a year. We are being billed that per MONTH!
Adult Written bythedars1 June 16, 2020

Extremely underwhelming

This app might be great if it actually worked. Not only that, but they do not give you any reminders that you will be charged for the annual fee and not the monthly fee. I was charged and only used this app 1 time. It was so bad that I actually forgot that i had it. They still managed to get my funds because of Google Pay. Also, finding that spot to contact customer support was a total run around. Not happy with this at all!
Adult Written byMarty1only April 24, 2020

No help to me

The app would not identify my weed pictures. The only response I received was poor connection, not sure what that refers to since I had three bars.