Parent reviews for Plotagon

Build-a-story animation has cool concept, low quality.

Adult Written byJonR123 June 18, 2018

Award Winning Education & Communication App

I'm astonished to find this App has only been given two stars on the site review as it has won a number of awards e.g. The CODiE 2018 award in recognizing excellence in software, content and education. It has previously won the Red Dot Award for communication design and is used as a powerful learning and story telling tool in many schools. I have used the Plotagon App to teach at post-graduate and undergraduate levels and think it's potential in education and as a teaching aid is huge. As a tool for creative writing it is fun, engaging and for kids that wouldn't normally like writing, it's a great solution. The software is under constant development as new features are added which allows for some amazing animation with virtually no software/computer skills required to bring a story, learning concept or just an opinion, to life in a video.

Adult Written byGDDanimator June 18, 2018

Plotagon as an App, is absolutely Great!

Let me first say the review that is here is more than slightly too negative and was superficial. Creative tools don’t create the end result, the User has to use the tool, if the User is going to write a story they have to be knowledgeable and skilled at least a little in storytelling. Of course,this App and Computer download can help the User to do that, but it has to come from the person using the App. I have used Plotagon as my chief Art creating tool over at least the last 3 years, of course it has it’s limitations but I think that the parameters of knowing and utilizing all the tools, and to master them in a basic way, might take at least a 1/2 dozen completed Plots to get all the possibilities contained in Plotagon. I have a Filmmaking Degree and I say that this is a 5 Star Animation App. Another aspect of Plotagon that might be important to a young person or an adult who might consider using Plotagon, is the community is extremely supportive and you can find a nice comfortable home to discuss your completed Plots and to explore others Plots too. Another great feature is that Plotagon offers a character creator, which amongst other characters, allows you create your own avatars l I am going to try and Post a completed Plot I recently created, this Plot was NOT edited outside of Plotagon’s Plotmaker. Here it is, and I think many Plotters besides myself are getting Professional Results. https://youtu.be/cL2prEWrdhI

Adult Written byBfair2E1 June 19, 2018

The Best Story Telling App!

I think the review given to plotagon was very misleading, considering the age range is between 10 -100 kids and adults. It is an app to have fun, it sharpens your reading, your creativity, and is a lot of fun, made easy to use unlike, POW POWTOONS whatever it was called, and others out there. All the work is done, you just choose scenes, add characters and your story, no technical mumbo jumbo to deal with! In the past few years this company has grown and accomplished a lot! Hundreds if not thousands of new users from all over the world come to the app DAILY. They have a great community of people there too. Not to mention with having camera functions etc .. there is quite a bit of things you can learn how to do with this app. Plotagon also has "Plotagon Education" for Teachers and schools, to make learning more fun! Your not gonna have a professional movie from a 10 year old, so the writer of the review lol, really needs to think about the ages of a lot of the users and whether the user was just plotting for fun, or trying to make a serious animated movie, before saying "They lack skills" (That feels like a swat to the users!) based on 2 plots they watched. I hope my 10 year old never gets judged like that for being on an animation app trying to have fun! As I have 2 kids who are now on plotagon who used to be on POW, and say they like plotagon much better. They are learning, and having FUN, which is what a good app does. I simply find it hallarious that Commonsense would expect professional type movies from 10 year old kids in an animation app, and with some people who have never even done animation before. Does pow toons and the others have professional movies made by kids? Plotagon does have all it needs to make a top notch "Fun" animated movie", They have even had awards for their app! Common sense Dana, doesn't seem to realize how much easier plotagon is to use, than other like apps. I have been a user of plotagon for a 2 years and watched it grow and expand into a great app! Kids and adults alike are respectful of one another and give good feed back on plots. Dana? You REALLY missed the mark this time, with your poor rating. If this app was so bad, they would not be so popular. What a shame. I just say to people, check the app out! or let your kid check it out, and you will see them like it and stay! I hope this gets posted, because it is an honest review, from an actual user of plotagon!

Adult Written byuncommonmedia July 25, 2019

ASTONISHING!

This app is very underrated. People don’t realise how much you can do with one app. If there was a game scale from 1 to 10, I would put 10/10
Parent Written byPiranhaDragon June 18, 2018

An Inspiring Creative App

There is nothing greater than the ability to create your own stories. I have downloaded and tried many animation and storytelling apps but Plotagon has to be the best. The community are devoted and monitored by some amazing people, the animations are sleek and professional, and the creative process is very user friendly. Using a text based system is inspired, far simpler than coding or moving characters with dot placement. Yes, there is development to be done, but I don’t believe that detracts from the Plotagon experience. Plotagon appeals to all generations, young and old. Friendships are made and creativity is nurtured. I believe the original reviewer misses the idea that this is free for anyone of any ability to use when they comment on the storyline abilities, this review is on the software not the people using it. The fact that the standards of plots are not high should encourage children and indeed everyone to create whatever they please, and be an open door to all kinds of people. Plotagon is inclusive and engaging. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to explore film and script writing.

Adult Written byteachermuriel June 18, 2018

Best animation app available!

This is an excellent app for both teenagers and (young) adults to learn how to tell a story or express their views (e.g. on bullying ).
In my opinion, the CS review is far too negative and overlooks some points. Yes, there are some technical hitches, but that is to be expected with a 3D animation app as versatile as this. Its ease of use is most impressive! Plotagon has seen some major overhauls and continues to improve.
Another unfair point, in my view, is the lack of quality plots. Some featured users spend a great deal of time and effort making quality stories that go to the limits of what the app can do.
As far as the robotic voices are concerned, the app also offers the possibility to record your own voice.
The community is very supportive and friendly. Finally, for younger children and schools there is a sister app called Plotagon Education.