All parent member reviews for Scribblenauts Remix

Educator and Parent of a 5, 14, and 17 year old Written byBaldwin April 12, 2012

A different kind of videogame

This game is great because the goal is so different from other video games. You aren't following a pre-designed path or figuring out the "right" way to beat the level. You have to come up with ideas of your own. That makes it hard to get at first--my son initially said "this is boring, it doesn't tell you what you have to do." But when I suggested he could give the guy almost anything he wanted--like maybe a flamethrower (just saying)--the lightbulb went on and the challenge shifted to how outlandish he could make his solutions. The limitation is the player's own imagination and vocabulary, and I think there's even been a couple of times when it helped teach my son how to spell a word correctly. Now we actually have the most fun just playing around without a goal, seeing what crazy & funny things we can populate the empty levels with. And then blowing them up.
Adult Written by454352 July 19, 2012

Paid updates sour this app

A lot of people are upset that the most recent update costs money, and that to unlock more questions you need to pay extra as well.
Adult Written byIan A. September 19, 2016

Good game, but feels like demo

Scribblenauts is a great series. Period. I can't talk about apple/ios but as fat as android is concerned I have to say that this one feels like freemium/demo compared to scribblenauts unlimited. The story is no-existent the levels are lacklustre and the dictionary is mild. They want you to pay for extra levels and avatars but unlimited has both for free. If you think of this as a demo you probably won't be dissatisfied, but as a full game it is severely lacking!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytintinruaza July 22, 2015

So. Very. Addicting.

My 12-year-old kid loves this game. It's really fun and great for learning. The purpose of this game is to teach kids how to use things. For example, if you want to refresh a thirsty person, you can refresh him/her with any liquid. Caution for those under 4: Please note that there is extremely mild violence in the game, especially when you get weapons from the notepad.
Educator Written byGardenqueen June 19, 2013

Go for it!

Fun, engaging, and my kids love it!