Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Tellonym

Anonymous messenger ripe for cyberbullying, hurt feelings.

Adult Written byi would rather ... March 24, 2019

Parent of a 13 year old Written byLynnietunes May 7, 2019

Despicable!!!!!

Who in their right mind would develop an app which allows teens to make anonymous comments? This app came to my attention this week when a friend's daughter told me that she had viewed a conversation on this app with disturbing comments about my 13 yr old. Comments such as slag, whore, two-faced, fake.....and most appallingly of all, 'she should go and kill herself'. I am absolutely disgusted that, given the rise in social anxiety, depression and suicide amongst young teens, apps such as this are permitted to exist and exploit our vunerable young people. Remove it from your child's phone and spread the word. As with other reviewers, I would rate it '0' if able to!

Adult Written byMrJackD May 2, 2019

Quite destructive without severe parental guidance.

If you don't have in mind to go through the app and its safety functions you really shouldn't allow it. There's absolutely no way you can avoid cyber bullying and hurtful messages out of the box. Especially when dealing with teens and their rollercoaster emotions. Our own teen doesn't even have the app, but some girls in her school does and now we have a situation where someone "signed" a over the top hurtful message with her name in the end. Simply because that was done everyone think she was the one who wrote it. But basically anyone can write anything and end the message with any name they want and leave it up to chance what will happen afterwards. We have said to her she couldn't get the app, which connects with SnapChat and makes it possible to swipe into a Tellonym message through Snap's MyStory. Ofcourse it's up to the user who has Tellonym installed to not post the anonymous messages, but being teens... ofcourse they do /facepalm. So please... this app states it was design with mental health in mind. I don't think the creators have that much life experience themselves or reflections, because it DOESN*T promote mental health, and it doesn't promote open discussion. Because the teens now... have no comprehension of how to talk to or with others, especially not when it comes to msg apps. Thank you.

Adult Written byStarlight.moonshine March 25, 2019

The worst app for teenagers

This app should be banded, it’s courses nothing but trouble for my daughter and her friends. People tell to kill herselp and calling her bad name! Apps like this should be banded from society
Adult Written byWatchingmum March 20, 2019

USED FOR BULLIES

I am absolutely disgusted with this site. My 14 year old daughter was told no one at school likes her and she looks like a rat along with other nasty comments. This led my daughter not wanting to go to school or on the skiing trip. This site should be banned and taken seriously as children talk of suicide these days. I never complain about anything but this is one site that has destroyed a lovely 14 year old girl and given her anxiety and lack of confidence. DO NOT RECOMMEND AND HAVE TOLD MY DAUGHTER TO DELETE THIS VILE SITE. NO MORE TO BE SAID OTHER THAN YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. THIS IS NOT A GAME. IT IS A CYBER BULLYING SITE.

Adult Written byExpat March 15, 2019

Toxic. Kids should not have this app.

This is an app that allows anyone to post anything about other users, while remaining anonymous. It is heaven for trolls who want to post the most vile, graphically violent, racist, misogynistic and sexual messages imaginable. Some messages seem to be taunting users to consider suicide. (“Why are you even alive? Nobody likes you.” In addition, Tellonym features plenty run-of-the-mill cyberbullying like: “You think you have friends, Sophie, but we all really hate you.” And because the company promises it will never reveal who posts this garbage, there is nothing you can do but request to delete it, and then calm your (otherwise responsible) devastated child who installed the app behind your back, because “Everyone has it.” Oh, and it’s the perfect haven for pedophiles to contact tweens and teens, masquerading as kids themselves and asking your child seemingly innocent questions like where they go to school, or requesting that they post a photo! Found some of those, too. This does unbelievable damage to kids’ self-esteem and mental health. There is nothing good that can come of having this app. Check your child’s phone and if it’s there, talk to them about why you need to delete it.

Adult Written byR Covi March 15, 2019

The experience is different for everyone

The issue with this app is that in some cases, it can be used for bullying, however, not always. Depends on who your child is involved with online. Personally, I’ve never dealt with harrassment on this app and neither have any of my friends. If your child is dealing with bullying, review their friend list on Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat because that is the real source of harassment. You cannot send images on this app so it is not a platform which can be used for the exchange of sexual images. Users are easily able to report messages on this app. I would recommend this app for teenagers because of the risk of profanity.

Adult Written bySFBay19 March 12, 2019

Platform for cyberbullying

Just want to share two examples my 14 year old received on Tellonym. The words speak for themselves. I had to contact the company to remove these postings that are against their own Terms of Service and they were not eager to do it. Their algorithms do not seem to pick up this sort of content. Please be aware what your vulnerable teenager could be exposed to on this site. "You're such an awful person I don't get why you're still alive. You should (expletive) die and burn in hell where you can rot for eternity you worthless pile of sh(...)" "I agree with that person telling you you're worthless because you truly are. (...) tbh you don't deserve anybody."

Adult Written byJuliecrd January 19, 2019

Noooooo

If I could give it 0 stars I would. It’s a platform for bullies, cowards and trolls. Being anonymous lends itself to the cruel west of worlds with no consequnces. If your kid has the app, it’s in your best interest to check it daily or delete it!!!!
Adult Written byHPowers17 October 11, 2018

Terrible app

My daughter has this app and it is nothing but a platform for bullying. I wish that I could give zero stars. Also wish I could post a screenshot of the threatening messages my daughter received.

Adult Written byJulian W. August 18, 2018